Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

Er... Yes, it's correct. That statement I made. :rolleyes:
Do you some extreme cognitive dissonance? Does high-altitude mean something else in your language?

the-gun-battle-inside-south-block-defence-news-issue-date-jun-28-2021-png.20019

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Show me confirmation from the army or MoD.
Oh damn, you can understand the contradiction. I thought we are losing you.

You have to do with the available company PR and media report for now. I will update when more info is available.

I can ask how ATHOS 'won' the tender when there is no confirmation from the army or MoD. But I know the same logic wont go both ways for you. So I will resist.

You have to do with the available company PR and media report for now.

I have a habit of not going by that.

I can ask how ATHOS 'won' the tender when there is no confirmation from the army or MoD. But I know the same logic wont go both ways for you. So I will resist.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The discussion for the last few pages have just been about ego fulfilment & ego bashing , the way I see it . ATAGS has completed it's trials as per Dr Reddy last year . The IA can keep insisting on further trials under 1 pretext or another . The process of improvements sought by the IA & trials after such improvements is a never ending one .

So where do we go from here ? By the looks of it , given the situation on the LAC & the fact that the Athos doesn't figure on the import ban list , we may well see a compromise between the MoD & IA wherein 400 such numbers would be imported as a contingency measure & that would be the end of that with the rest comprising of ATAGS & perhaps Bharat 52 (?) under MII .

Under the circumstances , this seems the logical move .

Reactions: Aditya b7777
I know, you live in your own universe.

Yep. The real one.

Since you have chosen to reply. Can you show MoD or Army PR says ATHOS won the tender?

Ongoing tenders are not officially mentioned anywhere publicly until its time for signature. It allows the MoD to cancel the tender anytime, even the day before the signature. So only indirect news is released during the time through the media.

Not the case with indigenous development, which follows a wholly different procedure. When a product finishes development, they announce the beginning of contract negotiations directly. This is how you get to know the tests are finished.

Import = Contract signature... Only in the case of very high profile imports do they mention it officially after shortlist, like MMRCA
Domestic = Beginning of negotiations

Until ATAGS's negotiations begin, it's a pie in the sky.

Your desperation is getting to you.

Ongoing tenders are not officially mentioned anywhere publicly until its time for signature. It allows the MoD to cancel the tender anytime, even the day before the signature. So only indirect news is released during the time through the media.

Here are the tender details:

Indian Army Issues Tender for Howitzers

24 Jan 2011 (January 24th, 2011 18:30)
The Indian Army has issued a fresh global tender for acquiring over 400 towed artillery howitzers, the first such tender since the infamous Bofors deal. According to the latest proposal, the deal would include procurement of 400 guns from foreign vendors and production of 1,000 indigeno

Every step we get update: RFI>AoN>DAC>negotiation>CSS> contract signature

Let me ask you again, Can you show MoD or Army PR says ATHOS won the tender?

Here are the tender details:

Indian Army Issues Tender for Howitzers

24 Jan 2011 (January 24th, 2011 18:30)
The Indian Army has issued a fresh global tender for acquiring over 400 towed artillery howitzers, the first such tender since the infamous Bofors deal. According to the latest proposal, the deal would include procurement of 400 guns from foreign vendors and production of 1,000 indigeno

Every step we get update: RFI>AoN>DAC>negotiation>CSS> contract signature

Let me ask you again, Can you show MoD or Army PR says ATHOS won the tender?

Cheers, mate. ATHOS didn't win anything. Now you can wait for either ATAGS's contract negotiations or for its continuation of trials by Jan.

ATAGS was never under trial and everyone is lying. Except for white men who will sell stuff at the cheapest possible price and timeframe.

We have all seen the amount of time it took to certify Dhanush 45 from already proven system. It will take the same time if not more for this too.

This is actually sound evidence here for why MAD magazine didn't even consider publishing in India . Even mundane everyday news here reads like a comic episode or satire.

Hence the glorious tradition of the IA to test test & retest much like Chinese Virus protocol will be repeated till such time as faults in the system are found & procurement halted , product tolerance & endurance be damned.

This is actually sound evidence here for why MAD magazine didn't even consider publishing in India . Even mundane everyday news here reads like a comic episode or satire.

Hence the glorious tradition of the IA to test test & retest much like Chinese Virus protocol will be repeated till such time as faults in the system are found & procurement halted , product tolerance & endurance be damned.

Which company in the world will tolerate a Customer who asked for a 2 wheeler and after testing for years ...suddenly realized the need of 4 wheeler and demand a change .