India - France relations.

>So you will sell the country to a corporate shill instead of believing the forces... Good to know.
WTF does "believing the forces" even mean? Are indian forces monoliths in terms of thinking? Are they above gods? All these deals are political. So many of IAF top leadership come out to be tainted. ACM SP Tyagi comes to mind.
I just told you that actual pilots of IAF rate F-35 higher than Rafales. And is Rafale not made by a corporate company? A company which has made no substantial investment in India despite more than 20billion worth of weapons over decades?

>So your idea of challenging China is to jump from one cock to another. Good to know.
Lol no. My idea is to imitate what China did, which is why they are a superpower now. Also, its funny that you admit that in your opinion we are jumping on french cock right now. I mean if we are to jump on any cock then might as well jump on an actual superpowers' cock rather than a washed out middling european power, which can't even fight its own wars without US support and would ditch india for its trade relations with China any given day.

>So the navy is right for choosing a Desi-Rafale that only exists on paper, but IAF is wrong for choosing actual Rafale that is already flying and even inducted. Good to know.
And the navy is also right for planning for a stealth jet sometime in the far future. But the IAF already running a stealth program is not good enough. Good to know.

Now you are just doing wierd mental gymanstics and putting words in my mouth. IAF was forced to buy Rafale because india-US relations were not good and F-35 was not on offer. Now, there is a good chance that IAF can buy F-35 but IAF is already saddled with Rafales. Now that I come to think of it, MMRCA program is as old as F-35 program itself:LOL:. Navy has no such problem, they can easily go for F-35.

1.navy is right for choosing a Desi-Rafale that only exists on paper: navy's program includes building an indian jet, not importing it.

2.IAF is wrong for choosing actual Rafale that is already flying: yes because if you are gonna import a gold plated aircraft then why not import the best one out there. India-US relations have changed significantly since 2000s. The fact that F-35 is not only better but cheaper in per unit cost and IAF is still buying rafales just looks like atrocious waste of Indian taxpayer money.

3.navy is also right for planning for a stealth jet sometime in the far future: Thats what they should be doing. Good planning. Whatever they are doing, atleast they are buiding domestic aircrafts.

4.But the IAF already running a stealth program is not good enough: WTF are you talking about? When did I say anything about AMCA? Its good that they are building a domestic stealth fighter.

Let me make it clear for you:
Domestic fighter : stealth or non stealth - good - just fckin build it no matter what.
Imported fighter : Only stealth planes should be imported, F-35 being the best of the lot. Will give experience to our pilots/aircraft engineers in making better design choices in domestic fighters.

>Rafale's roadmap caters to future ................................................. F-35 will get its complete B4 capabilities.
Yeah bro I have been hearing these rafale stories from 2015 when I was in college. Rafale will do this .....do that.....defeat F-35...defeat Tie Fighters from star wars.......blah blah blah. I still notice that you use the word "will do" i.e. future tense and it has been the case since a decade ago. If I had been compiling all those stories and seriously reading them I would have made a Rafale in my garage by now:LOL: but alas. The actual people who spend the money in real world have shown that they bet on F-35 over Rafales to defend their countries. The pilots of IAF rate F-35 higher than Rafales. Pilots who have to risk their lives (in contrast to people who argue online) put F-35 over Rafales. I am done with these debates over which is the better plane. If you think Rafale is better, good for you. I can bet 5 years from now India would be negotiating F-35s and all rafale fanboys would slit their wrists in agony.

>French efficiency
:LOL:yes thats what french are famous for. lol.

>So you will sell the country to a corporate shill instead of believing the forces... Good to know.
WTF does "believing the forces" even mean? Are indian forces monoliths in terms of thinking? Are they above gods? All these deals are political. So many of IAF top leadership come out to be tainted. ACM SP Tyagi comes to mind.
I just told you that actual pilots of IAF rate F-35 higher than Rafales. And is Rafale not made by a corporate company? A company which has made no substantial investment in India despite more than 20billion worth of weapons over decades?

>So your idea of challenging China is to jump from one cock to another. Good to know.
Lol no. My idea is to imitate what China did, which is why they are a superpower now. Also, its funny that you admit that in your opinion we are jumping on french cock right now. I mean if we are to jump on any cock then might as well jump on an actual superpowers' cock rather than a washed out middling european power, which can't even fight its own wars without US support and would ditch india for its trade relations with China any given day.

