Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

No availability of regular mask let alone N95 masks.

Public hoarded masks, Hydroxycholoquine ..
( PPE - Personal protective equipment)
For a scan centre , we need category 2 PPE, but finding PPE1 itself is difficult.

A normal mask that is sold to hospital at about 5 ₹ has become 25 ₹ , even that is unavailable.

All doctors are cribbing about unavailability of PPE and closing down hospitals.
Since they cannot ensure their own safety.

This is going to add more trouble s.

Why hospital cannot be given required PPE at the original rates in sufficient numbers..?

Government must take notice of this.
This is going to be bottle neck very soon.

@Falcon @randomradio @Gautam
@_Anonymous_ @BlackOpsIndia

Attachments

• SAVE_20200324_231839.jpeg
    SAVE_20200324_231839.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Anyone who could research to sterilize N95 mask using household items would do world a big favour.

Correction there: are now the L strain.

I just read further, there could be over 100 strains of the virus by now. 1 month is too short a time for researchers to draw conclusions on how each of them differ structurally. All strains seem to be aggressively virulent. Hope we get one that mutates into a benign form.

I still feel that there is nothing to worry

This lockdown is only for prevention and propagation of the virus

15 Lac 92 Thousand International Arrivals were screened so far , because they could have brought the virus with them

Out of that 20 thousand had symptomatic infection so they.were.tested

Out of 20 K , 500 were positive and 10 died

In Next 2 week all those having the.virus will be identified and isolated

For a scan centre , we need category 2 PPE, but finding PPE1 itself is difficult.

A normal mask that is sold to hospital at about 5 ₹ has become 25 ₹ , even that is unavailable.

All doctors are cribbing about unavailability of PPE and closing down hospitals.

Why hospital cannot be given required PPE at the original rates in sufficient numbers..?

From what I've understood, the govt screwed up when it came to PPE. Didn't order enough from an early date.

As for masks, it could be a supply chain problem. The govt should find ways to directly transfer equipment to hospitals.
I still feel that there is nothing to worry

This lockdown is only for prevention and propagation of the virus

15 Lac 92 Thousand International Arrivals were screened so far , because they could have brought the virus with them

Out of that 20 thousand had symptomatic infection so they.were.tested

Out of 20 K , 500 were positive and 10 died

In Next 2 week all those having the.virus will be identified and isolated

This lockdown has been done because NRIs decided to skip quarantine and have spread the virus everywhere, like that idiot Kanika Kapoor. So I think community transmission started a week ago, so they decided to lockdown the country.

Even 1 person can spread it to thousands in a matter of days.

From what I've understood, the govt screwed up when it came to PPE. Didn't order enough from an early date.

As for masks, it could be a supply chain problem. The govt should find ways to directly transfer equipment to hospitals.

The Testing Backlog is not much

Yesterday I saw a TV interview of Thyrocare chief

He said 3000 are waiting for tests

We are testing at 2 Thousand per day
It can be scaled up , now Private sector
Will start testing

The Testing Backlog is not much

Yesterday I saw a TV interview of Thyrocare chief

He said 3000 are waiting for tests

We are testing at 2 Thousand per day
It can be scaled up , now Private sector
Will start testing

AFAIK, ICMR itself has the facilities to test 10000 per day and is being expanded.

As for private sector, the testing is very expensive and most people may not opt for it in case they are already showing symptoms. They can get the same done at a govt facility with zero cost. So I don't think the private sector facilities are as important in the short and medium run. In the long run, if the govt says everybody should get tested quickly, then they may become important.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78

This lockdown has been done because NRIs decided to skip quarantine and have spread the virus everywhere, like that idiot Kanika Kapoor. So I think community transmission started a week ago, so they decided to lockdown the country.

Even 1 person can spread it to thousands in a matter of days.

This is As CLEAR AS IT GETS

Now the government can say that additional casualties happened because
People did not listen

In rural.areas there is No police station for several KMs , how can you enforce it
Secondly what about work in fields and farms , Harvest.season is about to start

Coronavirus Update (Live): 413,896 Cases and 18,540 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

This website shows the latest figures
But one detail is worrying

It shows." Critical condition " as 4 percent of all active cases

BUT amongst cases which have been Closed the casualty figure is rising

It was 12 percent a week before and 15 percent now

That means 85 percent cured and 15 percent dead

So this means that people who are
Presently classified as in mild condition suddenly deteriorate and die

Thay 15,000 crore budget is specially for medical supplies i think not for any economic activity for public. Given their previous track record and sensitivity I dont think these things will be problems for doctors in coming days.

How csn anyone be home for 21 days? What about supplies? Essentials?
It’s already 2.5 weeks for us. I went out twice to get groceries like milk, vegetables and egg. We are expecting to be locked down at least for next 5 weeks. Some of my friends have big freezers and don’t plan to go out for next 3 weeks.

It seems UK was following the same pattern before they decided to get into lockdown mode. Can you confirm? @BMD
Yeah, I don't know whether they're taking advice from medical experts or making it up as they go along. The problem is that people die while herd immunity is established. What they haven't done is rationing for supermarkets. At the moment people are having to make several trips there per week instead of just one, and they have to go at busy times to have the best chance of getting food, so the quarantine is *censored*ing pointless until they fix that.