Trainer Aircraft of IAF - PC-7, HTT-40, HJT-36, BAE Hawk

Tweet got deleted, any new info?
Oh nothing just the above info with an engine pic.
FYqxpfHWAAA_YkC

India’s HAL signs over $100 million contract with Honeywell for 88 engines & maintenance/support services for HTT-40 trainer aircraft.
A million dollars for the engine and then the ejection seats from Martin Baker. Probably the two most costly items totally imported in the aircraft.

Reactions: TARGET and Sathya

490 million USD deal for 70 aircraft. 2 production lines will be established to deliver all 70 in 3 years.

Approx 7 million USD per plane. It's reasonable cost. Ignore the comment on PC7 MK2 being cheaper. PC7 MK2 was cheaper because it wasn't good enough. Doesn't have zero zero Ejection seats, doesn't have pressurized cockpit, etc. Any modern Turbo Trainer like T6 Texan II , Base variant of Super Tucano , PC-21 comes between 10-12 million USD a piece.

Expect official deal signing in October. HAL spent 85 million USD to design , develop, test and certify HTT40.
Honeywell will work together to secure more market success. Personally hoping IN jumps into the fray too seeing that it used to operate Deepak.

That comes close to 100 cr per jet.
Don't worry about the cost. HAL had used internal resources for the development, so the contract should cover some reimbursement to HAL also. Plus HAL will be setting up 2 production lines as far as I know.

The fly away cost only is near 40 crore. It should be somewhere in this thread only.

Don't worry about the cost. HAL had used internal resources for the development, so the contract should cover some reimbursement to HAL also. Plus HAL will be setting up 2 production lines as far as I know.

The fly away cost only is near 40 crore. It should be somewhere in this thread only.
It is understood that the HAL board sanctioned, over the years, about Rs 600 crore for the basic trainer’s design and development. Besides those costs, the money has also paid for two prototype aircraft and 550 test flights.

1150 crore ka hisab mil gaya

I was checking PC 7 cost, wikipedia says 1-2 million$
So I thought he mentioned only flyaway cost.
1150 is devlopment cost. Some more will be one time infrastructure development cost for setting up the production lines.

I think we can say that around 70 crore fly away cost should be a safe assumption.
Cost of things like T6 Texan 2, KT1 etc are in similar ranges. So it's reasonable.

Asked about the high cost per aircraft of about Rs 90 crore each (if one calculates the contract value to total number of planes ordered for), HAL sources said that actual cost is less than Rs 50 crore a piece and the extra cost is towards the spares, training and infrastructure costs besides other expenses.

HTT 40 has features like running changeover of pilots, hot-refueling, zero-zero ejection seats, multi-function displays, night flying capabilities and a range of 1,000 km with a top speed of 450 kmph.