Chinese Wuhan Virus Thread

Reading this there is only one thing that comes to mind. We need Indian beaurocracy's head on a stick and this time we want their family's heads too.

We had been cursing politicians et al for too long, about time we hit the real source of problem, the british designed and appointed beaurocracy in India. They need to suffer. And by suffer I mean suffer and die.

Reactions: Paro
I don't think vaccine exports or donations have been a problem. In all these are 6-7 Carore. In a country of 130 carore, these are not even 5%. In current crisis, these would have been too small to matter. I am with MEA on this, our outrage is misplaced here and more "ideological" than practical.

The real culprit are :
1. The lack of prepration in our health care system. Oxygen, supplies of drugs and hospital beds are main issues. These should have been stockpiled and installed and operationalized last year latest. This is beyond any reason and is criminal. All the deaths due to this are simply criminal. This was not expensive, not hard and was way obvious. I mean China made hospitals in matter of days, I guess we could have made tin-shades with some straw for insulation in matter of months at worst? Is Installing a new oxygen concentrator really that hard? Leave that is floating a tender when there is 3000 Carore available, really that hard?

2. Procurement of vaccine manufacturing supplies. USA invoked DPA pretty late for vaccine manufacturing supplies like Bio reactor bags, culture media, filters, tubings etc. When trump asked for all the HCQ last year, we should have bartered massive amounts of such items to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these items in our pharma industry. 2-3 billions, maximum 5 billions would have been enough to procure these items. Most of pharama in USA at that time did not have the scale (it was ramped up later). We missed this bad. When UK reached out for vaccine supply to us, we should have asked them to supply us the required supplies first. Same with Germany etc. If we had these items, we would be producing upward of 200-300 million doses of vaccines every month. Enough to speed up our vaccination and to even supply abroad. There should have been a covid task force working closely with pharma industry to ensure there are enough national stockpiles of these supplies so that there are no impediments to scale up production.

None of these are political issues. All of these are criminal administrative callousness and incompetence and negligence. They fall squarely in the lap of beaurocracy. IAS et el need to be punished. They should be shot dead along with their families in public so that no one dares to take such matters non-seriously in future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paro
Update:

I have been discharged from hospital after 4 days of admission again. Look like virus did some damage to my lungs and recovery will take upward of six months, probably whole year. I was again given anti bacterial , anti coagulant injection and other medicine during my four day stay. They did CT scan this time. My blood test also showed some infection and they did test for sepsis but the results were fine.
Take care, these are trying times.

Reactions: South block

Reading this there is only one thing that comes to mind. We need Indian beaurocracy's head on a stick and this time we want their family's heads too.

We had been cursing politicians et al for too long, about time we hit the real source of problem, the british designed and appointed beaurocracy in India. They need to suffer. And by suffer I mean suffer and die.
No point in blaming bureaucracy alone if we dont fix the politicians. Its high time we started holding ppl in positions accountable.

US has already made it clear no exports, we should have started shoring up stuff before situation became horrible. Given our population size we should have expected it sooner or later. ppl were stupidly high on patting their own backs and focusing on getting limelight.

No point in blaming bureaucracy alone if we dont fix the politicians. Its high time we started holding ppl in positions accountable.
No sir. Politicians are NOT the ones who are causing issues, its the beauracacy. Its they who bungle things up.
Besides, for past so many decades we have been fixing politicians but it did not generate much impact, does it not seem common sense to look for issues elsewhere as well?

Lastly, I doubt politicians have enough knowledge or courage to administer the country. It is done by IAS. We need to fix them. And by fix I mean we need to purge them totally and brutally and build it a new.

I was under observation by local physician. Today as per his advice visiting another doctor for further check-up and to decide if hospitalization is required. I have fever however due to constant medicine it's under control now. Coughing is negligible. Tiredness is there.
I am not a doctor but from what i have seen in last month and from my own experience is that if your SPo2 level fall below 90% , do not wait. go to hospital and try to get oxygen mask ( flow rate need to be set by physician, don't do it yourself ). it doesn't matter if you are feeling well. Spo2 when drop start dropping fast. Mine went fronm 91% in morning to 75% by night and i almost died.
covid usually attack lungs a week after first symptoms and situation deteriorate fast. if your oxygen level drop below 90% make sure to get yourself to hospital.

No sir. Politicians are NOT the ones who are causing issues, its the beauracacy. Its they who bungle things up.
Besides, for past so many decades we have been fixing politicians but it did not generate much impact, does it not seem common sense to look for issues elsewhere as well?

Lastly, I doubt politicians have enough knowledge or courage to administer the country. It is done by IAS. We need to fix them. And by fix I mean we need to purge them totally and brutally and build it a new.
It's time you give it a rest. Beauracacy is doing it's job quite well despite the resources, so is govt of India.

I don't think vaccine exports or donations have been a problem. In all these are 6-7 Carore. In a country of 130 carore, these are not even 5%. In current crisis, these would have been too small to matter. I am with MEA on this, our outrage is misplaced here and more "ideological" than practical.

