We were saying this for what last 1 year?!

Full silence in defence forums after this news...
No one likes to admit Kaveri is a failure and for some asking help is heresy. A Mature society accepts mistakes and does steps to amend it. The superpower US had no problem using Russian RD-180 engine for their rockets. Lets hope Safran-Kaveri would bring new hopes to LCA mk2.

No one likes to admit Kaveri is a failure and for some asking help is heresy. A Mature society accepts mistakes and does steps to amend it. The superpower US had no problem using Russian RD-180 engine for their rockets. Lets hope Safran-Kaveri would bring new hopes to LCA mk2.
USA used RD 180 engine because it was cheap. USA has shown its capabilities to launch very heavy payload. But sending supply to ISS is not a strategic application. USA did not accept failure. It simply did not care.
Mature society does not accept failures where it did not fail. Mature society learns from deficiency and corrects them, not commits suicide.

It was in Other Forum that the Snecma Kaveri deal popped up. But as the information that Snecma have admitted that Kaveri was 75% complete and the statement of Mohan Rao, GTRE, that funds were cut by government, the obvious difference in dimensions of M88 which makes it impossible to fit into Kaveri and the exposing if the false notions of Single crystal blade as seen in AL31F made in HAL, blisk(see the video I put in IAF chronicle thread)made things more clear.

All this were fake news and the only thing needed for Kaveri in addition to the technology already in possession of India like Al31 is funds and test bed. It was a case of sabotage rather than failure

USA used RD 180 engine because it was cheap. USA has shown its capabilities to launch very heavy payload. But sending supply to ISS is not a strategic application. USA did not accept failure. It simply did not care.
Mature society does not accept failures where it did not fail. Mature society learns from deficiency and corrects them, not commits suicide.

It was in Other Forum that the Snecma Kaveri deal popped up. But as the information that Snecma have admitted that Kaveri was 75% complete and the statement of Mohan Rao, GTRE, that funds were cut by government, the obvious difference in dimensions of M88 which makes it impossible to fit into Kaveri and the exposing if the false notions of Single crystal blade as seen in AL31F made in HAL, blisk(see the video I put in IAF chronicle thread)made things more clear.

All this were fake news and the only thing needed for Kaveri in addition to the technology already in possession of India like Al31 is funds and test bed. It was a case of sabotage rather than failure
*i don't like it*,
*fake news*,
*conspiracy theory*,
* Darvin was wrong',
*sabotage',
*Blisk, SCB and some Kn*,
*We never fail',*
*We first flew vimana, not those brothers'.*

Safran close to India combat jet engine deal: sources – Indian Defence Research Wing

So France is trying to sell M88 engines wrapped in Kaveri costume to India..
It's only your own interpretation. And be carefull of the source.... maybe little biaised or fake....
Mine is different : Safran already help to revive Kaveri with some know how and maybe some technology from its fighter jet experience. And the last Safran engine is M88, so the word "M88" is used uncorrectly.
I don't believe it's possible to add a complete piece of M88 in a Kaveri.
The Safran job is to fix all the Kaveri problem with a maximum of indian tech. that's all.

• Agree
Reactions: hembo
*i don't like it*,
*fake news*,
*conspiracy theory*,
* Darvin was wrong',
*sabotage',
*Blisk, SCB and some Kn*,
*We never fail',*
*We first flew vimana, not those brothers'.*
*I like it only this way*
*I am desperate for news as I can't handle suspense*
*Every speculation is news*
*No need for reason & evidence*
*I believe whoever shouts loudly*
*All Indians morons*
*USA filled with geniuses*
*India always fails*
*Others always succeed*
*History is irrelevant. I will assume history*
*If I say so, it is so*

This means a minimum thrust rating of 72/115KN for sure.
F18 has 30 ton MToW of 30 ton and even worked with twin f414 engine. F35 has MToW over 30 tons with 180kN thrust single engine.

So, it is a very vague information. By having an idea of many of the important fighters and extrapolating to 15 ton SE or 30 ton TE, minimum thrust I see is 100kN or F414 class. Reference planes - Gripen, F35, F15, F16, Tejas MK1, F18, Rafale, Mirage 2000, Typhoon extrapolated to 15 ton for SE or 30 ton for TE

besides the Indo- French Shakti engine has done very well for Dhruv. The same model might help us move ahead for Kaveri.

• Agree
Reactions: TARGET
Shakti is still not fully Indian and requires imported parts from France. For that matter, India can import F414 or even the entire Gripen plane itself. Why bother making an engine?
besides the Indo- French Shakti engine has done very well for Dhruv. The same model might help us move ahead for Kaveri.

Reactions: Ironhide
F18 has 30 ton MToW of 30 ton and even worked with twin f414 engine. F35 has MToW over 30 tons with 180kN thrust single engine.

So, it is a very vague information. By having an idea of many of the important fighters and extrapolating to 15 ton SE or 30 ton TE, minimum thrust I see is 100kN or F414 class. Reference planes - Gripen, F35, F15, F16, Tejas MK1, F18, Rafale, Mirage 2000, Typhoon extrapolated to 15 ton for SE or 30 ton for TE
Indian conditions are very demanding conditions and F-18SH with 62.5/98KN engine is grossly underpowered for our conditions. You need an engine with minimum 10% higher thrust for indian conditions.

there is a difference between important some parts and the whole piece.
Difference in cost and not utility. Fully imported or partially imported weapons are both useless for action. The fully imported one is fully useless whereas the partially may have more use but still both are not enough

• Agree
Reactions: Dagger
Cross post.

DXR9IiPVAAE6fjQ.jpg

DXR9JzJU8AALHeR.jpg

Reactions: Aashish and Bali78