Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

Me waiting for this year's Pralay and SMART tests.

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley
Smart all the way....

Don't know why but Astra mk2 which was "officially" revealed few days back and VL-SRSAM look so "similar" to me(even their mid-body girth looks equal)🤷‍♂️

Anyways, even if VL-SRSAM is only single pulsa a la Astra 1, we may upgrade it with dual pulse version in future. Lets see.

Astra 2:

View attachment 24767

VL-SRSAM:

View attachment 24768

Don't know why but Astra mk2 which was "officially" revealed few days back and VL-SRSAM look so "similar" to me(even their mid-body girth looks equal)🤷‍♂️

Anyways, even if VL-SRSAM is only single pulsa a la Astra 1, we may upgrade it with dual pulse version in future. Lets see.

Astra 2:

View attachment 24767

VL-SRSAM:

View attachment 24768

FfZDnh7UAAARlu0

VL-SRSAM with launcher poster
I always sustepected VL-SRSAM to be SAM version of Astra 2. Now that we know its weight is 16 kilos more that Astra 1(weight 154 kgs), my suspicion has increased more. Could it be🤔

FfZ4ezwaEAEpDI3.jpeg

• 8 flight trials completed successfully

• ITCM-TD projects for 100 %
indigenization with PDC of July 2023.

• Nirbhay variant LR- LACM sanctioned for IAF & IN

• This missile induction number need to cross 10,000 at minimum

Damn looks like @Gautam was correct and I was wrong🤦‍♂️. According to the official brochure the max range and altitude of VL-SRSAM is only 15 and 10kms respectively. So it's only single pulse Astra MK1 then and not Astra2 as I suspected😟:
Screenshot_20221019-212132_Chrome.jpg

FfhPSVcacAE7bS0

Adding to its range of product portfolio,BDL has launched three new products at Defexpo,"ATGM for MBTArjun","Sangramika", a light weight vehicle mounted Anti-Tank Guided Weapon System and"Sanharika",an armoured vehicle mounted Laser guided short range anti-Aircraft Weapon System.