Indian Ballistic Missile Defence Programme - Updates and Discussions

Sea based is definitely not part of phase 1. I have seen multiple seminars on BMD program a decade back when the program was at its peak. There was no mention.

Test from ship is possibly a precursor to future program for the navy.
Could be , after all threat perception evolves gradually. Lets see how it goes once the phase 2 start testing.

A published paper from 2019 by some from PGAD group , attached file below

1696174778182.png

Attachments

• sahu2019.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
There was a BDL tender few weeks ago , I did not post at the time, it mentioned PGAD a lot, and work scope spanned for T0 + 22 weeks.
I wonder if it is related to BMD phases or not. It was about some test jig fixtures.

1700297153311.png

1700297347873.png

Reactions: Fatalis
Looking back, last AD related tender I kept a screenshot of was the previous test related. It was probably 2 lot delivery by the 2 L1 L2 bidders, so another test must be on sometimes next year maybe. I don't remember who won the bidding.

1700313659395.png

1700313684673.png

1700313805236.png

Does AD-1 have a KKV @Fatalis sirji? or incorporate some KV that have IIR seeker? Else, that tender was maybe AD-2 related? The last test, with chonky booster, it was RF seeker right?

@Fatalis sir seems L1 and L2 is not awarded yet and it was re-tendered, possibly will take some time. Not bad, should be ready by the time they get ready to test and the AD target missile launch site also becomes ready perhaps.
If AD-2 is about shooting down exo-atmos BM of higher range, that would mean we have both a target missile that can mimic such high range BM (aka tweaking a Prithvi as target is no more an option, and aka we need to have missile tech of longer 10000km range naturally) AND we also have proper telemetry, target tracking of very long range adversary BM targets. Right ? Every bit of update we are now getting suggests exactly the similar development work happening. Long range radars, shipborne telemetry tracking, deep space sat based tracking, high res imaging systems, BMD on ship, upcoming dedicated BM target missile launch site being prepared.

1700381602840.png

1700381716193.png

@Fatalis sir seems L1 and L2 is not awarded yet and it was re-tendered, possibly will take some time. Not bad, should be ready by the time they get ready to test and the AD target missile launch site also becomes ready perhaps.
If AD-2 is about shooting down exo-atmos BM of higher range, that would mean we have both a target missile that can mimic such high range BM (aka tweaking a Prithvi as target is no more an option, and aka we need to have missile tech of longer 10000km range naturally) AND we also have proper telemetry, target tracking of very long range adversary BM targets. Right ? Every bit of update we are now getting suggests exactly the similar development work happening. Long range radars, shipborne telemetry tracking, deep space sat based tracking, high res imaging systems, BMD on ship, upcoming dedicated BM target missile launch site being prepared.

1700381602840.png

1700381716193.png

View attachment 31229
View attachment 31231

View attachment 31229
View attachment 31231
AD-II will be a next level beast. I guess we will be modifying a Agni for acting as incoming BM.

Awesome work @marich01 sir ji for finding all this. Much appreciated.

Reactions: TARGET
It was in the above video but some glitches are there so I am not sure what it is. These things are huge in size.

The well secretive project P197 under PGAD finally showing signs of good progress. integration work about to start in next few months.
Quite a lot of sections, 2 motor stages at least so sort of 3 staged.

1709548750707.png

1709548679380.png