>So the navy is right for choosing a Desi-Rafale that only exists on paper, but IAF is wrong for choosing actual Rafale that is already flying and even inducted. Good to know.
And the navy is also right for planning for a stealth jet sometime in the far future. But the IAF already running a stealth program is not good enough. Good to know.

Now you are just doing wierd mental gymanstics and putting words in my mouth. IAF was forced to buy Rafale because india-US relations were not good and F-35 was not on offer. Now, there is a good chance that IAF can buy F-35 but IAF is already saddled with Rafales. Now that I come to think of it, MMRCA program is as old as F-35 program itself:LOL:. Navy has no such problem, they can easily go for F-35.

1.navy is right for choosing a Desi-Rafale that only exists on paper: navy's program includes building an indian jet, not importing it.

2.IAF is wrong for choosing actual Rafale that is already flying: yes because if you are gonna import a gold plated aircraft then why not import the best one out there. India-US relations have changed significantly since 2000s. The fact that F-35 is not only better but cheaper in per unit cost and IAF is still buying rafales just looks like atrocious waste of Indian taxpayer money.

3.navy is also right for planning for a stealth jet sometime in the far future: Thats what they should be doing. Good planning. Whatever they are doing, atleast they are buiding domestic aircrafts.

4.But the IAF already running a stealth program is not good enough: WTF are you talking about? When did I say anything about AMCA? Its good that they are building a domestic stealth fighter.

Let me make it clear for you:
Domestic fighter : stealth or non stealth - good - just fckin build it no matter what.
Imported fighter : Only stealth planes should be imported, F-35 being the best of the lot. Will give experience to our pilots/aircraft engineers in making better design choices in domestic fighters.

>Rafale's roadmap caters to future ................................................. F-35 will get its complete B4 capabilities.
Yeah bro I have been hearing these rafale stories from 2015 when I was in college. Rafale will do this .....do that.....defeat F-35...defeat Tie Fighters from star wars.......blah blah blah. I still notice that you use the word "will do" i.e. future tense and it has been the case since a decade ago. If I had been compiling all those stories and seriously reading them I would have made a Rafale in my garage by now:LOL: but alas. The actual people who spend the money in real world have shown that they bet on F-35 over Rafales to defend their countries. The pilots of IAF rate F-35 higher than Rafales. Pilots who have to risk their lives (in contrast to people who argue online) put F-35 over Rafales. I am done with these debates over which is the better plane. If you think Rafale is better, good for you. I can bet 5 years from now India would be negotiating F-35s and all rafale fanboys would slit their wrists in agony.

>French efficiency
:LOL:yes thats what french are famous for. lol.

Personal opinions and ratings are irrelevant to an actual professional evaluation, where the air force's biggest experts are involved.

The US doesn't have the low-mid end industry to transfer to India. We have to deepthroat China for that, which you seem to have no problems with. And the US will not transfer high end industry to India.

The rest of your post is just too dumb to even bother replying to.

1. Why did france subjugate the african nations by creating a financial dependency? Why couldn't these nations get access to their own reserves in the aftermath of 2008 financial crisis? They couldn't get new credit either as their reserves were in france's name. WTF? Currency printing controls? Can you imagine that today bw India-Britain. India would nuke britain if that came to happen today.
Nope, this is myth. They can access their reserves.
2. French treasury effectively controls the currency of those 14 nations, enriching french state, while subjugating these african nations and effectively shooting off their knee-caps so they can't grow. France is effectively a blood sucker here. Jacques chirac says that big part of france's wealth comes from these nations and without these france would be a third rate power.
Again, this is myth.

The whole CFA thing is kind of like the euro, with the same advantages and the same drawbacks. The advantages is a stabler currency which allows these countries to borrow on more favorable terms than if they had their own currencies. Because lenders have more faith in the value they're getting back. This is also why countries that left the CFA (any and all of them can leave at any time they want) have rejoined, and why countries that never were French colonies at all have also joined.
6. Why do French MNCs have an exclusive right to reject/accept raw resources extracted from the soil these former colonies? These countries are effectively dependent on these firms to sell commodities on international markets. Sounds like colonial rule to me. And due to this dependency, these nations can't afford to piss off France, effectively becoming their slaves. Disgusting.
Yet more myth. This may have been true in the immediate aftermath of the decolonization but has not been true for a long, long while now.

