Gaming & Consumer Electronics

Reading now...
Berserk, Kingdom, Vinland Saga, HxH and One Piece.

Watching now:
Nothing now. I have seen Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, and Code Geass long ago. Used to follow One Piece as well, but it got boring. But most definitely waiting for the continuation of HxH.
I'm following Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Ajin, Drifters, Black Lagoon, Gangsta, Attack on titans and one piece. One Piece anime I watch only after the whole arc is available.
Kingdoms my fav
Finished the rest you mentioned.
If you can find English webtoons you should read 70. You will love this one but I can't find the rest of the chapters in English there are around 40 more. Link
I follow some adult manhwa also:whistle:

Last edited:
I'm following Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Ajin, Drifters, Black Lagoon, Gangsta, Attack on titans and one piece. One Piece anime I watch only after the whole arc is available.
Kingdoms my fav
Finished the rest you mentioned.
If you can find English webtoons you should read 70. You will love this one but I can't find the rest of the chapters in English there are around 40 more. Link
I follow some adult manhwa also:whistle:

Oh, yeah, forgot about Attack on Titan. I've heard about Black Lagoon and Ajin. First time hearing about Drifters and Gangsta.

You should check out One-Punch Man, it's a funny parody about superheroes.

That 70 seems like it's dead.

Some more pics of my modding experiment. Trying to decide on an option. 4 different mods.

The unmodded color palate of Fallout 4. Ultra settings, no motion blur.

20190808201107_1.jpg

Brighter, but also more contrasted. A color palate that deepens colors, but adds additional brightness, but doesn't overwhelm. Bloom is a problem with high contrast sets as contrast adjust brightness, even without adjustments to lighting sliders.

20190808201109_1.jpg

Teal. Blech. It makes greens and blues pop, but the bloom is horrid.

20190808201241_1.jpg

Two shots, seconds apart, showing a more rich color depth configuration of the standard Fallout 4 palate.

20190808201735_1.jpg

20190808201744_1.jpg

This is what I normally use. It gives the game a Resident Evil 4 look and feel. It's a highly saturated, gritty color palate.

20190808201859_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Parthu
This set gives a great look at how each mods effects the color palate. My weather mod decided it'd be snowing... typical. But that resulted in decreased visibility, and as a result, decreased color variance which actually turned out great for this demonstration:).

Unmodded. Everything looks bad. Or actually like a real snowstorm:p.

20190808202933_1.jpg

Standard colors, but more depth and saturation. Not adjustments to contrast or lighting.

20190808202930_1.jpg

Already there's more "pop" versus an unmodded color palate, even in the heavy snow.

Higher contrast, brighter lighting, but unlike in Far Harbor in the previous set, it looks pretty poor in inclement weather. The world's brighter, both from increased lighting and increased contrast, but visibility becomes hard when looking at naturally bright or reflective objects due to higher bloom as a result.

20190808203448_1.jpg

I didn't like the teal option, so I decided not to include it in this set.

This variant I didn't show in the previous picture set. It plays around with the lighting, not the colors and shows how even in the absence of a color palate touch up, changes to how the game renders other graphics metrics (in this case lighting, but not contrast or saturation or colors themselves) makes a difference versus an unmodded game.

20190808204127_1.jpg

Also one I previously omitted. It's an odd scheme. Almost fantasy like. Highly saturated, but with soft lighting. Again showing how changes to the light can effect the color.

20190808204457_1.jpg

20190808204749_1.jpg

And finally my preferred "gritty" look and feel to Fallout 4. It also doesn't have a great look during the snowy effects. But the saturation does give the game the appropriate "feel" in my estimation. A mix of lighting and color changes.

20190808205111_1.jpg

20190808205054_1.jpg

20190808205207_1.jpg

For those of you who have seem my photography and wondered how I get the shots I get, hopefully this gave you a few tips. We can't often adjust the contrast or saturation of real life without filters or screens, but we can, using different lenses, apertures and exposure times effect how lighting altars the colors of a photo and this picture set, though for a video game, does show a bit of how lighting adjustments can effect the outcome of photos in real life too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parthu and Paro
Oh, yeah, forgot about Attack on Titan. I've heard about Black Lagoon and Ajin. First time hearing about Drifters and Gangsta.

You should check out One-Punch Man, it's a funny parody about superheroes.

That 70 seems like it's dead.
Drifters is a pretty cool Historic concept. I love the storyline.
Black lagoon and Ajin are full-on military action.
Bacano and gangsta are superb mafia storylines.
I watched one punch man too.
I have watched so much anime since 1999(one piece) that I became fluent in Japanese.