The real culprit are :
1. The lack of prepration in our health care system. Oxygen, supplies of drugs and hospital beds are main issues. These should have been stockpiled and installed and operationalized last year latest. This is beyond any reason and is criminal. All the deaths due to this are simply criminal. This was not expensive, not hard and was way obvious. I mean China made hospitals in matter of days, I guess we could have made tin-shades with some straw for insulation in matter of months at worst? Is Installing a new oxygen concentrator really that hard? Leave that is floating a tender when there is 3000 Carore available, really that hard?

2. Procurement of vaccine manufacturing supplies. USA invoked DPA pretty late for vaccine manufacturing supplies like Bio reactor bags, culture media, filters, tubings etc. When trump asked for all the HCQ last year, we should have bartered massive amounts of such items to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these items in our pharma industry. 2-3 billions, maximum 5 billions would have been enough to procure these items. Most of pharama in USA at that time did not have the scale (it was ramped up later). We missed this bad. When UK reached out for vaccine supply to us, we should have asked them to supply us the required supplies first. Same with Germany etc. If we had these items, we would be producing upward of 200-300 million doses of vaccines every month. Enough to speed up our vaccination and to even supply abroad. There should have been a covid task force working closely with pharma industry to ensure there are enough national stockpiles of these supplies so that there are no impediments to scale up production.

None of these are political issues. All of these are criminal administrative callousness and incompetence and negligence. They fall squarely in the lap of beaurocracy. IAS et el need to be punished. They should be shot dead along with their families in public so that no one dares to take such matters non-seriously in future.
I have shared the link to keep track of countries being supplied the medicine, in a positive way, you have taken it otherwise mate.

@RISING SUN i was shifted to hospital on 5th day. I will narrate what happen for next 13 days of my admission.

Day 1: ( admission ) > my fever was 101.2 and was rising , my SPo2 level was 87%. They provided me a bed and gave me oxygen mask and paracetamol immediately and few medicine and started my covid treatment course.
( Checking SPo2 level , glucose level , BP level ).
by nightfall my SPo2% was above 90% again and fever below 100. by 3 AM night. They took my blood sample 4 tube full.

Day 2 :

• morning. Test > checking glucose level, BP level , oxygen level. Blood sample was taken again.

Injection started > 1 insulin in stomach , 1 Anticoagulant injection in my shoulder. Medicine tablet , paracetamol , some other medicine.

• afternoon lunch time > checking glucose level , oxygen level + 1 insulin injection in stomach + medicine.

• evening > checking glucose level , oxygen level, BP level + 1 insulin injection in stomach + medicine.

• 2 AM nightfall > checking SPo2 level again.

• 4 AM nightfall > checking Spo2 level again.

Day 3 : same course repeated .
but on day 3 they did an X ray. same night a canuala was put in my hand. Probably since i have started developing pneumonia.

Injection > 1 big anti bacterial injection was given through canuala + 1 steroid injection.

• 2 AM nightfall > checking glucose , SPo2 level + they give me medicine.

Day 4 > morning. I lost taste of food. I consulted doctor , he said it was due to covid. Same course was repeated but this time there was 5 extra injection ( 3 big anti bacterial + 2 steroid + i got a drip also.

So total i started getting around 10 injection daily from 4th day onwards.

Day 5 > my situation started deteriorating. I started continuous coughing , my oxygen level drop and started hovering between 80-85%. Fever was 103 + .
I couldn't even move 2 steps, i wanted to go to toilet so bad but i couldn't. Doctor recommended urinary catheter but i refused. I manage to hold thinking it will be over by evening. God i was wrong and it almost cost me my life.

Thing continue like this whole day. I didn't eat anything , i couldn't. by nightfall i was hallucinating. I didn't eat anything again.

By 2 AM night i was unable to hold it anymore. There was no nurses, there was a camera in my room for monitoring purposes but there was no response. I stood up , took a deep breath and made a dash toward toilet. Dash lasted only 10 meter and i was a done deal and back to bed with oxygen mask on. I sat there for next half an hour. I tried again this time slowly and manage to reach toilet.

The moment i came outside ,i lost it. my breath stop and i collapsed outside toilet. I thought this was it, i am going to die. I was gasping for air. i was like WTF not here not now , not in toilet damnit.

as i was about to fade , suddenly a nurse came from nowhere ( she was actually on a room next door checking a covid patient on ECMO machine.)
It's only by chance she saw me lying on floor ( my leg was sticking outside toilet door ) and came running. i told her i can't breath.
She ran to next floor and more nurses came. They brought a wheel chair and shifted me to ICU.
My SPo2 level was 75% and fever 103.

2 Doctors arrive 15 minutes later and changed my oxygen mask. This one cover my whole face. a ventilator was put on hold. after some discussion they decided if my situation did not improve by morning they will shift me to ventilator. Doctor again recommend urinary catheter but i refused again. So they put a man diaper which i accepted.

They give me medicine , and i went to sleep.

To be continued .....

Can you tell what is your age?
Do you drink/smoke?
Do you have regular exercise like gym?

Can you tell what is your age?
Do you drink/smoke?
Do you have regular exercise like gym?
I am in late 20s. No i don't drink and smoke. and i go to gym once a week. I am waiting for my CT & MRI result which will come by Monday . Virus has done some damage to my lungs , recovery will take time according to doctor.

Reactions: fyodor