LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

What did he say?

He was saying about FOC and BVR capability not ready yet ,

Basically that it is far away from
what the PDF fanboys say

And the quality of Chinese avionics being not very good ,it is just what they can afford

He was called a false flagger though he offered them his Karachi address to meet in
Person , only Mastankhan supported him

He said that he is from the Ground staff and maintenance wing

I had thought that I would take screen shots later
But they deleted everything very soon

Thats not the case.
We believed once FOC is achieved on Jan 4 2019, from BR member Dilleep
That means every thing right.
HAL has got everything in its hands to ramp up the production . 8+4+8 per year.
Finally a chance retire and replace old aircrafts..

Now all that is post poned.

Initially it was said that they need 10 refueling to meet the successful standard s.

Now seems there are problems.

Moreover Engines for mk1A is not selected yet !

Mk 1 A engines are the same as Mk 1
GE 404

Every body knows it

If they have ordered for Elta 2052 AESA radar and avionics then why not engines? Both things are equally important.

That remains the mystery.
Giving us hope for surprise of Kaveri getting it..
But there is all chances for classic case of delayed ordering delaying everything.

LCA-Tejas Mk1 Clears FOC ( Final Operational Clearance ) – Indian Defence Research Wing

Hurrah! Finalyyyyy...

This calls for a celebration @randomradio

Pls pop the bubbly, click a few pics & upload them here. Of course, if you still are in a joyous mood after this ( which is understandable, given the stellar way you've defended the LCA out here, in Older Forum, PDF, etc against eternal pessimists & sourpusses like your nemesis - Sancho, etc) , I could PM you my address. You can have a bottle couriered there.

P. S - Happy New Year. The year begins on an auspicious note. Even if this bit of news is false or exagerrated. Reminds me of Mehdi Hassans immortal -

@randomradio

Next project will MK1A or Su 30 UPG for IAF ?

Rajat Pandit@rajatpTOI
No, indigenous Tejas light combat aircraft is not getting final operational clearance (FOC) just yet! It’s just that the designs have been frozen to ensure production facilities are not left idle. FOC will come only after all systems are integrated & proven in extensive trials!

How many twist s and turns ..

Next project will MK1A or Su 30 UPG for IAF ?

After FOC, ADA will start work on unmanned LCA to test future technologies. Meanwhile they are working on LIFT designs which will be delivered after 32 mk-1s. Next test is for NLCA to prove its carrier compatibility while HAL is working on mk-1A. Russia is presently upgrading its Su-30s, HAL may use it as base platform for super su-30mki in 2021 or so.

How many twist s and turns ..

I'm going to wait for official announcement till 4th, btw

Last edited: