Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

And there is a 105 mm ulh howitzer is available with kalyani, mounted on hlHummer. Saudi Arabia has already placed order for few if i am not wrong. It is far better suited weapon of choice than any light tank in mountainous region like ladakh to handle Chinese, good for indirect and direct firing with superior mobility than any variant of tank. Dont know what logic is driving IA to go for a light tank in mountainous region, without even considering this gun.
Do you read your posts? You are comparing a howitzer mounted on a hummer to a *censored*ing tank. Going by your logic, IA should just get rid all its T-72s, T-90s and Arjuns and order K9 Vajras instead.

Lemme put things into perspective. A tank with 120mm or 125mm caliber gun can shoot at an enemy position/vehicle from 5km away. With pinpoint accuracy if you're using FSAPDS rounds. A 105mm howitzer can shoot at a large target from 20km away... Do you post this BS just to troll or are you really deranged?

On another note, T-72 with 1500bhp engine APS, Modern FCS, etc would be better than any light tank

Do you read your posts? You are comparing a howitzer mounted on a hummer to a *censored*ing tank. Going by your logic, IA should just get rid all its T-72s, T-90s and Arjuns and order K9 Vajras instead.

Lemme put things into perspective. A tank with 120mm or 125mm caliber gun can shoot at an enemy position/vehicle from 5km away. With pinpoint accuracy if you're using FSAPDS rounds. A 105mm howitzer can shoot at a large target from 20km away... Do you post this BS just to troll or are you really deranged?

On another note, T-72 with 1500bhp engine APS, Modern FCS, etc would be better than any light tank
Is this your first time with this guy. Let me tell you, Hydra is a very opinionated personality. He likes to comment on every thread under the sun. And the confidence with which he posts absolute garbage is unmatched. Its not a crime to not have the technical knowledge, but still, he is everywhere. His incessant whining, crying and non-sensical comparisons use to grind my gears as well, but then I learned to ignore him. You should do that too. Its helpful. No offense to you Hydra, You can carry on.

The way I read it was, using light SPG's for aiding the Armor movement.

Reactions: smestarz
And there is a 105 mm ulh howitzer is available with kalyani, mounted on hlHummer. Saudi Arabia has already placed order for few if i am not wrong. It is far better suited weapon of choice than any light tank in mountainous region like ladakh to handle Chinese, good for indirect and direct firing with superior mobility than any variant of tank. Dont know what logic is driving IA to go for a light tank in mountainous region, without even considering this gun.

Howitzers can't be used as the first line of defence since they have no armour on them. They can only provide supporting fire even in direct firing mode only if there are other tanks protecting them from the front. Howitzers also don't have the same rate of fire, the same amount of stabilisation, cannot fire on the move etc. So they cannot replace tanks on the battlefield.

Howitzers can't be used as the first line of defence since they have no armour on them. They can only provide supporting fire even in direct firing mode only if there are other tanks protecting them from the front. Howitzers also don't have the same rate of fire, the same amount of stabilisation, cannot fire on the move etc. So they cannot replace tanks on the battlefield.
Agreed, in a normal battle ground howitzers & tank cannot compare each others. But in mountainous terrain, a wheel mounted light weight howitzer can deliver much better result while comparing to a tank.
Protection, i seriously doubt how a light weight tank, that too a Chinese one will provide crew protection in modern warfare.

Agreed, in a normal battle ground howitzers & tank cannot compare each others. But in mountainous terrain, a wheel mounted light weight howitzer can deliver much better result while comparing to a tank.
Protection, i seriously doubt how a light weight tank, that too a Chinese one will provide crew protection in modern warfare.

Tanks are useful for occupying territory

They move along with the infantry when Artillery has done its job of softening the targets

If you have 100 enemy tanks charging at your positions , you cannot stop them by artillery and ATGMs alone

The Enemy will also be using his Artillery against your dug in infantry troops

Reactions: JustCurious

A tank cannot be replaced by a howitzer. It will get killed in a second. Artillery is a supporting arm not a frontline arm.

The Chinese light tanks are pretty good. They can't compare to the T-90, but do well enough against our old T-72s.

Tanks are useful for occupying territory

They move along with the infantry when Artillery has done its job of softening the targets

If you have 100 enemy tanks charging at your positions , you cannot stop them by artillery and ATGMs alone

The Enemy will also be using his Artillery against your dug in infantry troops
I agree with you to the most part. But the chances of a formation of 100 tanks is doubtful. That said, we have had our Army deal with RCL guns against the Pakistani Tanks in 1965 war. But in the current day where we have weapon locating radars, anything stationary is a sitting duck. Artillery is definitely a support arm of the Infantry and are not a 1:1 replacement for Armored formations.

Reactions: Sathya

Where did i said like that? To getrid T72/90/arjun/k9 infavour of 105 mm howitzer.