All this crap about the CFA and supposed French control began circulating in the early 2010s and are likely of Russian origin. To me it's like taking seriously the Protocols of the Elders of the Zion.

Nope, this is myth. They can access their reserves.

Again, this is myth.

The whole CFA thing is kind of like the euro, with the same advantages and the same drawbacks. The advantages is a stabler currency which allows these countries to borrow on more favorable terms than if they had their own currencies. Because lenders have more faith in the value they're getting back. This is also why countries that left the CFA (any and all of them can leave at any time they want) have rejoined, and why countries that never were French colonies at all have also joined.

Yet more myth. This may have been true in the immediate aftermath of the decolonization but has not been true for a long, long while now.

All this crap about the CFA and supposed French control began circulating in the early 2010s and are likely of Russian origin. To me it's like taking seriously the Protocols of the Elders of the Zion.
The more you defend it, the more I dig up. CFA Franc countries only have access to 30% of their reserves as shirvan said in his video. He says that CFA Franc countries are forced to put 50% of their reserves in french treasury + 20% more for financial liabilities. Since you say this is a myth, I searched more. I found this video(made by europeans, not turks or russians):
This video paints an even more alarming picture that countries have access to only 15% of their own reserves and if they need more then they need to borrow with interests. WTF? This is even worse. And this video tries to balance things by giving +ves & -ves. The comments are interesting, some of them are:

>Worth noting that the initial valuation of 1.7 Franc to 1 CFA Franc (later 2:1) caused an overvaluation of the CFA Franc. This meant that the export-based economies of Africa became very uncompetitive relative to other countries in Central America and Southeast Asia and the CFA Franc countries could basically only export with France, who benefited from the frictionless conversion between their two currencies. The overvaluation also made French manufactured goods quite cheap for CFA Franc countries, which provided an economic revitalization for France's wavering industry post-WW2. It's for those two relationship dynamics that are why many people argue that the currency is neo-colonialist; France imposes upon CFA Franc countries monetary policy that perpetuates the economic relationship between colony and colonizer in which the colony exports raw materials exclusively to the colonizer, who uses it to expand markets to the colonies with cheap, manufactured goods.

>I enjoyed this. I felt the part on Guinea would have benefited from adding a bit more context with regard to the repercussions from breaking ties with France. France was directly instrumental in stifling Guinea's development and destroyed all the infrastructure as a signal to other French colonies in Africa, thinking of breaking ties. Perhaps Guinea would have had a better start without such vengeful acts by France

>I am usually a fan of these TLDR videos, but the characterization here of what happened in Guinea is a grossly negligent understatement that I cannot ignore. France did its best to make an example of Guinea by aggressively assaulting that country through covert economic and military tactics that included tearing out infrastructure, flooding the country with fake currency, and arming rebels all in an effort to destabilize Guinea. Operation Persil isn’t even mentioned in this video. Then to say after this that participation in the CFA is voluntary? Why would any other CFA countries try to be economically independent of France after what France did to Guinea? Shameful description. Do better, TLDR. Do better.

>Being a “voluntary” member of the CFA. There are some pretty heavy air quotes with that

>It's important to say that this is not a "meloni" take or a right wing take here in Italy, everyone thinks that France is still a colonizing force in Africa. When you see so many french speaking refugees you start to wonder why they are all leaving and the short answer is that France is and has been supporting governments that don't want to benefit their people. It's a human right's issue plain and simple

>Now would be a good time to call out the coup that happen when African countries try to drop the CFA franc

>If you control the currency you don't care who sits on the throne. France is incentivized to do this because it benefits France as alot of the infrastructure and biggest companies in these countries are French or French suppliers.

Actual academic papers have been written about this topic now.

You have failed to explain any of the point I listed.
I'm neither a historian nor an economist, so I can't research the sources used in the caspianreport video. In fact, did you check and cross-check them yourself before posting. Are you sure you're not just relaying bullshit?*

I'm not responsible for the French AND African policies of the 1950s-.... and IF it's unjustifiable, it's not up to me to justify it.

