Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

I don't know how well the PLAGF will be able to access Myanmar's soil, but the real threat will come in through PLA's new stealth bombers and stealth drones, which Myanmar cannot counter, but can target India's logistics chain, and even the peninsula where the navy's located. They can fly over BD as well.

Reactions: Amarante
I don't know how well the PLAGF will be able to access Myanmar's soil, but the real threat will come in through PLA's new stealth bombers and stealth drones, which Myanmar cannot counter, but can target India's logistics chain, and even the peninsula where the navy's located. They can fly over BD as well.
And yet IAF has not asked for more
Rafales

It is the IAF which has maximum responsibility in terms of Air Defence
And yet they are going slow over new acquisitions

On the other hand the Army and Navy are keen on acquiring new and additional hardware

And yet IAF has not asked for more
Rafales

It is the IAF which has maximum responsibility in terms of Air Defence
And yet they are going slow over new acquisitions

On the other hand the Army and Navy are keen on acquiring new and additional hardware

IAF had asked for 80 jets as emergency purchase. They ended up with just 36. Which is why we were positive about a second order of 36. But it appears the IAF wants the guarantee of MRFA, which will give them at least 171 more Rafales before DPSU interference can veto more Rafales.

The IAF is currently pushing for the AoN to kickstart MRFA. Hopefully it will go through after the monsoon period or even early next year.

IAF had asked for 80 jets as emergency purchase. They ended up with just 36. Which is why we were positive about a second order of 36. But it appears the IAF wants the guarantee of MRFA, which will give them at least 171 more Rafales before DPSU interference can veto more Rafales.

The IAF is currently pushing for the AoN to kickstart MRFA. Hopefully it will go through after the monsoon period or even early next year.
I read the news that India purchased 110 MiG 35s at a price of US$5 billion. Is this true?

I read the news that India purchased 110 MiG 35s at a price of US$5 billion. Is this true?

No. Just bad reporting. Mig replied to the new MRFA RFI and during the air show this year, the Russians stated this. So their announcement of participation in the tender became something else.

Right now the IAF is only gonna buy 21 Mig-29s.

That's to be expected . They aren't going to sit by idly while we waste their infrastructure during a campaign .

From the looks of it they're planning the definitive campaign Rikhye predicted in a couple of years or earlier.

I always thought they will go for the North East proper. This Ladakh mess is weird to me. Unless its a feint that went horribly wrong.

I always thought they will go for the North East proper. This Ladakh mess is weird to me. Unless its a feint that went horribly wrong.
Aren't we more strongly entrenched in the NE as compared to Ladakh ? Besides the NE minus Tawang is a feint to keep up the bargaining chips vis a vis India .

Ladakh has more salience to China in view of their BRI plans. Of course with the Taliban controlling Afghanistan which while it isn't a formality seems more plausible with the passage of time , some rerouting could be thru Afghanistan too.

That's considered to be a much safer route thru Xinjiang proper into mainland China beyond the seismic activities among other issues with the Himalayan Karakoram tract.

Aren't we more strongly entrenched in the NE as compared to Ladakh ? Besides the NE minus Tawang is a feint to keep up the bargaining chips vis a vis India .

Ladakh has more salience to China in view of their BRI plans. Of course with the Taliban controlling Afghanistan which while it isn't a formality seems more plausible with the passage of time , some rerouting could be thru Afghanistan too.

That's considered to be a much safer route thru Xinjiang proper into mainland China beyond the seismic activities among other issues with the Himalayan Karakoram tract.

But before Galwan - India had no intent of threatening any piece of China - Amit Shah's statement in Parliament notwithstanding.

All they did was break India's lethargy and force us to realign. We might be better prepared in NE but they have a better build on their side too. Closer to Chengdu, just near the Southern Theater command - marshalling men and material is easier for them compared to the far end of the Western Theater.

Galwan is forcing us to divert a significant amount of capital that otherwise would have piled on our prep vs Pak.
It should be doing the same to them. Those resources could have come handy in their Taiwan prep.

Reactions: JustCurious