Last edited:
Drifters is a pretty cool Historic concept. I love the storyline.
Black lagoon and Ajin are full-on military action.
Bacano and gangsta are superb mafia storylines.
I watched one punch man too.

I'll check them all out some day.

I have watched so much anime since 1999(one piece) that I became fluent in Japanese.

Haha. That's interesting. Do you speak English like the Japanese do now, where they screw up all the pronunciation? Fight-o. :p

One last thought from me on modding and photo editing in general. If you're like me and like to mod lighting, contrast, saturation and color palates, keep in mind that there's often a big unforeseen issue with doing so and that's that environmental conditions aren't static. Take these sets as an example. Before, then after shots, two each for the scenarios. Some outside show drastically darkened conditions, which admittedly I like, but it there's no real uniformity. In some the sky is darkened, but bloom on light sources is enhanced and detail can fade when conditions are too dark. On the contrary, interiors actual benefit from a saturation boost as they're brightened versus unmodded lighting conditions.

Because lighting, contrast and saturation differ from external to internal set pieces and with weather conditions and effects, the effect of a graphics modification doesn't uniformly enhance the game's look, it just uniformly apply the changes. There are dynamic mods and graphic sets that alter based on changes in lighting, but again, they apply for all objects within the field of view, just changing to prevent bloom from becoming too overwhelming.

Detail in these two pictures differs depending on whether graphics mods are applied. In the first there's more detail on the body of the angler, but it's quality isn't great.
20190808212850_1.jpg

In this piece the scene near the angler's lure is enhanced, as is its face, but the effect of increased saturation makes the periphery of the image faded and less visible. Where as in the first image we could see the angler's body, but the quality of the unmodded image isn't good, the second picture is too dark from the boosted saturation, and the effect light has on hiding objects near or behind the light's source (acting on the angler's body) - ask me about that in relation to sniper tactics for a good lesson in marksman theory:) - to make out sufficient detail on the angler.
20190808212851_1.jpg

Unmodded the sky in this scene is a pretty red and purple palate and the surrounding buildings are visible, if not partially obscured from foreground objects and the fog.
20190808212931_1.jpg

Notice how much darker the scene is? Saturation is boosted across the entire piece, not just the sky or buildings. The result is difficultly viewing distant objects. Bloom enhances the glow from the fog condensers (blue glowing things), but the lamp on the left sees its bloom enhanced to the point of it being a hindrance on visibility.
20190808212922_1.jpg

But here's the kicker. This first shot is an internal scene in an unmodded game. It's dark and visibility and detail are poor, too poor to really make out what the scene shows exactly.
20190808213322_1.jpg

But a saturation boost actually improves lighting within internal set pieces, while also enhancing the look of the piece. The reason is because saturation, like contrast, effects lighting. Where as contrast increases bloom and light, saturation increases color depth, which in turn improves the "pop" of a scene or object, even in the absence or limiting of lighting changes.
20190808213319_1.jpg

Rounding out, a few screenshots of my character.
20190808212626_1.jpg

20190808213416_1.jpg

Unlike a fair number of people, I do try to model my video game characters after myself.

Hope you've enjoyed this bit of photo/graphics modding theory:). I've a lot of experience as a photographer, civilian and military, and also as a software engineer. Combining the two into graphics modding just seemed like a natural extension for me.

Last edited:
What this be?

View attachment 8992

What I don't get is...who's supposed to have named all the contract monsters? Couldn't be the people that put up the contracts, half the time they don't know what it is themselves, monsters sure as hell didn't talk and tell Geralt their given names.

View attachment 8993

"Jibber somethis interessting?"

View attachment 8994

View attachment 8995
You guys remember taking screenshots while playing game?

I get so much involved in gameplay and storyline that i never remember it.

Muh GOG library. Currently playing KOTOR 1 with the Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomon's Revenge mod. Will probably move on to KOTOR 2 after.

Capture.JPG

I don't necessarily remember to take screenshots, rather I tend to set the conditions for one, then take a picture. I do a lot of photography work, it meshes well with taking screenshots while in-game, only there's less control over variables in games then in real life.

Last edited:

I get so much involved in gameplay and storyline that i never remember it.
NVidia Shadowplay and other software packages record as you play.

I picked up a new laptop and desktop earlier this month. I have the laptop, but the desktop is all custom parts and is still being built. I post its specs when it arrives, but here's what's under the hood of my laptop (screen snip of NZXT's CAM performance monitor).

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I'll take a few pictures, but the laptop looks like this:

impact-1-desktop-hero-a.png

No major mods or anything, largely stock, but nice and very powerful. I don't use it for gaming though, not much anyway. Largely for nostalgic trips down GOG's extensive library of older games like Deus Ex, Thief, Hitman, Fallout and The Dark Forces. Classics. Here's my current library.

