Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

AD-1 of Phase 2 of our BMD successfully tested.
1667387235038.png

Last edited:
Two updates/ rumours:

1. AD-1 will be having a naval version

2. A desi S-400 type system is under development (most probably ERADS).

View attachment 25082

This may become a necessity much sooner than we think.

I have serious doubts as to Russia's ability to deliver the full S400 capability set, let alone be able to support it throughout its service life. The semiconductor & lithography bans could pose very serious risks to sustainability of any high-technology Russian product.

For example, TSMC will no longer be producing Baikal processors and Russia has no fabs to make them at home. The only alternative would be to fall back on old Soviet chips from 60s/70s which may not be fully suited to forming part of a modern IADS network.

please, Show US.
Just seeing the current news on tv (I think everyone knows now what is going on) and it seems they will need that running skill very soon if not already.
Two updates/ rumours:

1. AD-1 will be having a naval version

2. A desi S-400 type system is under development (most probably ERADS).

View attachment 25082

A naval version means ship based dedicated BMD like Japan? That would be quite some feat!

Reactions: RASALGHUL
I don't know how much of this is true but Alpha Defence is saying the design of XRSAM which was revealed earlier has been discarded as it was just an initial design by adding a booster to MRSAM. Now, they are moving ahead with 2 different missiles: ERSAM and XRSAM.

This may become a necessity much sooner than we think.

I have serious doubts as to Russia's ability to deliver the full S400 capability set, let alone be able to support it throughout its service life. The semiconductor & lithography bans could pose very serious risks to sustainability of any high-technology Russian product.

For example, TSMC will no longer be producing Baikal processors and Russia has no fabs to make them at home. The only alternative would be to fall back on old Soviet chips from 60s/70s which may not be fully suited to forming part of a modern IADS network.
The only option for them is to source from Chinese fabs. But that will be disastrous for us.

The only option for them is to source from Chinese fabs. But that will be disastrous for us.

I have doubts on how much of the Chinese fabs can run into the future.

Remember that the recent US sanctions on Chinese semiconductor industry are extremely comprehensive. China is still very much dependent on the import of equipment that can etch the design, and print the wafers. Companies like ASML which have effectively monopolized the sector will no longer be supplying them to China.

Plus the loss of Western-origin HR, lots of which used to work in the Chinese semiconductor industry and now left due to threat of sanctions/loss of citizenship, is also likely to be profound and is irreplaceable.

Reactions: RISING SUN