*because you're talking rubbish:
You keep saying its turkish propaganda [yes i do] but on the other hand keep justifying this atrocious arrangement.
No.
i said:
For my part, as a Frenchman, I'm delighted that the CFA franc is coming to an end, and that Africans will soon have a new currency of their own.
any word you don’t understand, or are you simply lying about me?
Pure whataboutism. I denounced russian atrocities and i equally denounce american ones.
again: no
no whataboutism from me: i just wanted to show your biases or ignorance. And i didn't read you denouncing russian or US atrocities.
which is why I find your "moral indignation" very selective

(@A Person : thx for debunking !)

Reactions: Rajput Lion
Personal opinions and ratings are irrelevant to an actual professional evaluation, where the air force's biggest experts are involved.

The US doesn't have the low-mid end industry to transfer to India. We have to deepthroat China for that, which you seem to have no problems with. And the US will not transfer high end industry to India.

The rest of your post is just too dumb to even bother replying to.
>Personal opinions and ratings are irrelevant to an actual professional evaluation, where the air force's biggest experts are involved.

India never had a comparison bw Rafale & F-35. F-35 has not been offered before to us. And I would rate British, US or even Finnish airforce as more professional than IAF. Are you saying these NATO air forces are not professional enough for you or they don't have experts that can tell them the advantages of prophetic Rafales over F-35?

>The US doesn't have the low-mid end industry to transfer to India. We have to deepthroat China for that, which you seem to have no problems with. And the US will not transfer high end industry to India.
WTF is a low-mid end induatry idk but all I see is american companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Micron, AMD, etc investing heavily in india despite India not having good enough business environment. Which means there is artificial pressure on them from above(white house) to industrialise India. French companies like Airbus on the other hand don't even look towards india while they are planning to increase their investments in the assembly plant they have in China. All this is happenning while Air India + Indigo are buying record amount of planes from these countries. Waste of opportunity. Shameless.

As I said in my previous post, you can see which economic partnership is giving actual benefit to India:
India-US trade: 118 Billion USD ; India trade surplus: 24 Billion USD
India-France trade: 12 Billion Euros ; India trade surplus: 0.8 billion(800 million) Euros:ROFLMAO:

This does not include weapon sales. So, we have enriched French MIC by 30 billion euros in the last 20-30 years and they haven't even set up a simple assembly plant in India.
SO much for an "equal relationship" bw France & India. :LOL:
I'm neither a historian nor an economist, so I can't research the sources used in the caspianreport video. In fact, did you check and cross-check them yourself before posting. Are you sure you're not just relaying bullshit?*

I'm not responsible for the French AND African policies of the 1950s-.... and IF it's unjustifiable, it's not up to me to justify it.

*because you're talking rubbish:

No.
i said:
For my part, as a Frenchman, I'm delighted that the CFA franc is coming to an end, and that Africans will soon have a new currency of their own.
any word you don’t understand, or are you simply lying about me?

again: no
no whataboutism from me: i just wanted to show your biases or ignorance. And i didn't read you denouncing russian or US atrocities.
which is why I find your "moral indignation" very selective

(@A Person : thx for debunking !)
:ROFLMAO:
he didn't debunk shit. Just said myth and moved on. LMFAO. I researched further and found things were even worse.
Again, if nothing was wrong with CFA Franc, why is this arrangement being done away with?

Last edited:
>Personal opinions and ratings are irrelevant to an actual professional evaluation, where the air force's biggest experts are involved.

India never had a comparison bw Rafale & F-35. F-35 has not been offered before to us. And I would rate British, US or even Finnish airforce as more professional than IAF. Are you saying these NATO air forces are not professional enough for you or they don't have experts that can tell them the advantages of prophetic Rafales over F-35?

>The US doesn't have the low-mid end industry to transfer to India. We have to deepthroat China for that, which you seem to have no problems with. And the US will not transfer high end industry to India.
WTF is a low-mid end induatry idk but all I see is american companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Micron, AMD, etc investing heavily in india despite India not having good enough business environment. Which means there is artificial pressure on them from above(white house) to industrialise India. French companies like Airbus on the other hand don't even look towards india while they are planning to increase their investments in the assembly plant they have in China. All this is happenning while Air India + Indigo are buying record amount of planes from these countries. Waste of opportunity. Shameless.

