South Indian Politics : Discussions

Why're you commenting on this clowns threads ? He quotes articles on goddamn AIDWA members on the what it means to be a Lingayat. it's like asking a eunuch on penetration or a *censored* to comment on chastity. The best people to answer such radicals are radicals of another kind - the Sanatan Sanstha. Let those two sets of loons sort it out and as & when the Congress under another self declared atheist Niddheramiah aids the creation of the Lingayat as another religion , be rest assured it'd be challenged in the courts and what's more the reasons why this group is seeking such a status which owes more to having full control over their religious and educational institutions as minority ones enjoy a great deal of autonomy , the act itself will also come under scrutiny if Modi led BJP will be in power then leading to a review of the autonomy such groups enjoy .

Just sit back and watch the fun.

But in the meantime, what about the possibility of Congress breaking BJP's Lingayat votebank with such a move? As you already said yesterday, you think Congress will scrape through in Karnataka, surely this doesn't help the BJP's chances then.

But in the meantime, what about the possibility of Congress breaking BJP's Lingayat votebank with such a move? As you already said yesterday, you think Congress will scrape through in Karnataka, surely this doesn't help the BJP's chances then.
I seriously doubt that Congress will win. Worst case scenario will be BJP might not get majority on it's own. In spite of all the scams and changes in leadership, in 2013 election BJP and KJP (Yeddi's party) got around 30% vote compared to 36% for Congress. Even 3-4% vote swing will ensure win for BJP.

Reactions: Aravind and RATHORE
I seriously doubt that Congress will win. Worst case scenario will be BJP might not get majority on it's own. In spite of all the scams and changes in leadership, in 2013 election BJP and KJP (Yeddi's party) got around 30% vote compared to 36% for Congress. Even 3-4% vote swing will ensure win for BJP.

That's much more re-assuring, and while it's not an ideal situation, I'm pretty sure JDS will end up supporting BJP in a hung assembly.

I think its ripe for myself to demand separate religion for we worship have Ayyanars as Rural deities. Hope my kids get separate religion nods for reservation......... ;)

This is exactly why any reservation based on anything heritable will lead to ridiculousness. All the free-loading PoS will swarm for a new religion since caste has already been taken. Makes entire affirmative action a joke.

• Agree
Reactions: RATHORE and Bali78
That is Secularism according to our Urban Naxals and Libtards of Sickularim. Congress clutching for straws ,temple runs,separate religion,separate state flag etc. everything Separate. Suddenly, they started saying 'I am a Hindu' and writing novels like ' Why i am a Hindu' nowdays, Too bad, they were 70 years late for that train, when it already left the platform. :p

Rahul Gandhi goes to a shiva temple, and calls himself "janeu dhari hindu"

Lingayats by definition are "linga worshipping people" - Linga as in Shiva Linga

Congress now supports Lingayats as "separate from Hinduism".

Looks like Rahul Gandhi went to Shiva temple and converted Shiva out of Hinduism.

It is not a communal divide bro. We are seeing the birth of a new religion, very exciting:love:. Veerashaiva had tried to hijack the leadership of Lingayat community and failed miserably.
Who benefited from Hindutwa ?
Who will benefit from this? the Lingayat community. This beyond the politics of Congress BJP.
Diversity is good.

"birth of a new religion"
lingayats worship Linga - as in Shiva Linga who is wholly part of Hindu Dharma - unless Rahul Gandhi and Congress went back in time to convert Shiva out of Hinduism

egging people to split in the name of religion is communalism.

"veerashaiva tried to hijack leadership of Lingayat community" - how many years do we want to live like this? separated by communities? Indians are to be led by Indians. period. when you get "veershaiva", "lingayat" - just replace them with any two arbitrary religions - hindu/muslim.
would you support "muslims have highjacked of Hindu community rights in some places, now Hindus want their temples back whatever was destroyed by muslims"?

Kamal Haasan decides to quit acting for the sake of politics

Chennai, Feb 14: Film buffs across the world are surely going to miss Kamal Haasan, the great actor, as the superstar has decided to quit acting for the sake of politics."Except for the two films which are coming out, there will be no more films for me," Haasan told India Today during an interview at Harvard University in Boston on Tuesday.

Read more at: Kamal Haasan decides to quit acting for the sake of politics

Chennai, Feb 14: Film buffs across the world are surely going to miss Kamal Haasan, the great actor, as the superstar has decided to quit acting for the sake of politics."Except for the two films which are coming out, there will be no more films for me," Haasan told India Today during an interview at Harvard University in Boston on Tuesday.

