BJP hits a century in Rajya Sabha, first party to do so after 1988​

Before polling, it was on 97 seats​

The results of the set of 13 Rajya Sabha seats that went to the polls on March 31 has set a record of sorts for the Upper House, with the BJP crossing the double digit mark, and having 101 seats currently in the House, a first after the period of 1988-90 when the Congress had held that distinction.

Before the polling, the BJP was on 97 seats, but one seat each in Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Assam has put the party into the 100 seats club. The tally of the National Democratic Alliance led by the BJP now stands at 117 members in the 245-member House, including the "extra seat" from Assam, a contest that saw cross-voting and resulted in the BJP and its ally, the United People's Party Liberal (UPPL), grabbing the seat late on Thursday evening. Currently, the Lok Sabha has 236 members and nine vacancies.

72 members retire​

On Thursday itself, in fact 72 Rajya Sabha members retired, and polls for these seats (remaining 62) is now spread through the months to July. States where these seats will be contested from include Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Karnataka, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh.

Of the rest of the 62 seats, the BJP currently holds 30 seats and is confident of gaining some, but they might also lose some in States where Opposition parties have come to power.

Before 2014, the best ever tally for the BJP was 47 seats in the 2012-13 period, and it gradually bested this tally as Prime Minister Narendra Modi assumed office in 2014.

Congress has 29 seats​

The Congress on its part has hit a new low, at 29 seats. The Rajya Sabha polls spread over the next few months till July will see no Akali Dal member in the Upper House for the first time in decades and only one BSP member, as two out of the three BSP members of the Rajya Sabha, retire in July.

The BJP was quick to mark this record with its information technology department convenor Amit Malviya tweeting out the news: "BJP and its allies win both the Rajya Sabha seats from Assam. The other two seats from the North East, namely Tripura and Nagaland also won by the BJP. This makes it 4/4. Congress draws a neat blank. The BJP now has 100 members in the Rajya Sabha. No party has been there after 1988."

• Informative
Reactions: R73 FTW

The biggest threat to India ain't Pakistan or China, but this mindset. This communist mindset of freebies.

And no political party to blame here. Only the society. And in the longer run this society will pay for it too. Already paying in the form of increased rates of fuel.

BJP hits a century in Rajya Sabha, first party to do so after 1988​

Before polling, it was on 97 seats​

The results of the set of 13 Rajya Sabha seats that went to the polls on March 31 has set a record of sorts for the Upper House, with the BJP crossing the double digit mark, and having 101 seats currently in the House, a first after the period of 1988-90 when the Congress had held that distinction.

Before the polling, the BJP was on 97 seats, but one seat each in Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland and Assam has put the party into the 100 seats club. The tally of the National Democratic Alliance led by the BJP now stands at 117 members in the 245-member House, including the "extra seat" from Assam, a contest that saw cross-voting and resulted in the BJP and its ally, the United People's Party Liberal (UPPL), grabbing the seat late on Thursday evening. Currently, the Lok Sabha has 236 members and nine vacancies.

72 members retire​

On Thursday itself, in fact 72 Rajya Sabha members retired, and polls for these seats (remaining 62) is now spread through the months to July. States where these seats will be contested from include Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Karnataka, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh.

Of the rest of the 62 seats, the BJP currently holds 30 seats and is confident of gaining some, but they might also lose some in States where Opposition parties have come to power.

Before 2014, the best ever tally for the BJP was 47 seats in the 2012-13 period, and it gradually bested this tally as Prime Minister Narendra Modi assumed office in 2014.

Congress has 29 seats​

The Congress on its part has hit a new low, at 29 seats. The Rajya Sabha polls spread over the next few months till July will see no Akali Dal member in the Upper House for the first time in decades and only one BSP member, as two out of the three BSP members of the Rajya Sabha, retire in July.

The BJP was quick to mark this record with its information technology department convenor Amit Malviya tweeting out the news: "BJP and its allies win both the Rajya Sabha seats from Assam. The other two seats from the North East, namely Tripura and Nagaland also won by the BJP. This makes it 4/4. Congress draws a neat blank. The BJP now has 100 members in the Rajya Sabha. No party has been there after 1988."
Despite having such numbers, PM is forced to withdraw something because anti national pigs will protest.

This has been the problem with BJP. Ignoring those who vote for them and trying to appease those who will never vote for them.

