Cabinet clears ‘AGNIPATH’ scheme for recruitment of youth in the Armed Forces

Modi has to do something quickly

Raise the Exit Package to Rs 20 Lakhs

Even Lt Gen Panag from AAP has said this

People needs to understand this funda, generating job, wellfare of citizens & giving business is not military's responsibility.

Their job is to protect us, in order to keep an edge over enemy you need better equipment & well trained dedicated military personals. Can a 4-6 week trained teenager or group of teenagers will be able to do what our soldiers does in galwan in 2020 indo china clash? No.

Sad part is people those who are opposing this only concerned about post retirement benefit , and goi wants to generate job by awarding 4 year contract, along with cost cutting. None them are concerned about the deterioration gonna happened with military by this stupid move .

Lastly but not least, just wanna tell this blind people who support agniveer program by telling it will generate employment. During Taliban#1, They addressed the unemployment by giving an AK 47 ,and appointment in Taliban Army. We are not Afghanistan,we don't need to address unemployment by giving 4 year contract to youth so that they can serve in military. Yeah the only beneficiary is ruling party, they can tell my government has generated 40000*5 jobs in last 5 year, and vote for me again. Do you want this to happen at the expense of our operational capabilities?

Yeas exactly, military is like municipality keeping fire service. Un avoidable expenses. We learnt it during 62 war.

The next will be ISRO, under Modi government ISRO lost its tempo,you will get this if you had observed ISRO activities for the last 5 years. Now they started asking pvt party to take party in space race. Slowly killing ISRO so that others can come & start the game.

People needs to understand this funda, generating job, wellfare of citizens & giving business is not military's responsibility

Unfortunately in India military and paramilitary has become a business of short term job and long term pension. Why do you think IAF has shortage , because many also resign after they are eligible for pension and then join some Airline for a good package, this is one of the factor.

Some join for passion, but their passion dies when they see their friends making lakhs in business and private firms.

Do you know what ex Air chief Dhanoa is doing? He is working in Hero Motor corp, He might have taken some loan for house or studies of his kids to send them abroad, or some xyz reason. Life is not easy.

It's all about money and employment.

Those guys are just failures. "Doctors" and "post grads" without jobs when jobs are available for them are simply not worth hiring anywhere. Just degrees without any employable skills.

80% of government of India is filled with BS quota and useless manpower who doesn't even know how to write a note, how to talk, including group A officers, lack of ideas and full of ego. Few days back 50 group A officers were transferred or asked to take VRS from one of the intelligence agency due to leakage of a highly confidential data.

kabaad bharti kiya hua haiy just to maintain employment status of the country, nothing else.

Reactions: Paro
The next will be ISRO, under Modi government ISRO lost its tempo,you will get this if you had observed ISRO activities for the last 5 years. Now they started asking pvt party to take party in space race. Slowly killing ISRO so that others can come & start the game.

Actually Modi wants to get rid of this 60% quota kabaad and clean the government services. But his ways are little flamboyant.

Reactions: Paro
Actually Modi wants to get rid of this 60% quota kabaad and clean the government services. But his ways are little flamboyant.
"Reservation? Reservation cannot be stopped in government institutions. So they are killing these psu other government jobs,So that technically reservation will be stopped". That's what you are talking?

Unfortunately in India military and paramilitary has become a business of short term job and long term pension. Why do you think IAF has shortage , because many also resign after they are eligible for pension and then join some Airline for a good package, this is one of the factor.

Some join for passion, but their passion dies when they see their friends making lakhs in business and private firms.

Do you know what ex Air chief Dhanoa is doing? He is working in Hero Motor corp, He might have taken some loan for house or studies of his kids to send them abroad, or some xyz reason. Life is not easy.

Then increase pension age for officers,they will not do that things.

Before 2014 , never seen any loud mouth being appointed as a 4 star general/chief.

Dhanoa & Bipin ji are behaved more like political spoke person. You blame government for bringing such people as chief.

Reactions: screambowl

you need grow the economy, reduces the wage disparity between different sectors. A well rounded economy will ensure that ppl will not only choose what they are good at but also reduce social inequality to a large extent. That happens only when we are more economic and productive growth takes place.

Forget growing economy , current govt cannot even prevent leakage of public money in govt banks. All those ppl who owe money just go scot free and the govt indulges in creative accounting to get away with it. It took govt ages even to reorganize OFC board. Every time they look for a easy way out which does not exist.