As I said in my previous post, you can see which economic partnership is giving actual benefit to India:
India-US trade: 118 Billion USD ; India trade surplus: 24 Billion USD
India-France trade: 12 Billion Euros ; India trade surplus: 0.8 billion(800 million) Euros:ROFLMAO:

This does not include weapon sales. So, we have enriched French MIC by 30 billion euros in the last 20-30 years and they haven't even set up a simple assembly plant in India.
SO much for an "equal relationship" bw France & India. :LOL:

:ROFLMAO:
he didn't debunk shit. Just said myth and moved on. LMFAO. I researched further and found things were even worse.
Again, if nothing was wrong with CFA Franc, why is this arrangement being done away with?

The F-35 wasn't flight tested by any customer.

All evaluations were conducted by flying next to the F-35 on an F-16 or F/A-18 or via simulators.

You don't know anything about the economy. All the investments being made by the US even with big name corporations are at the low end of the totem pole. Airbus is the one wanting to set up a factory in India, not Boeing. The same with Dassault. The Americans are not foolish enough to prop India up as a future competitor. Even their chip investments are low end. East Asia is the real source of semiconductor tech for India.

We are doing more with French tech today than with American tech.

Here's an example:
"The modules produced in India (by BEL) are then integrated with the RBE2 radar in France. BEL and Thales teams are, thus working closely to transfer advanced technological know-how," the Thales's statement said.

The THALES Raytheon-supplied S-band Master-A Multi-Function Control Radar (MFCR) was developed as part of the Indian ABM program in cooperation with Thales of France. The MFCR is an AESA radar and complements the Swordfish L-band radar Long Range Tracking Radar (LRTR) for intercepting ballistic missiles. The MFCR will also serve as the FCR for the AAD second tier missile system of the ABM program. The MFCRs will also act as the nodes of an Air Defence Ground Environment system.

Clean-sheet engine design for IMRH. 3000shp.

And the Holy Grail:
While the specifics of the deal remain undisclosed, HT report quoted its reliable sources as saying that Safran will offer 100% transfer of technology for the proposed 110-kilogram newton engine and it will not fall under the US International Trade in Arms Regulation (ITAR).

A workshare agreement will be signed between DRDO and Safran and resulting developmental cost will be borned by both entities, and will result in the transferring of 'know-how' as well as 'know-why' of the engine to India.

Transfer of 'know-why' will allow India to develop new engines entirely on their own or upgrade AMCA engines when required, while 'know-how' only transfers the ability to manufacture the technology.

Subsequent development or changes in the GE engine for Tejas Mk-2, on the other hand, will still require approval and more-importantly assistance from the US.

• Love
Reactions: D68 and Rajput Lion
You don't know anything about the economy. All the investments being made by the US even with big name corporations are at the low end of the totem pole. Airbus is the one wanting to set up a factory in India, not Boeing. The same with Dassault. The Americans are not foolish enough to prop India up as a future competitor. Even their chip investments are low end. East Asia is the real source of semiconductor tech for India.

We are doing more with French tech today than with American tech.
Also, let's not forget the solar panel dispute we had with the Americans over % of local content. Solar energy has seen the most significat growth in the last deacde in India and the Americans f**ked us at the WTO in order to cash in on it. A country with ~30x per capita income couldn't let a developing country expand it's renewable source of energy without picking it's pockets.

And this guy want's to sell our soul to this nation. Ignore him.

The F-35 wasn't flight tested by any customer.

All evaluations were conducted by flying next to the F-35 on an F-16 or F/A-18 or via simulators.
Yes all 17 countries that operate F-35s are retarded to put their money on F-35 to defend their countries. Nobody told them about the prophetic Rafales that defeat F-35 in all qualities. These poor countries...... what will they do now?:eek:

Mental gymnastics by Rafale fanboys are always amusing.

>You don't know anything about the economy
At this point I am sure I have put forth more data to prove my points about trade than you have. All you talk are about hypotheticals.

>All the investments being made by the US even with big name corporations are at the low end of the totem pole.
yes, because high end companies will come and start making 5nm chips from day 1. The concept of gradual supply chain climbing does not exist in your reality.

>Airbus is the one wanting to set up a factory in India, not Boeing. The same with Dassault.
wanting to do this...do that.....blah blah blah.......maybe its just that my eyesight is weak, but I can't see the airbus assembly plant in India. Can you point it to me, that would be very helpful.

Boeing and LM on the other hand have JVs with Indian companies and sourcing parts of their aircrafts from India. Apache fuselage is made in Hyderabad for example. In comparison, Dassault has opened their piddly plant which supplies parts of their small business jet. Thats it. LMao

Amazon -

Apple-

India's electronic exports-
1690899946946.png

Where are french companies?