If the person would have been a Hindu shouting Jai Shree Ram, scenes would have been different. Instead of Niazi we would have seen this today over our news.
You can start with the headlines. If the man hadn't been from samudaay vishesh but from the majority community, the first thing they'd have done is splash that all across the news.

Look at the state of affairs . You have UP Police in charge of security of the Gorakhnath Temple , I'm assuming & not a single policeman is carrying a firearm or is equipped with a bullet proof vest .

Like always we await a tragedy before remedial measures are taken.

• Haha
Reactions: Innominate

Look at the state of affairs . You have UP Police in charge of security of the Gorakhnath Temple , I'm assuming & not a single policeman is carrying a firearm or is equipped with a bullet proof vest .

Like always we await a tragedy before remedial measures are taken.
Police is in really bad shape. Work has been going on for education for some time, now we are looking into health. It's still some time before we will look into police I think.

I love reading Ram Guha just as I loved reading windbag here only to confirm how fallacious their thinking was & is especially regarding Nehruvianism ( whatever that is) & Nehruvian India which along with Gandhi & Gandhianism aka Gandhian Pranamism is being consigned to it's rightful place in history - the dustbin where it belongs.

• Agree
Reactions: R73 FTW

On the one hand , we have the Constitution of India proclaim that affirmative action would be limited to practitioners of the Hindu faith except for the ST community & on the other hand we get to read such news & all this with the BJP in power .

The biggest problem in India is that we do not acknowledge the problem infront of us.

What is 2 groups ?

If a Hindu procession was attacked by a Muslim group, then this is what should be reported. Suppression of true news is what will slowly give rise to Armed Hindu Extremists.
What astonishes me so much and angry too tbh that it's happening right under MHA's nose. I mean Delhi Police is maybe the 2nd or 3rd best police force in the country with access to state of the art survelliance systems like the NETRA and NATGRID among others and still they fail to preempt such violence by the pissfuls. But the same BJP ruled state like UP is having no such cases as of yet. So either Mr Chanakaya is incompetent in handling internal natsec issues in the capital or the Delhi Police is. I don't want to disrespect Delhi Police cuz they have proved themselves in the past too by stopping many terrorist attacks nor do I want to insinuate that Amit Shah is cuz its under him too that no blasts haven't happened in Delhi fortunately but these recent cases of sleeper cells attacks don't exactly generate confidence in me of him.

What astonishes me so much and angry too tbh that it's happening right under MHA's nose. I mean Delhi Police is maybe the 2nd or 3rd best police force in the country with access to state of the art survelliance systems like the NETRA and NATGRID among others and still they fail to preempt such violence by the pissfuls. But the same BJP ruled state like UP is having no such cases as of yet. So either Mr Chanakaya is incompetent in handling internal natsec issues in the capital or the Delhi Police is. I don't want to disrespect Delhi Police cuz they have proved themselves in the past too by stopping many terrorist attacks nor do I want to insinuate that Amit Shah is cuz its under him too that no blasts haven't happened in Delhi fortunately but these recent cases of sleeper cells attacks don't exactly generate confidence in me of him.
In MP due to objection by Maulvis, the procession of Hindus were stopped.

By I can assure you that come Friday and you will see religion of peace members on road blocking everything.

In my opinion BJP to a certain extent tries to appease them.

Mughal Era Part 2 (aka Modi 2.0)

Wealth of temple is not of the temple but of whole nation which includes muslims and Christians, but no incentives for Pujaris.

Wealth of Mosque/Idgah/Madarsa is wealth of only Muslim Waqf board and not of India, but India will provide them with salary and pilgrimage incentives from tax payer money's (which includes Hindus money too)

You cannot play Hanuman Chalisa around Masjid and during Azan , but Non Veh ships and Muslim shop owners are allowed around Temples. Muslims can use government property and encroach over them in the name of religion. Even when causing discomfort to general public.

Hindu procession in MP (BJP ruled state) cancelled because of objections from Maulvis (it was a once in whole year event) , but Muslims will continue to disrupt everything during Ramzan and secularism will prevail.

Hindus being 2nd rate citizens under a reportedly so called Hindu regime.

The development agenda is failing with Farms law, Land Laws all into gutter. No Sight of Uniform Civil code and Population Control measures visible as of yet.
I will not blame the state government's, 300 seats at center means you got no excuses.

Excuses se yaad aaya AP Dhillon ji ka sanjeet. Akbar 2.0 Zindabaad!