Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

Yesterday 1 pt came for abdominal pain..
His complaint was not reliable.
He was coughing and had fever.
Scan findings nothing in abdomen.

Today I think I am developing sore throat..

Kinda scary...

Today another pt came for USG abdomen, pt was breathless, no finding s in abdomen..

Italy is being absolutely shat on by this virus. Nearly 700 dead, 8,000+ cases, whole country on lockdown.

Italy is being absolutely shat on by this virus. Nearly 700 dead, 8,000+ cases, whole country on lockdown.

I will be surprised if it do not spread to entire EU. With open border, its not going to be easy to contain virus. manwhile Austria and Slovenia shut its border with Italy, a move which was criticized by French presidend Macron.

Meanwhile the Health Secretary of UK is down with the Corona Virus. To think he'd have to rely on the decrepit NHS to cure him.

I will be surprised if it do not spread to entire EU. With open border, its not going to be easy to contain virus. manwhile Austria and Slovenia shut its border with Italy, a move which was criticized by French presidend Macron.
Well Macron is a complete idiot, this much we know already.
Good that govt is procuring protective cover and mask. Will this CAPF facilities get life saving equipment or are this plain vanilla quarantine facility?
Strategic plan to counter outbreak involves nearly all arms of government
The face masks should only be worn by the people with the virus. When worn by other people it simply increases hand-to-face movements and helps spread the disease.

Well Macron is a complete idiot, this much we know already.

The face masks should only be worn by the people with the virus. When worn by other people it simply increases hand-to-face movements and helps spread the disease.

I am not sure that is true. Apparently most of the virus transmission is through breathing. An N95 mask can considerably decrease the infection chance. ( n95 masks are not readily available in markets and indian goverment banned its exports). The normal 3 layer surgical mask is not very effective, even though it can reduce the chance of infection, but airborn virus can still slip though.

Govt lifts export ban on surgical masks, but excludes N95 equipment).

I am not sure that is true. Apparently most of the virus transmission is through breathing. An N95 mask can considerably decrease the infection chance. ( n95 masks are not readily available in markets and indian goverment banned its exports). The normal 3 layer surgical mask is not very effective, even though it can reduce the chance of infection, but airborn virus can still slip though.

That's not what we're hearing here. Basically with hand-to-face contact you can get it even if you are never in the same room as a carrier, so the probability goes up massively, especially in areas of mass use like public toilets, supermarkets etc.

I believe it's capable of spreading via infected skin or object touch only, not air borne.

No, the virus transmission is from droplets, so sneeze booger and spit. Only the ones infected or dealing with the infected have to wear masks. All others wearing masks are idiots who are just increasing their chances of getting infected by wearing masks that they are not trained to use in the first place.

Ancient Hindus used to say
The World is One Family -- Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam

Corona has made it true :ROFLMAO:
If ever you have read about this shit called Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, you will never call it as Indian ancient philosophy and you will be scared of using it. This phrase is used by only cheats and frauds as per Hitopadesha maitri sarg. Anyone who believes in Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam should never be trusted. Please read about it and you will realise that this phrase came into force only with Gandhi and Nehru just the way wrong interpretation of Ahimsa Parmo Dharma came with them.