Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

But unfortunately for Churchill ALONE the UK economy was flattened by the Second world war and Churchill Himself lost the election

PS : I know Churchill hated India and Indians and was against India' s independence. But for UK , he was a great leader

Isn't that the case here too...for INDIA modi is the greatest leader. Forget the rest of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan
You elect leaders to lead you through challenges. Not to run away.

Churchill didn't abandon London during WW2. He led it through dark days to victory.
That’s what this dialogue is saying.
Let him un-mess the mess he (his government) has created.

People tend to forgive mistakes but not incompetence. If he can’t deal with a pandemic, he has no right to be PM of India. Let others prove their worth.
BTW I also agree SC decision forcing Central Govt to manage Delhi health situation at ground level as present Delhi Govt is dysfunctional at best and criminally incompetent and corrupt at worst.
Now it’s job of Federal Govt to take over and save lives instead of doing politicals with local thugs of Delhi.
People of Delhi too have voted to Modi in 2019 and let us not make them regret their decision.

• Agree
Reactions: RISING SUN
That’s what this dialogue is saying.
Let him un-mess the mess he (his government) has created.

People tend to forgive mistakes but not incompetence. If he can’t deal with a pandemic, he has no right to be PM of India. Let others prove their worth.
BTW I also agree SC decision forcing Central Govt to manage Delhi health situation at ground level as present Delhi Govt is dysfunctional at best and criminally incompetent and corrupt at worst.
Now it’s job of Federal Govt to take over and save lives instead of doing politicals with local thugs of Delhi.
People of Delhi too have voted to Modi in 2019 and let us not make them regret their decision.

you can't mess up an 'unprecedented' situation. This is not his fault. Any system is designed to handle only so much.

you can't mess up an 'unprecedented' situation. This is not his fault. Any system is designed to handle only so much.
Disagree. He’s PM. He’s mandated by people to protect their lives in catastrophes including pandemic or war.
Failing to do so is dereliction of Duty and should be punishable just like Doctors are punished.

• Agree
Reactions: RISING SUN
Disagree. He’s PM. He’s mandated by people to protect their lives in catastrophes including pandemic or war.
Failing to do so is dereliction of Duty and should be punishable just like Doctors are punished.

I have a detailed picture of why Modi did what he did. I will open a new thread.

The situation was not as unprecedented. Our second wave came actually later. We had the advantage of experiences of UK, USA, Brazil etc.

The situation was not as unprecedented. Our second wave came actually later. We had the advantage of experiences of UK, USA, Brazil etc.

No one has andled 350,000 cases a day. And there are extremely important reasons why W Bengal campaigning and Kumbh had to continue.

• Haha
No one has andled 350,000 cases a day. And there are extremely important reasons why W Bengal campaigning and Kumbh had to continue.
There can be no reason to let thousands die daily.
What benefit Kumbh bring?
Or elections at this point of time?

As far as no one has handled 350,000 cases a day, well there was no reason why we did not foresee that condition can get this bad. The priority from Jan should have been to vaccinate and increase the vaccine production.

Even right now, vaccine production is languishing due to supplies and due to confirmed orders. Right now, only 260 million doses total have been ordered from SII.

There can be no reason to let thousands die daily.
What benefit Kumbh bring?
Or elections at this point of time?

As far as no one has handled 350,000 cases a day, well there was no reason why we did not foresee that condition can get this bad. The priority from Jan should have been to vaccinate and increase the vaccine production.

Even right now, vaccine production is languishing due to supplies and due to confirmed orders. Right now, only 260 million doses total have been ordered from SII.

You don't understand some key points. He tried to save democracy by campaigning hard in W Bengal and so saved 1000s of lives.

• Haha
The reason why this disease is dangerous is NOT that it kills a lot. It is because it makes so many people so sick that it can crush the health care system like it is doing right now. The fight right now is to keep the health care infra intact, which has collapsed. When that happens, LOTS of people die. People who won't die otherwise. There is a reason why we have overflowing funeral grounds. Its because we do not have means to treat those who are getting badly sick FOR ANY reason. This disease is making a lot of otherwise less problematic diseases lethal.

An emergency doesn't solve this issue. It's not like we can announce an emergency and then educate and train millions of new healthcare professionals in a matter of weeks.

