Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

Don't you literally replace generals on the basis of what the CCP and Xi wants??? You replaced your generals three times within a span of 6 months in the TAR region.

Galwan humbled the PLA, and the same thing will happen against Taiwan before he understands things aren't what the CCP has told him.

IMG_20231010_135906.jpg

Garuda 105-v2

Shooting was so accurate that the infantry would at times call for artillery fire up to 40m, when normal safety distances were much higher.

You have a long way to go
I remember that India had a Kargil report for the Committee. You can find out more about it. It is common for retired Indian generals to boast about their past experience.
No. 'Cause we are talking about just 2 to 4 guns. And you have already seen a video of how quickly they can move.

You are probably imagining multiple regiments will drive over 1 little bridge.
A basic battery level unit is nine guns.

Drones require line of sight, so they have to fly very close to the bridges, ie, Indian territory. Larger drones are susceptible to enemy fire. Smaller drones are obstructed from view and require line of sight for communications. Do you think the IA is not constantly shooting down Pakistani drones in Kashmir?

The bridges are on the other side of the mountains, not facing China.

Scouts can be used, but the terrain is so difficult that they won't be able to contribute meaningfully to the conflict by just staring at bridges. The same with satellites. Such difficult to train and build resources will be used for more meaningful ventures
How to defend against drones, even in the Russian and Ukrainian battlefield is a big problem. I don't think the Indian army has enough air defense, after all most of the Indian army's air defense weapons are stuck in the 1970s.

In the IA, corruption is very different from what you think. There is very little corruption during acquisition because of multiple checks and balances. There is corruption when it comes to much smaller things that only make life a little more comfortable. I don't know if you didn't notice, but our generals live upper middle class lives with some rich people benefits like access to clubs. PLA generals are all rich socialites with massive bank balances.

You are quite imaginative
You're right. For example, the FH77 howitzer, if I remember correctly, the final rebate was around 20%. This is also the direct result of India not getting any cash for its modern artillery for 40 years.
You know what? I don't want to reply. The administrator of this forum just deleted my post. I was going to write a purely technical post. But it has fallen into a pointless quarrel. Most Indians are trapped in their fantasies. They have not read any contemporary theories and books on modern warfare. nothing about the modern revolution in military affairs since the Gulf War.

To be honest, I have found that most Indians are very shy of photos of the Galavan conflict. They're just telling you we won. We won. A kind of self-paralysis.

To be honest, I have found that most Indians are very shy of photos of the Galavan conflict. They're just telling you we won. We won. A kind of self-paralysis.
The title says its artillery thread, but you want to discuss galwan where they fought with sticks and rods.

What did you win? If you consider not publishing the martyrs of a premeditated stick fight as a win, that's cool. Party army, party rules. What do you know about honor and the sacrifice of willingly dying for a nation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rajput Lion
The title says its artillery thread, but you want to discuss galwan where they fought with sticks and rods. Don't they not teach basic etiquette in 50 cent school?

What did you win? If you consider not publishing the martyrs of a premeditated stick fight as a win, that's cool. Party army, party rules. What do you know about honor and the sacrifice of willingly dying for a nation?
Didn't the Indians lead the artillery into the conversation on the alleged corruption in the Chinese military and the lack of courage in the Chinese military?
The Red Army of the Soviet Union has more so-called communist attributes than the Chinese army. Do you think they know about sacrifice and dedication? If the Chinese army does not know what sacrifice is, what dedication is, how did it defeat the Americans in the Korean battlefield with the weapons of the First World War? Don't tell me what sea of humanity tactics are, any sea of humanity tactics have been ineffective since World War I.

Didn't the Indians lead the artillery into the conversation on the alleged corruption in the Chinese military and the lack of courage in the Chinese military?
The Red Army of the Soviet Union has more so-called communist attributes than the Chinese army. Do you think they know about sacrifice and dedication? If the Chinese army does not know what sacrifice is, what dedication is, how did it defeat the Americans in the Korean battlefield with the weapons of the First World War? Don't tell me what sea of humanity tactics are, any sea of humanity tactics have been ineffective since World War I.
People's Liberation Army is literally the armed wing of the Chinese Communist Party. :ROFLMAO: A party which let go of its core ideology and went capitalist to be in power after killing millions and millions for nothing.

