Jammu & Kashmir live updates: GOI remove all provisions of Article 370

Army chief General Bipin Rawat: If the adversary wants to activate the LoC, that's his choice. Everybody does precautionary deployment, we should not get too concerned about it. As far as the Army and other services are concerned, we have to be always prepared.

Locked up in the sense, in midst of curfew. After Aug 15 should start engaging with stakeholders. I know a section of Sunnis are the ones creating issues. I am just worried about the long term game plan. What happens if the Abdulla's and Mufti's refuse to be part of elections? How do we win their followers? Those are the questions still ringing in my brain.
lets see how the scenario plays out,

1) Elections are boycotted .
BJP exactly wants this scenario, it help them to win seats in valley & other places where there will be no turnout. It would be a nightmare for the separatists or even for abdullahs/muftis to have BJP running the show. They will simply get marginalized if they are out of picture and might even fade into political oblivion.

2) Separatists participate in elections.
Separatists will put up proxy candidates in elections. Why would they? simply bcos they dont want BJP anywhere in the valley. If they win they will create bedlam in the assembly if they lose they will create disruption on the street. Given that police now comes under governor, they would better be on the right side of the law and there is no better protection than being an elected politician.

Just write off the valley for the next 2-3 years, focus of development will only be on jammu & ladakh. I dont think any one in the govt has any grand illusions that it will be milk & honey all the way in the valley.

Separatists will put up proxy candidates in elections. Why would they? simply bcos they dont want BJP anywhere in the valley. If they win they will create bedlam in the assembly if they lose they will create disruption on the street. Given that police now comes under governor, they would better be on the right side of the law and there is no better protection than being an elected politician.

That's even better. The Muslim vote will get more divided then.

Just write off the valley for the next 2-3 years, focus of development will only be on jammu & ladakh. I dont think any one in the govt has any grand illusions that it will be milk & honey all the way in the valley.

Metro projects were announced for both Srinagar and Jammu. I'm sure a lot of Indian companies will invest even in Kashmir, not just Jammu and Ladakh.

Last edited:
If you think that is not a real possibility you really need to visit a psychiatrist. What are you, on weed? OBVIOUSLY a vEry large constituency in the valley is waiting to do just that. How it is managed will be a crucial part of the process.
yes there will be a section of ppl who want or already have chosen the path of violence. This is a war of attrition and we need to get ready for a long haul. Terrorism in punjab was not squashed in a day or two, it took nearly a decade and more. Did you ever think about the reason why J&K is now a UT?

correction .. Jupiter turned forward motion on 11th Aug from retrograde, it is still in Scorpio sign, Jyeshtha nakshatra. It will move into Sagittarius on 5th November.
Jupiter has now started the final journey out of scorpio. jupiter moves 2.5* in one month and we now have approx 2.5 mon ths for it to move to saggi. Its drishti has now changed by becoming direct and a planet in last 5* within a sign starts to give the effect of the next house.
While what you stated is actually correct but in chalit jyotish, what I stated is correct.

Attached is the notification stating changes in article 367, please let me know where does it says 'it's mandatory to confer with state legislature to revoke 370'? What it did was that it remove hurdle of Constituent assembly which ceased to exists decades ago.

There was no need, present condition were sufficient to proceed legally and constitutionally. Parliament can legislate on state subjects during President's rule, like they did in Delhi when Kejriwal resigned to become PM and Delhi had President's rule.

Thank you for the response. If one were to assume, hypothetically speaking, this was the government response to the queries I raised, then it can be safely concluded that the queries were valid and not extra - Constitutional.

Like I said ruling regime and its supporters will come out with various twisted logic, like parliament can legislate on behalf of a state with a legislature (not a UT with legislature) or conferring with a governor of the state was tantamount to confering with the 'state legislature and govt of the state, but those are finer points of some constitutional grey areas. I'm glad you, I'm assuming, concur these are valid constitutional issues and require proper and institutionalized sorting out.

lets see how the scenario plays out,

1) Elections are boycotted .
BJP exactly wants this scenario, it help them to win seats in valley & other places where there will be no turnout. It would be a nightmare for the separatists or even for abdullahs/muftis to have BJP running the show. They will simply get marginalized if they are out of picture and might even fade into political oblivion.

