Indian Ballistic Missile Defence Programme - Updates and Discussions

BMD radar complex, wonder how much is the range. :unsure:

FkTnSr5aYAALOAJ

Reactions: Rajput Lion
BMD radar complex, wonder how much is the range. :unsure:

FkTnSr5aYAALOAJ

Range should be above 1500kms or even more than that. Also, despite the above it's amazing that some people still don't believe that Phase 1 is operational, lol.
So, AD-2 won't have any ground based launchers🤦‍♂️

What about missiles coming from over/across the Himalayas? How are they supposed to be intercepted by Indian Navy🤔

Reactions: marich01
Maybe the Cmdr was saying from naval use pov, I mean its very hard to consider DRDO making only naval launch of AD-2 when we face that threat from the east exclusively. If exo-atmospheric ICBMs are needed to be shot down it will almost certainly come from both the eastern part & chinese subs maybe?

Maybe the Cmdr was saying from naval use pov, I mean its very hard to consider DRDO making only naval launch of AD-2 when we face that threat from the east exclusively. If exo-atmospheric ICBMs are needed to be shot down it will almost certainly come from both the eastern part & chinese subs maybe?
Exactly. US has both Naval plus Ground based BMD systems. Our Ad-1 and AD-2 should also be both ground and ship based. Only making it Navy specific doesn't make any sense, IMO.

It is just my hunch but I think all the P-15A/B and P-17A/AU will only get the Program LRSAM missiles coupled with MRSAM to provide 2-layered protection .

While the NGD will form and provide the naval BMD network.

It is just my hunch but I think all the P-15A/B and P-17A/AU will only get the Program LRSAM missiles coupled with MRSAM to provide 2-layered protection .

While the NGD will form and provide the naval BMD network.
It's definitely the case. There is no real requirement to have this on most ships.

if its the same design as land based then it will need new VLS !
@Parthu

Reactions: Parthu