>The Americans are not foolish enough to prop India up as a future competitor. Even their chip investments are low end.
:LOL:Yes, the sentimentalism bug is strong on this website.
US don't want to see india strong which is why India-US trade is $118B with India having $24B trade surplus. France on the other hand want to make India a superpower which is why India-France trade is 12 Billion Euros ; India trade surplus is 0.8 billion(800 million) Euros. US wants to confront China and is offering us opportunities meanwhile France terms decoupling as unrealistic. Such a good partner.:ROFLMAO:
So much anti-americanism is just delusional at this point.
Chips investment are low end? again you want them to build 5nm chips from the get go?:ROFLMAO: But atleast even in your eyes american forms are doing somethings. WTF are french firms doing? Oh wait...........they don't have any significant firms in that field:)

Here's an example:

economictimes.indiatimes.com

BEL delivers modules to Thales for radars on Rafale fighter jets

"The modules produced in India (by BEL) are then integrated with the RBE2 radar in France. BEL and Thales teams are, thus working closely to transfer advanced technological know-how," the Thales's statement said.

Master-A Multi-Function Control Radar (MFCR)

Indian BMD experimentats progressed rapidly after the DRDO convinced the government on its ability to develop BMD technology. DRDO is testing a two-tier BMD (ballistic missile defence) system, capable of tracking and destroying incoming hostile missiles both inside (endo) and outside (exo) the...

www.globalsecurity.org
www.globalsecurity.org

The THALES Raytheon-supplied S-band Master-A Multi-Function Control Radar (MFCR) was developed as part of the Indian ABM program in cooperation with Thales of France. The MFCR is an AESA radar and complements the Swordfish L-band radar Long Range Tracking Radar (LRTR) for intercepting ballistic missiles. The MFCR will also serve as the FCR for the AAD second tier missile system of the ABM program. The MFCRs will also act as the nodes of an Air Defence Ground Environment system.

HAL Indian Multirole Helicopter (IMRH) : Updates & Discussions

1 ton payload capability at 4.5 km altitude is good.

www.strategicfront.org
www.strategicfront.org

Clean-sheet engine design for IMRH. 3000shp.

And the Holy Grail:

thenewsmen.co.in

French Safran to co-develop 'Made in India' fighter jet engines for AMCA, twin-engine deck-based aircraft: Report

While the specifics of the deal remain undisclosed, HT report quoted its reliable sources as saying that Safran will offer 100% transfer of technology for the proposed 110-kilogram newton engine and it will not fall under the US International Trade in Arms Regulation (ITAR).

thenewsmen.co.in
thenewsmen.co.in

swarajyamag.com

India-France AMCA Jet Engine Cooperation: How It Is Different From GE Engine Deal With US

swarajyamag.com
swarajyamag.com

A workshare agreement will be signed between DRDO and Safran and resulting developmental cost will be borned by both entities, and will result in the transferring of 'know-how' as well as 'know-why' of the engine to India.

Transfer of 'know-why' will allow India to develop new engines entirely on their own or upgrade AMCA engines when required, while 'know-how' only transfers the ability to manufacture the technology.

Subsequent development or changes in the GE engine for Tejas Mk-2, on the other hand, will still require approval and more-importantly assistance from the US.

Yes, I am sure you must be satisfied with this piddly supply of some modules to Thales in lieu of paying 30 billion to french MIC. Indian nationalists are so blind with anti-americanism that they are happy to get swindled by french just to own the americans. All your jet engine deals with french are in future tense. None have materialised. US on the other hand is happy to have $24B trade deficit while helping set up assembly of F414 which will end up powering Tejas mk2, TEDBF, AMCA mk1. NO OTHER COUNTRY HAS THIS TYPE OF DEAL FOR US ENGINES. If you dislike america so much, why is no one protesting the use of their engines in indian jets?

Also, let's not forget the solar panel dispute we had with the Americans over % of local content. Solar energy has seen the most significat growth in the last deacde in India and the Americans f**ked us at the WTO in order to cash in on it. A country with ~30x per capita income couldn't let a developing country expand it's renewable source of energy without picking it's pockets.

>Also, let's not forget the solar panel dispute we had with the Americans over % of local content.
Yes, India and France have had no disputes in WTO.