Human cannon fodder is the reason for korean victory of the communists. Life has no worth, the solder cant go back as he will be shot dead. Just like in stalingrad.

Is that what you got? Korean war? And asking other about battle experience without shame. You bent over and let west and USSR bully you. Then how will you have experience.

Pakistan army is a far better institution (Only working institution of that nation) and we know their record. Zero gains against us from its existence.

People's Liberation Army is literally the armed wing of the Chinese Communist Party. :ROFLMAO: A party which let go of its core ideology and went capitalist to be in power after killing millions and millions for nothing.

Human cannon fodder is the reason for korean victory of the communists. Life has no worth, the solder cant go back as he will be shot dead. Just like in stalingrad.

Is that what you got? Korean war? And asking other about battle experience without shame. You bent over and let west and USSR bully you. Then how will you have experience.

Pakistan army is a far better institution (Only working institution of that nation) and we know their record. Zero gains against us from its existence.
Never mind. I don't have any desire to discuss it with you. Your ignorance amazes me. @randomradio also has some military knowledge and a desire to argue with others. For you. It's more like one of my neighbor's dogs listening to its annoying growls.

Never mind. I don't have any desire to discuss it with you. Your ignorance amazes me. @randomradio also has some military knowledge and a desire to argue with others. For you. It's more like one of my neighbor's dogs listening to its annoying growls.
Sure, continue the tradition century of humiliation. *Red salute*

Next time, before saying "we won a stick fight," check who Taiwan still belongs to.

• Haha
I remember that India had a Kargil report for the Committee. You can find out more about it. It is common for retired Indian generals to boast about their past experience.

That argument holds no water. Our artillery was praised.

You are counting a PLA unit with its reserves, not a field unit in the IA.

IA's unit compositon is different.

How to defend against drones, even in the Russian and Ukrainian battlefield is a big problem. I don't think the Indian army has enough air defense, after all most of the Indian army's air defense weapons are stuck in the 1970s.

Then IA has been destroying Pakistani drones without weapons since the last few years.

You're right. For example, the FH77 howitzer, if I remember correctly, the final rebate was around 20%. This is also the direct result of India not getting any cash for its modern artillery for 40 years.

The FH77 scam was the last known major military scam. There have been no proven scams since then.

All people involved realize that such big ticket scams are not easy to hide.

You know what? I don't want to reply. The administrator of this forum just deleted my post. I was going to write a purely technical post. But it has fallen into a pointless quarrel. Most Indians are trapped in their fantasies. They have not read any contemporary theories and books on modern warfare. nothing about the modern revolution in military affairs since the Gulf War.

Yes, thank you for your participation. You are a bigger expert than the Indian Army with actual mountain warfare experience.

If you want to discuss Galwan, then take it to the appropriate thread. This one's about artillery.

how did it defeat the Americans in the Korean battlefield with the weapons of the First World War?

Do you really think the Americans wouldn't have won if they wanted to? They didn't want a united Korea. A hot zone there is like the hot zone between India and Pakistan, it keeps regional powers pre-occupied with regional issues.

I've been reading up on PLA's orbat. The artillery is the same as IA.

A PLA artillery battalion has 18 guns, that's 3 batteries of 4-6 guns each. There is no 9-gun unit.

What you are referring to is a light rocket battalion, which has 9 launchers in each battery, total 27.

And PLA is also currently using 122mm towed guns in the mountains. :rolleyes:

• Informative
I don't deny that the Chinese military also has corruption, but compared to India.It is much smaller, and the corruption of the Indian army has seriously hindered its progress. Since fantasy can make the Chinese army surrender to you through bribery. So why don't you disband all the Indian army. Just prepare enough money for China. I warmly welcome doing so.
The PA is a far more combat experienced army, compared to the PLA. All the points you ar emakin g compare plain warfare to mountain. Just goes to show how much the PLA needs to do to catch up.

The comparison is totally flawed. The corruption in PLA should be compared to corruption in the Soviet Union. Hidden and far more pervasive.

Nobody won Galwan. It was a stalemate. What most Indians do claim is that CCP hid PLA casualties which has been recurring chong behaviour since '62. Those photos don't tell anything of the night preceding it to be fair.
And it's funny how you batmunchers keep forgetting why those photos got leaked by wumao bots. It's because of this.

Your guys got embarrassed in the North East and to pre-empt that humiliation your wimp of a regime released photos of the post Galwan clash.