_Anonymous_

Dec 4, 2017
Mumbai

To all those born in & after 1991 , pls do read this article. It gives you a good perspective on how we as a nation evolved, rose up & met severe challenges that many worldwide didn't expect us to meet up to or survive.

A cursory look at the nations keeping us company in that list should clarify any doubts. I may also add that a Readers Digest book of 1985 that I chanced upon more than a decade later had an article by The CIA Factbook which listed India along with Yugoslavia as two nations not expected to survive in its current form in the 21st century.

They held pretty much the same view about the former SU since the early 50's given their economic policies but were unsure when would if happen & it's fallout about which they were extremely apprehensive for obvious reasons. Iraq came onto their radar only in 1990 -91 after the 1st Gulf War. That's when the West started actively working on it's various fault lines.

You may also find this interesting & worth a revisit after all the time.

@vstol Jockey ; @Nilgiri ; @Milspec ; @suryakiran ; @Bali78

Last edited:
Reactions: Bali78 and Nilgiri

vstol Jockey

Professional
Dec 1, 2017
New Delhi

To all those born in & after 1991 , pls do read this article. It gives you a good perspective on how we as a nation evolved, rose up & met severe challenges that many worldwide didn't expect us to meet up to or survive.

A cursory look at the nations keeping us company in that list should clarify any doubts. I may also add that a Readers Digest book of 1985 that I chanced upon more than a decade later had an article by The CIA Factbook which listed India along with Yugoslavia as two nations not expected to survive in its current form in the 21st century.

They held pretty much the same view about the former SU since the early 50's given their economic policies but were unsure when would if happen & it's fallout about which they were extremely apprehensive for obvious reasons. Iraq came onto their radar only in 1990 -91 after the 1st Gulf War. That's when the West started actively working on it's various fault lines.

You may also find this interesting & worth a revisit after all the time.

@vstol Jockey ; @Nilgiri ; @Milspec ; @suryakiran ; @Bali78
Such doomsday predictions for India have been right from 1947 when we became Independent. We all know that all of them have been proven wrong. And as India's GDP grows, India will continue to become stronger.

Cole_phelps

Jun 19, 2019
India
The whole idea was to make Police open Fire and then it would have created a " Jallianwala Bagh Moment "

Sikhs weren't swinging their swords on Britishers in JWB.

Propaganda aside, every nation knows how much restraint Delhi police showed. Khalistanis tried to do politics over dead bodies. Can Indian sikhs ask Canadian or American ones that can they try to run over cops or block roads of capitals for months for any reason?

Rail roko Al-britannia style

This is what policing looks like, and explained.