>Solar energy has seen the most significat growth in the last deacde in India and the Americans f**ked us at the WTO in order to cash in on it.
Yes lets look at what US solar companies are doing:
Also:

>And this guy want's to sell our soul to this nation. Ignore him.
Again sentimentalism. Indian nationalists are wired to be sentimental. They wont ever be pragmatic to see which side is offering the best benefits. Which is the reason why China Is where it is today and India is where it is today. Democracy forces the hands to populist politicians to take sentimental decisions.
Tum akele thekedar nahin ho india ke "soul" ke. Some of can look past our own nose.

Somebody tell the rulers of UAE, why are they trying to buy F-35s when they have already ordered the prophetic Rafales for their Air Force? Looks like they are in need of good advisors that can correct the path of these misguided souls. Apparently, there are abundant EXPERTS on this website who know F-35s are just fraud and the real messiah is Rafale.

.......However, the deal[Rafale deal] was not seen as a replacement for the F-35............yikes

Solar energy has seen the most significat growth in the last deacde in India and the Americans f**ked us at the WTO in order to cash in on it. A country with ~30x per capita income couldn't let a developing country expand it's renewable source of energy without picking it's pockets.
I Want to know more about it ?

The Americans are not foolish enough to prop India up as a future competitor.
Americans in the real world:
Tesla executives discuss India entry plans with Invest India. Details here

I wonder where French firms are? I am sure they are investing 100's of billions of $ in India so that India can rise to become a superpower💪.I am just waiting for randomradio to lift the blindfolds on my eyes, to show me the truth.

Oh wait......they haven't invested anything significant:ROFLMAO:. They don't have any such significant company to begin with. Whatever they have, those companies have already invested heavily in China. And China has been stealing all their IPRs to make domestic champions and slowly edging all foreign companies out.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Innominate
>Also, let's not forget the solar panel dispute we had with the Americans over % of local content.
Yes, India and France have had no disputes in WTO.

>Solar energy has seen the most significat growth in the last deacde in India and the Americans f**ked us at the WTO in order to cash in on it.
Yes lets look at what US solar companies are doing:
Also:

>And this guy want's to sell our soul to this nation. Ignore him.
Again sentimentalism. Indian nationalists are wired to be sentimental. They wont ever be pragmatic to see which side is offering the best benefits. Which is the reason why China Is where it is today and India is where it is today. Democracy forces the hands to populist politicians to take sentimental decisions.
Tum akele thekedar nahin ho india ke "soul" ke. Some of can look past our own nose.
No WTO dsputes between India and France. Talking out your behind again. Google away and find one and post it here.

Rich of you to assume political leanings of others when you can't seem to grasp the concept of a globalised/interconnected world where you can extract benificial deals from multiple nations instead of putting all your eggs in one basket (USA) like you suggest. Your ideas are driven by fear (fear of China) and moral ideals (neo-colonialism), not astute business sense.

In terms of the solar panels, WTO upheld US claim in 2016 allowing them to gain an upper hand in the Indian market temporarily. India-US negotiated bilaterally outside of the WTO after that. Imagine the Americans had more leverage over India, over a big defence export for example? Our negotiating power would be diminshed.

Because it was costing France a lot, and France is in the process of disengaging from Africa.
All the documents I have read that show French used this arrangement to boost their domestic industry and bound these African countries to be their source of raw material. Essentially a parastic relationship of 70 years. Now that other competitors have arrived, this charade cannot go on. Despite pressure to do away with this arrangement, the French have not been able to close this saga. They have been saying that they will end this for years but still haven't done so. Shows how addicted they are and how rich their elites have become with this arrangement.

I Want to know more about it ?
India wanted to incentivise local content in the production of solar panels. US disputed that this breaks WTO trade rules. US claim was upheld and the two countries have agreed to settles all trade disputes bilaterally since then.

This is current share of renewable energy sources according to IBEF. Solar energy growth is reported at 80%+ YoY. Full report attached from Feb 2023.
renewable-energy-infographic-feb2023.jpg

Attachments

• 1683620023_Renewable-Energy-Feb2023.pdf
    579 KB · Views: 87
  • Informative
Reactions: Rajput Lion
No WTO dsputes between India and France. Talking out your behind again. Google away and find one and post it here.