80% of government of India is filled with BS quota and useless manpower who doesn't even know how to write a note, how to talk, including group A officers, lack of ideas and full of ego. Few days back 50 group A officers were transferred or asked to take VRS from one of the intelligence agency due to leakage of a highly confidential data.

kabaad bharti kiya hua haiy just to maintain employment status of the country, nothing else.
That happens bcos most of the institutions are compromised & politicized they do every thing other than their work. Even if quota is given if the person doesnt deliver they should be shown the door, there should continuous evaluation of performance of each company. Instead we end up seeing gangs ,groups & unions getting formed in every company or institution whose sole interest is to protect themselves.

Reactions: screambowl
So they are killing these psu other government jobs,So that technically reservation will be stopped". That's what you are talking?
My assessment is the quota in government service is basically the pro congress people. This is why roots of congress is deep into every institution.

BJP is bringing their RSS affiliates into government which will be there for next 30-37 years. And to bring them into government service, BJP wants to bring in new schemes.

Coming to protest issue,
I don't think any real military aspirant will have time to be in the protest. As I said earlier Muhammad remark issue and now this violent protest by the youngsters are interrelated.

Many Military people are also pro congressi and it's not a big deal to orchestrate the protest for these people .

Finally Rahul gandhi is being grilled. There will be retaliation from congress.

This is the reason I do not trust any news directly nor the BJP neither the congress. Because it may seem it is some national issue, but it turns out be a vested party politics just to remain in power.

Now whether the scheme is correct or not, well I don't have any problem if government is employing the youth,. The last batch of 12th and recent graduates are have genuine problem with their knowledge of subjects due to non regular schooling in pandemic. They are not employable at all. So to increase the employment data the BJP is also using agnipath scheme.

One scheme, multiple targets.

Then increase pension age for officers,they will not do that things.

Before 2014 , never seen any loud mouth being appointed as a 4 star general/chief.

Dhanoa & Bipin ji are behaved more like political spoke person. You blame government for bringing such people as chief.

Before 2014 i have never seen any one who attempted serious military reforms and managed to do it to some extent except rawat ji .....and before 2014 i have never seen a government giving more focus on military reforms .......stop being a loudmouth and avoid forming ur opinion based on whatsapp forwards

Before 2014 i have never seen any one who attempted serious military reforms and managed to do it to some extent except rawat ji .....and before 2014 i have never seen a government giving more focus on military reforms .......stop being a loudmouth and avoid forming ur opinion based on whatsapp forwards
The worst thing ever happened to our military was VK Krishna Menon,second one was AK Antony,I will give only third place to Rwat & his reforms

• Agree
Reactions: Shaktimaan
They were sensible not to adopt OROP, which this govt did without much introspection. Now the pension bill is unsustainable thus this "reform".

First of all we are thinking that salary, pension & canteen facilities of military are a financial burden, morality of such discussion need a relook.

If you want modernise military , allocate more fund defense expenditure. Stop talking about lack of fund when we are not even spending 2% of your GDP for defence.

I dont know how a 4-6 weeks of training will make some one military personal, these type of untrained personals in force will reduce quality of our fighting force.

The pathetic perfomance Russia in Ukrain is due to the abundance of these type contractual fighters with Russian military . Not my word, people like them @randomradio @vstol Jockey @Hellfire said this.
Clearly, you don't understand words like cumulative and resource allocation.

As you said yourself, more funds for defense should be for "modernization" not given away as pensions. After OROP implementation, the pension bill has ballooned substantially. It is unsustainable because it's incremental over time. Thus the word "cumulative". In the last 7 years, defence budget has increased considerably but the CAPX budget didn't because all those increase went to OROP resulted pension bill spike.

FVYzw3naUAAiIG5

1612165778193-png.19171

Most major militaries do such short service schemes including the US. Those doesn't automatically make them less effective. Russian's have overused the conscripts. We are yet to start so such comparisons are useless. We cannot have such a big standing army it's just unsustainable. We have to allocate resources carefully.

As a matter of fact if we keep the size of the military constant, salary & pension can be estimated for next 5-10 years and it is a known number there is no surprise here. As they cannot increase the capex budget they have decided to cut elsewhere. So next time the economy becomes worse the govt will have to cut more numbers as they need to keep the ratio of capex to running costs low and there will be no end to it.
Please back these conclusions with numbers.

Here is thread that would be useful : Defence Budget Allocation & Defence Procurement Procedure : News & Discussions