The problem is in the valley and ignoring the valley will only result in further alienation of the people in the valley from the mainstream and further marginalize our influence in the valley. Right by detaining the mainstream leadership we have created a political vaccum, the separatist front will only be too happy to fill. While the lock down is understandable to maintain law and order, continued detention of mainstream political leaders is inexplicable. We are currently left with no interlocutor in the valleys political space who can speak on our behalf. There is no need to swell the ranks of forces inimical to India, any more than what it already is and that too from our own camp.

The problem is in the valley and ignoring the valley will only result in further alienation of the people in the valley from the mainstream and further marginalize our influence in the valley. Right by detaining the mainstream leadership we have created a political vaccum, the separatist front will only be too happy to fill. While the lock down is understandable to maintain law and order, continued detention of mainstream political leaders is inexplicable. We are currently left with no interlocutor in the valleys political space who can speak on our behalf. There is no need to swell the ranks of forces inimical to India, any more than what it already is and that too from our own camp.

The problem of 70 years will take time to resolve

We dont need Formal political groups to advance our Pro Development goals

It can be done through Panchayats and Urban self Government bodies

Then the Next stage of MLAs will come later

Even in assembly elections we can have all independent candidates

It is Time to create a New Mainstream

But the example of Singapore which was just a fishing village and got independence 20 years after India tells are different story about the old generation.

Perhaps it proves that Singapore's premilenials were more hardworking than India's pre-milenials and less enamored with things like democracy, elected govt and free speech and all that.

Jupiter has now started the final journey out of scorpio. jupiter moves 2.5* in one month and we now have approx 2.5 mon ths for it to move to saggi. Its drishti has now changed by becoming direct and a planet in last 5* within a sign starts to give the effect of the next house.
While what you stated is actually correct but in chalit jyotish, what I stated is correct.

US president elections next year are very important for us

Pakistan remains relevant only till US election because Afghanistan withdrawal is an election issue

Once Trump comes back , he might even Throw out Afghan agreement
Like He threw out Iran agreement and send more troops back to Afghanistan

If Trump wins , he will Kick the Pakistanis hard , right now he is just being nice

• Agree
Reactions: screambowl
The problem of 70 years will take time to resolve

We dont need Formal political groups to advance our Pro Development goals

It can be done through Panchayats and Urban self Government bodies

Then the Next stage of MLAs will come later

Even in assembly elections we can have all independent candidates

It is Time to create a New Mainstream

Those are all wishful thinking. What is going to prevent NC and PDP from contesting the polls under their political banner..

For KMs , PDP and NC were the Mai - Baap sarkar who doled out the goodies and necessities of life

Why do you think Shah Faesal became a Politician , because of the huge power and money they commanded

Now the LT GOVERNOR is the New King of Kashmir

Their past misdeeds and Huge Accumulated ill gotten wealth

NC and PDP are not the only political parties in India that indulged in corruption or committed political chicanery, but they all continue to thrive and receive popular support. The point is nothing in law prevents these two parties from contesting the polls if they wish to.

NC and PDP are not the only political parties in India that indulged in corruption or committed political chicanery, but they all continue to thrive and receive popular support. The point is nothing in law prevents these two parties from contesting the polls if they wish to.

The PDP and NC will be the first target of hardliners

US president elections next year are very important for us

Pakistan remains relevant only till US election because Afghanistan withdrawal is an election issue

Once Trump comes back , he might even Throw out Afghan agreement
Like He threw out Iran agreement and send more troops back to Afghanistan

If Trump wins , he will Kick the Pakistanis hard , right now he is just being nice
Nope... Afghan agreement is thrown out or not.. Pakistan will always be relevant to US, since it is the only country through which US can excercise some influence in Central Asia... Also there are decades long institutional ties between US and Pakistan... Whatever impression the India friendly US analysts might give. no US administration will abandon pakistan... and it's heartening to see that Modi administration has absorbed this fact.. and has built back bridges with Russia... and also revitalised ties with France..

You are correct. Political leaders from NC & PDP need to be released immediately. I think the government is waiting for August 15 to pass, to avoid the possibility of political leaders using August 15th moment to make statements against state,which will have more symbolism and hence psychological effect. I found this government's timing of this decision really bad. They could have made this decision in August 17th or something. By making this decision on August 5, we ended up in a situation where you have to make huge restrictions in Eid and Independence day.

Releasing NC & PDP leaders detained should happen fast and hopefully they will fill up the leadership of pro 370 sentiment in the valley.