Another problem with this disease is it's not long lasting. Now people are already talking about it peaking within the week. So there's no point in creating new infrastructure, something we learnt from last year.

The major issue we faced was oxygen supply. This was something they should have planned better. But everything else was dependent on creating infrastructure that would take a decade or more and money that we do not have. First world countries like the US did far worse when it came to deaths on a per capita basis even with all that infrrastructure.

What emergency would have done is put people on the streets in the name of protests. What then, you're gonna arrest thousands of people and put them in small cells so the infection gets worse?

Emergency is not the answer. And the disease is far too insignificant to put a stop to elections.

An emergency doesn't solve this issue. It's not like we can announce an emergency and then educate and train millions of new healthcare professionals in a matter of weeks.

Another problem with this disease is it's not long lasting. Now people are already talking about it peaking within the week. So there's no point in creating new infrastructure, something we learnt from last year.

The major issue we faced was oxygen supply. This was something they should have planned better. But everything else was dependent on creating infrastructure that would take a decade or more and money that we do not have. First world countries like the US did far worse when it came to deaths on a per capita basis even with all that infrrastructure.

What emergency would have done is put people on the streets in the name of protests. What then, you're gonna arrest thousands of people and put them in small cells so the infection gets worse?

Emergency is not the answer. And the disease is far too insignificant to put a stop to elections.
which is why Modi campaigned so hard in West Bengal. If he won, it was a democratic mandate with enough support to take emergency steps without declaring one.

But now he will be forced to declare president's rule in WB and then declare national emergency to run the country as a peoples dictatorship for 5 years so that we can contain the pandemic.

Sir this Vaccine shortage is the Real Storm coming for the Next 2 months
vaccine shortage will remain up to July, shortage doesn't mean there are no vaccine... 60-70 million are being produce a month , that's 2 million jabs a day.
capacity will reach 100 million by July. but i think covid cases will start falling by than. lockdown will insure that.
My brother got vaccinated today. He got his first jab. I don't need any jab for next 3 months as i already have some immunity against this virus, so does million of others like me who have recover.
in my opinion govt still need to prioritize vaccinating old people above age of 45 with there second dose. notwithstanding the propganda being done....most people who are dying are of old age and have some underlying disease.

That's a wrong way to look at it. You should look at what's actually verifiable and that's only the serious patients that are around in total, since hospitals actually know what's happening and that number comes straight from hospitals.

US, Brazil and India have around the same number of patients.

If had it been implemented early on, it would have been used to delay elections for one year at minimum. We would have avoided this massive 2nd wave. Remember lock down last year? While it created a mess of migrant workers, it delayed and prevented the current massive wave which crushed the hospitals everywhere. It was a blunt tool but it did help.

We heard such predictions last year too. The wave abated in october and finally brought under control in Dev/Jan. The wave has a steep rise but slow fall. And lets not forget that we don't know how high this will go. Our positivity is in teens or twenties. It means massive undetected community spread. I don't feel comfortable with any prediction of its subsiding till it actually starts to happen.

I feel like broken record but there were multiple issues :
1. Needless elections, rallies.

2. Needless Kumbh and other religious celebrations.

3. Oxygen issue was known since many years but it was never addressed. Heck they could have floated tenders in April/May last year but they sat on it.

4. The stupid belief that no further investment in vaccines was necessary. Remember that Indu guy's statement. He is CEO of Ayushman Bharat. Right now, Centre has only ordered 260 million doses of vaccines. Centre waited till AZ got approval before ordering. Thats hilarious, except it is so messed up! Elsewhere governments paid money to companies to expand capacity. In EU, in USA everywhere. In india, government didn't even try.

5. Yes right! the first world countries did worse. Lets not forget that we don't have capabilities to collect data as good as first world countries. Lets not forget we actually had a much younger population. Compare ourself to a comparable country like Vietnam or even Bangladesh for that matter.

No, it would have allowed government to capture and remove any leaders inciting protests. Imagine Tiakait etc captured and removed even before all of this Kisaan bullshit happened. Imagine a complete shutdown of all arrivals from UK etc. Imagine no Kumbh, no farmer protest, no west bengal election for time being. Let me remind you, the variant currently doing rounds in Delhi etc is actually UK variant.

If they get disease in the jail, thankfully they would not be able to spread it.
This disease has caused an economic recession in India for first time in decades. Thats no insignificant disases. The attitude that this disease is insignifiacnt has brought us here when health infra has failed under it.

I have a question : Why are elections so important? I have heard this line so many times but I have not seen one single reason from you, why are elections so important right now?

vaccine shortage will remain up to July, shortage doesn't mean there are no vaccine... 60-70 million are being produce a month , that's 2 million jabs a day.
capacity will reach 100 million by July.

That's only for Covishield. Covaxin is also expected to achieve those numbers, with 50-60 million happening from this month. Sputnik is also expected to come in at 70 million every month from July, apparently.

All other vaccines are not expected until September and October due to trials. But by the end of June, our population above 45 should be fully vaccinated.
If had it been implemented early on, it would have been used to delay elections for one year at minimum. We would have avoided this massive 2nd wave. Remember lock down last year? While it created a mess of migrant workers, it delayed and prevented the current massive wave which crushed the hospitals everywhere. It was a blunt tool but it did help.

We heard such predictions last year too. The wave abated in october and finally brought under control in Dev/Jan. The wave has a steep rise but slow fall. And lets not forget that we don't know how high this will go. Our positivity is in teens or twenties. It means massive undetected community spread. I don't feel comfortable with any prediction of its subsiding till it actually starts to happen.

I feel like broken record but there were multiple issues :
1. Needless elections, rallies.

2. Needless Kumbh and other religious celebrations.

3. Oxygen issue was known since many years but it was never addressed. Heck they could have floated tenders in April/May last year but they sat on it.

4. The stupid belief that no further investment in vaccines was necessary. Remember that Indu guy's statement. He is CEO of Ayushman Bharat. Right now, Centre has only ordered 260 million doses of vaccines. Centre waited till AZ got approval before ordering. Thats hilarious, except it is so messed up! Elsewhere governments paid money to companies to expand capacity. In EU, in USA everywhere. In india, government didn't even try.

5. Yes right! the first world countries did worse. Lets not forget that we don't have capabilities to collect data as good as first world countries. Lets not forget we actually had a much younger population. Compare ourself to a comparable country like Vietnam or even Bangladesh for that matter.

No, it would have allowed government to capture and remove any leaders inciting protests. Imagine Tiakait etc captured and removed even before all of this Kisaan bullshit happened. Imagine a complete shutdown of all arrivals from UK etc. Imagine no Kumbh, no farmer protest, no west bengal election for time being. Let me remind you, the variant currently doing rounds in Delhi etc is actually UK variant.

If they get disease in the jail, thankfully they would not be able to spread it.

This disease has caused an economic recession in India for first time in decades. Thats no insignificant disases. The attitude that this disease is insignifiacnt has brought us here when health infra has failed under it.

I have a question : Why are elections so important? I have heard this line so many times but I have not seen one single reason from you, why are elections so important right now?

I don't think you understand the implications of what you are stating. You simply don't understand what emergency is.

Covaxin is also expected to achieve those numbers, with 50-60 million happening from this month.
No. This month (May) it is 30 million doses. Next month (June) they plan 70 million doses.
Sputnik is also expected to come in at 70 million every month from July, apparently.
5 million in june. After that I dont know how many. Two units are supposed to start production in July.

I don't think you understand the implications of what you are stating. You simply don't understand what emergency is.
Emergency means suspending fundamental rights. Right to assemble peacefully, right to constitutional remedies, right to organize political rallies. I know what it is and that what is/was needed right now. Desperate times need desperate measure.

Emergency means suspending fundamental rights. Right to assemble peacefully, right to constitutional remedies, right to organize political rallies. I know what it is and that what is/was needed right now. Desperate times need desperate measure.

Why don't you google and check what happened the last time it was imposed.

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN

EMERGENCY IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE CONSTITUTION. THEY DIDN'T PUT IT THERE AS SHOWPIECE BUT USE IT WHEN NEEDED.

JUST DECLARE EMERGENCY IN WEST BENGAL AND GET IT DONE ALREADY.