Capture4.PNG

It's a laptop and even though it can run any modern game on high or ultra, it gets far too hot for my liking, upwards of 80c which is dangerous. Ideally I like my gaming system to be hovering between 60 and 70. Not that the laptop can't handle those temperatures, again, it was built for gaming and haves tight tolerances which allow it to perform at high temps or long periods without issue or long-term damage, I just don't like to let my systems run hot.

Last edited:
I like my phone (Galaxy S9), but it has bad picture quality:(.

20191230_162715.jpg

20191230_162541.jpg

20191230_162522.jpg

20191230_162437.jpg

Cost breakdown of what's visible:

Digital Storm Nova Laptop $1700.
Roccat Vulcan keyboard $200.
Roccat Kone Pure mouse $70.
AW2518H monitor $320.
Custom desktop $2500 - 3000. Don't remember exactly how much, I put it together two years ago.
GOG and Steam library? Too damn much:ROFLMAO:.

No desk or chair. Floor's more comfortable:p. New desktop? $5000. I'll post pics when it arrives.

@Moondweller

Finished up W3 and all its DLCs about a month and a half back. The total number of screenshots has come up to 6,796 (!). My most thorough and satisfying playthrough yet.

Last time I posted screenshots I was about halfway through the Novigrad questline, I'll continue from there:

20190809063332_1.jpg

20190810124634_1.jpg

20190811160145_1.jpg

You're better off gagged, Dandelion...

20190811160718_1.jpg

20190813104112_1.jpg

Now, THAT is a dynamic pose...

20190814163242_1.jpg

20190817100529_1.jpg

Managed to get some really good snaps in Skellige, will post soon. Have to scour through thousands to find the really good ones!

Reactions: Moondweller
My new desktop is almost here! While I'll definitely take a picture of it when I get it, if only to gloat:p, here's the specs:

case... this.

maxresdefault.jpg

CPU: I9-9900k 5.0 GHz 8-core, 16-thread.

MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

maxresdefault.jpg

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4X8)

PSU: 1200W Cosair HX1200i.

Storage: 1 2TB HHD, 1 1Tb SSD, 1 PCI-E Intel Optane 905P 960GB.

ca0f-180501-224945-1200x640.jpg

Will RAID in the future after adding extra HHDs.

GPU: 2 SLI 2080 TI:love:!! EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper Gaming.

lDbvwVp.jpg

Might get a third one:whistle:.

Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster AE-9.

Cooling: 9 case fans - 6 Corsair HD 120mm, 3 Corsair HD 140mm. While not magnetically levitated, the older Corsair HD has a higher fan speed and static pressure, it's just a tad louder.

maxresdefault.jpg

H20 HydroLux Pro for 2 GPU and 1 CPU.

maxresdefaul.jpg

I also plan on getting an additional monitor, a double of my current AW2518H. Not sure why, but meh, I don't always need a reason for doing thing:giggle:.

DyMvfy2VsAEx5AC.jpg

Come at me future:devilish:!!!

View attachment 13067

Managed to get some really good snaps in Skellige, will post soon. Have to scour through thousands to find the really good ones!

Lovely as always:love:. The atmosphere in the last pic, embers against the Novigrad night sky is just gorgeous.

But what's that white mop on Geralt's head:unsure:?

I've always liked the grandmaster feline armor just so I don't need to worry about my Geralt's hair looks.

7fb19a0f1e8dae6c94ea827da0960207.jpg

It's also got a fun glitch and removes the hood when you wear the Professor's Spectacles, which in my option is completely BA!!

wbyzhP7.jpg

Definitely get some good shots in Skellige. Ice trolls need attention too:giggle:.

Last edited:
What simulation software do you use?

One I built from the ground up. We used in-house software based. Sometimes we based it on the framework of commercial software, other times we built it as we needed. It's all proprietary though, so saying anything more would be a no-no.

In your simulations is there anything about India?

It's not that kind of software. This isn't an ARMA 3 type of simulation.

E4t1qFp.jpg

What I used was designed to test AI's in artificial environments, to get a good baseline grasp on how the control code should work when field tested for real. It looked a lot more like this:

Java_Code.png

^That's Java. Java gives me a rash:sick:,

We'd set virtual fences (depth limits, vector, environment, kinematics), parameters, and other real world metrics in our codes and run tests with the software we made. Using the set parameters, we could run entire missions and change the stipulations anytime. Cool, but not glamorous. Any bugs or mistakes would pop up, generally speaking, during virtual testing so we could more easily iron them out before making a prototype. Didn't always work out that way, but that's the gist of what I was doing.

I still code, but no longer work for a defence company.

Last edited: