Indo-Israeli Barak-8 / MRSAM

What approval do you need to start development? :cautious:
I think the approval part is made up. This program has been going since 2016-2017. The missiles are now under fabrication and the firing is emminent.

Now we can say the IN is calling their LRSAM as MRSAM.

@marich01 the LRSAM-IAC is nothing but the vanilla MRSAM for INS Vikrant. Till 2021, MRSAM was known as LRSAM in the IN that is why you will see all the docs mentioning it as LRSAM-IAC.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
I think the approval part is made up. This program has been going since 2016-2017. The missiles are now under fabrication and the firing is emminent.
Correct, but in the case of Pralay we have seen AoN getting approved before final trials. Maybe they are going more proactive.

• Agree

Now we can say the IN is calling their LRSAM as MRSAM.

@marich01 the LRSAM-IAC is nothing but the vanilla MRSAM for INS Vikrant. Till 2021, MRSAM was known as LRSAM in the IN that is why you will see all the docs mentioning it as LRSAM-IAC.
The program was just IAC specific, most likely some subsystems etc, user choice tweaks.

If not wholly mistaken, this project probably has 2 types of warhead, 30 kg & 60 kg size.

How many MRSAM did army get? or is it of firing trial thing?

Screenshot (2).png

They raised the first regiment of 'Abhra' a few months back. Original plan was to raise 5 regiments with 40(or 30!!) firing units.
Hmm its kind of odd for DRDO RCI to do the maintenance of the trucks, while system is inducted. Perhaps these are trial units kept there by the lab.

1690629221760.png

the defects are :sneaky: (5 more pages after this below) you would think its not a truck anymore

1690629269968.png

1690629419215.png

• Haha
Hmm its kind of odd for DRDO RCI to do the maintenance of the trucks, while system is inducted. Perhaps these are trial units kept there by the lab.

View attachment 29288

the defects are :sneaky: (5 more pages after this below) you would think its not a truck anymore

View attachment 29289
View attachment 29290
Mountains are really tough on automobiles. We should rectify the faults soon as MRSAM is one of our trump cards against PLAAF and PLARF.

Reactions: marich01
Wow, they had everything figured out way back in 2020 itself.
You need a frozen configuration set by a senior committee first before getting to work, then during tests and trials make corrections and update it. Many documents in other projects mentioned about revised config version , which were later introduced. I think the AHSP (authority holding sealed particulars) is the final version which is handed over for final certification process.

My guess is its the common LRSAM/MRSAM launcher of previous, possibly.