Rich of you to assume political leanings of others when you can't seem to grasp the concept of a globalised/interconnected world where you can extract benificial deals from multiple nations instead of putting all your eggs in one basket (USA) like you suggest. Your ideas are driven by fear (fear of China) and moral ideals (neo-colonialism), not astute business sense.

In terms of the solar panels, WTO upheld US claim in 2016 allowing them to gain an upper hand in the Indian market temporarily. India-US negotiated bilaterally outside of the WTO after that. Imagine the Americans had more leverage over India, over a big defence export for example? Our negotiating power would be diminshed.
Do you think France is on Mars? It is a part of EU.

You keep up the charade of globalised/interconnected world when there are only 2 trading superpowers - US and China. One of these countries is encroaching on our borders and is ideologically motivated be the historic middle kingdom & to make us subservient to them. Now you can continue to keep this charade of leverage and "eggs in multiple baskets" but India's only option is to trade extensively with the other superpower before the window of opportunity closes.

My ideas are driven by realism. When India's supreme leader says - "...na koi ghusa hai, na koi ghuse tha....." despite all that has happened, then you can safely assume ki upar se leke niche tak sabki phati hui hai. No video of Galwan released from our side, why? Why is 56inch so afraid to piss off China. Because these guys live in real world and know that actions have consequences. The supremacy of their forces and economy are real.

You can continue to live in 2016, the world has moved on. It is 2023 here.

Chinese solar panels have flooded the market and they are econimcally cheaper and technologically more advanced. So, much so that Indian policymakers are planning to fulfill their green energy quotas by massive imports of chinese solar panels.

The solution is to have more advanced tech investments from american firms or you can continue to have ever widening trade deficit with China.

>Imagine the Americans had more leverage over India, over a big defence export for example? Our negotiating power would be diminshed.
You can continue to imagine hypotheticals based on 7 year old minor incidents meanwhile India-China trade deficit has widened to $77billion . This is almost equal to our defence budget.

Indian Nationalists will keep justifying retarded non-alignment to ward off imaginary American threat. Increasing engagement with americans(which GoI is already doing) is equal to becoming their slave. There are no in-betweens.

Meanwhile in real world, record number of Indians are giving up Indian citizenship to live in US or their allied countries.

Reactions: South block

They were very quick to withdraw GSP as well.

They use their currency manipulator list for benefits.

They constantly threaten India using religious freedom, slavery, human rights violations etc.

While India is trying to reduce strategic dependency on the US, our man here practically wants us to become their slaves instead.

Reactions: Rajput Lion and D68
They were very quick to withdraw GSP as well.

They use their currency manipulator list for benefits.

They constantly threaten India using religious freedom, slavery, human rights violations etc.

While India is trying to reduce strategic dependency on the US, our man here practically wants us to become their slaves instead.
>They were very quick to withdraw GSP as well. They use their currency manipulator list for benefits. They constantly threaten India using religious freedom, slavery, human rights violations etc.
Yes, keep complaining on such minor issues like jealous ex-girlfriends while ignoring the actual trade data.
Trade deficit trends bw India & US(from US pov) :
2020: -$24Billion
2021: -$33Billion
2022: -$38Billion

The american attacks on China are far more vicious. But at the end of the day China has $382 Billion trade surplus with US. Thats what we can achieve. But indian nationalists would rather suck the french.
US administration has been very very accommodating of Indian Govt. But indian nationalists would love to just ignore that so they can own the US while being piss poor. This thinking is mystery to me.

>While India is trying to reduce strategic dependency on the US
Wow, what weird way to reduce strategic dependency-
All 83 tejas mk1a will run on american F404 engines. All future jets(tejas mk2, TEDBF, AMCA mk1) will run on american F414 engines. Almost all future frigates/destroyers/Aircraft Carriers will run on US General Electric LM2500 gas turbine engines. What a weird way to reduce strategic dependency? wow, maybe randomradio can tell us something we don't know.

>our man here practically wants us to become their slaves instead.
yes, indian nationalists and their worldviews. Increasing engagement with US means becoming their slaves, there are no in-betweens(which by the way is already happening due to China's pressure). I wonder why so many Indians willingly leave India to live in oppressive US?
If only chinese thought of US as you think, maybe they wouldn't have become the industrial power they are today. Its India's bad luck that we have such far-sighted thinkers in our country.

Last edited: