It's so embarrassing to see a terrorist group having better standardisation than the largest army in the world. Even their aks and pkm's are all decked out. With sights and fore grips. Plus the training style is on par with all the tacticool stuff done by westerns sf's. They all seem Russian trained with the way they are acting though...
Even Kashmir's most recently formed terrorist group "TRF" has some basic camo and carry M4's

• Haha
Reactions: Lolwa
Let's just be happy they are not as well armed and uniformed as the Taliban red force and those Hezbollah sf guys..
There is no substitute for training at the range time, RR units have learned this and probably have the most range time among the forces deployed in the valley. These "m4" toating wormfood, rarely last for more than 30 mins in an all-out gunfight. When those Carl Guzz starts taking pulverizing the floors and walls around you, the concept of hell becomes a reality pretty fast.

In semi-urban gunfights, there is just no other force as lethal as our boys.

Steadily and surely the equipment of the forces will get better.

There is no substitute for training at the range time, RR units have learned this and probably have the most range time among the forces deployed in the valley. These "m4" toating wormfood, rarely last for more than 30 mins in an all-out gunfight. When those Carl Guzz starts taking pulverizing the floors and walls around you, the concept of hell becomes a reality pretty fast.

In semi-urban gunfights, there is just no other force as lethal as our boys.

Steadily and surely the equipment of the forces will get better.
I'm not doubting their training. My point is a lot of psychological effect is on how well equipped a force is. It doesn't have a tactical value but also a psychological value. The spetsnaz and the seals have a psychological advantage because of how well equipped they look both to the soldiers and the enemies. Now our soldiers are extremely well trained and disciplined. The lack of investment in our special forces creates a lot of glaring holes in their operation. The US Navy seals could probably do a similar operation in a shorter time simply because of how many resources they have on their disposal and take much less casualties simply because of the same. We would achieve similarly targets in harder conditions because of lack of resources but take longer time. There was a competition with all paramilitary forces the Assam rifles and another state police performed better than the NSG that shows how experience and training can help to perform better. The NSG's operation fit a niche that can only be filled by them and they are much better equipped which will result in better performance in real time operations..
Our special force should be treated as strategic asset instead of a tactical asset. Every major military from the U.S ,U.K,France and even Poland have given a strategic priority to their special forces. Which shows in the operations they do. The Russians have also switched and made their spetsnaz as such with the alfa and vympel group. We also need to change our airborne regiment into a corps with joint operation of the air force and army. It should be similar to the VDV. A large airborne corps consisting of para airborne and more infantry units be raised to make a corps size airborne unit. Also remove the para SF and put them under a special forces green berets like unit. A special forces corps. Also the rashtriya rifles and Assam rifles should be be made one unit so they are interoperable and can be used as strategic assets instead of keeping them a paramilitary force. Also usasoc type models are required for all our armed forces branches. Only buying equipment would t fix our problems a massives restructuring and recalibration of objectives should be done regarding our special forces. A airborne corps would give us a better return on investment than a marine corps for the simple fact of how army centric our military is.
What is your opinion on that??

Last edited:
I'm not doubting their training. My point is a lot of psychological effect is on how well equipped a force is. It doesn't have a tactical value but also a psychological value. The spetsnaz and the seals have a psychological advantage because of how well equipped they look both to the soldiers and the enemies. Now our soldiers are extremely well trained and disciplined. The lack of investment in our special forces creates a lot of glaring holes in their operation. The US Navy seals could probably do a similar operation in a shorter time simply because of how many resources they have on their disposal and take much less casualties simply because of the same. We would achieve similarly targets in harder conditions because of lack of resources but take longer time. There was a competition with all paramilitary forces the Assam rifles and another state police performed better than the NSG that shows how experience and training can help to perform better. The NSG's operation fit a niche that can only be filled by them and they are much better equipped which will result in better performance in real time operations..
Our special force should be treated as strategic asset instead of a tactical asset. Every major military from the U.S ,U.K,France and even Poland have given a strategic priority to their special forces. Which shows in the operations they do. The Russians have also switched and made their spetsnaz as such with the alfa and vympel group. We also need to change our airborne regiment into a corps with joint operation of the air force and army. It should be similar to the VDV. A large airborne corps consisting of para airborne and more infantry units be raised to make a corps size airborne unit. Also remove the para SF and put them under a special forces green berets like unit. A special forces corps. Also the rashtriya rifles and Assam rifles should be be made one unit so they are interoperable and can be used as strategic assets instead of keeping them a paramilitary force. Also usasoc type models are required for all our armed forces branches. Only buying equipment would t fix our problems a massives restructuring and recalibration of objectives should be done regarding our special forces. A airborne corps would give us a better return on investment than a marine corps for the simple fact of how army centric our military is.
What is your opinion on that??

Wow, that is quite a brilliant post. I haven't had this line of reasoning, and it's quite eye-opening, and unfortunately, I am not quite qualified to talk about strategic issues. I am obliged to tag @Falcon @DivineHeretic for their expert opinions.
@Ashwin @Gautam @nair @randomradio @_Anonymous_ A very interesting topic to discuss, restructuring of the fighting force. @Lolwa if I could request you to start a new thread with your post framed into an article with all of the restructurings you would propose.

Wow, that is quite a brilliant post. I haven't had this line of reasoning, and it's quite eye-opening, and unfortunately, I am not quite qualified to talk about strategic issues. I am obliged to tag @Falcon @DivineHeretic for their expert opinions.
@Ashwin @Gautam @nair @randomradio @_Anonymous_ A very interesting topic to discuss, restructuring of the fighting force. @Lolwa if I could request you to start a new thread with your post framed into an article with all of the restructurings you would propose.

This article is on similar lines. @Lolwa

Reactions: Lolwa
From the recent NSG bomb squad deployment in Delhi to diffuse the IED placed by ISIS elements:
1598787193272.png

1598787230397.png

1598787261204.png

1598787332096.png

Reactions: Hellfire

More districts in Andhra Pradesh are planning to raise their own dedicated SWAT Teams

Last edited: