Blast from the past : EW over Kashmir in Feb 2019

Its not a SDR, its a LRU for datalink.
You need different LRU for UHF band datalink (SATCOM) and L-band datalink. Frequency hopping in a band is done by SDR, not datalink (albeit you are designing a single LRU).
SDR is a system design / architecture for building these LRUs. SDRs can operate in a wide variety of bands.

I was pointing out that their ie DRDO spec already leaves a vulnerability by not applying Spread Spectrum modulation to downlink path. It can be used for jamming.
Looks like NRI bhai dont even know what SDR means but made a thread to whine.
Oh? Like you do. Lets hear it, what is SDR?

SDR is a system design / architecture for building these LRUs. SDRs can operate in a wide variety of bands.

I was pointing out that their ie DRDO spec already leaves a vulnerability by not applying Spread Spectrum modulation to downlink path. It can be used for jamming.

Oh? Like you do. Lets hear it, what is SDR?
1711442378273.png

At this point you are just trying to shoot blind. And no its not an architecture, its different LRUs.

For F-16 :
Datalink and Link-16 :https://www.collinsaerospace.com/wh...ltifunctional-information-distribution-system

SDR: 1000th software-defined airborne radio delivered for F-16

And this point you are just trying to shoot blind. And no its not an architecture, its different LRUs.

This is why I hate kids who think they know but they don't. Its NOT an LRU. It is an architecture for radio that is flexible enough to be reconfigured for different modulations, bands etc. Get your fundamentals correct first.

1711442915496.png

SDR not only applies to military radios but in general to a number of radio systems. An LRU can be designed around a SDR architecture.

• Haha
Reactions: Arpit