A very good decision as he is well past his expiry date in acting.

I feel like resuming my betting habit . Come 2019 I expect the Odds offered would be 5:1 in favour of Kamal Hassan's party or whatever outfit he has drawing a blank in next year's Central elections in spite of him contesting them , if he does , which I think he will . To add to the absurdity that is TN politics , he's stated that he would not have any truck with Rajni if his politics had a saffron tinge to it . All this while I thought the theatre of the absurd was in Kashmir or Bongo. Your views @Vicky ?

Last edited:
A very good decision as he is well past his expiry date in acting.

Hope he quickly passes his expiry date in politics too. He's just the same old Dravidian wine in a "new" (63 year old) bottle. Not to mention, being a Brahmin, I really wonder how much popular support he'll be able to gather in a state like TN? This is also without considering that he's always been more of an art/niche type actor, not a hero of the masses like Rajinikanth.

I feel like resuming my betting habit . Come 2019 I expect the Odds offered would be 5:1 in favour of Kamal Hassan's party or whatever outfit he has drawing a blank in next year's Central elections including him contesting them . To add to the absursity that is TN politics , he's Stated that he would not have any truck with Rajni if his politics had a saffron tinge to it . All this while I thought the theatre of the absurd was in Kashmir or Bongo. Your views @Vicky ?

All depends on Rajini. After Rajini announced his plunge there is no big political statements from Rajini. All parties are now attacking him claiming Rajini is not voicing on issues that concern state and centre. But he is currently organising his party.
If he works vigorously then there is a chance of him getting an decent share. Next election I believe people will vote for stability ie DMK. Rajini at best can corner 30 seats 30/234. Kamal will draw a blank or 4-5 seats in Urban areas. He wont get votes in Rural/Town regions. In Chennai/Coimbatore possible yes. That's why Kamal is starting his political journey now. To get a headstart. But he doesnt have such members in Rajini's fan club.

Rajini's vote share rising is directly proportional to the dismal performance of AIADMK govt in next 3 years(if it stands).

• Informative
Reactions: _Anonymous_
These movements/ideologies aren't just restricted to the one or two states where their political wings are in power. There are plenty of anti-nationals scattered across the rest of the country as well, and for them, their movement/ideology comes before the country.

And I feel that to the slightest degree, a state has the right to alert the nation to any concerns it may have regarding national issues if they actually affect the state (i.e. border states), although I agree that no state should have veto power over foreign relations the way Tamil Nadu and Bengal have often had. But I don't agree that state disturbances are totally off limits to the nation. Beyond a certain point, it becomes national business because it still jeopardizes national security. And if there is a state like Kerala or Bengal where the state government is clearly not prioritizing the national interest or is turning a blind eye to certain things for electoral gain; then it becomes the central government's right and responsibility to intervene.

You do remember right that state populations are also the citizens of the country? One of the most stupid policies any govt can do is ignore its own population for an strategic depth in some other country elsewhere. First lesson of Chanakya needhi Keep your own population with you at all costs.
And every state has an voice over foreign relations on particular issues.

I feel like resuming my betting habit . Come 2019 I expect the Odds offered would be 5:1 in favour of Kamal Hassan's party or whatever outfit he has drawing a blank in next year's Central elections including him contesting them . To add to the absursity that is TN politics , he's Stated that he would not have any truck with Rajni if his politics had a saffron tinge to it . All this while I thought the theatre of the absurd was in Kashmir or Bongo. Your views @Vicky ?

My take on the issue is that Tamilnadu has just about 9% muslims and many Hindus are willing to accept a Tamil identity rather than a north Indian Identity. Even after Mahabharatha war, the south Indian Kingdoms were not won over but accepted Pandavas as their king. I am very sure that this left wing and secular agenda will fail if BJP tags along with Rajnikanth's party and this idiot and self styled secular Kamal Hassan will fall on the road side. The new set up in TN will not be as bi polar as AIADMK and DMK but one sided between Rajini+BJP and others.

My take on the issue is that Tamilnadu has just about 9% muslims and many Hindus are willing to accept a Tamil identity rather than a north Indian Identity. Even after Mahabharatha war, the south Indian Kingdoms were not won over but accepted Pandavas as their king. I am very sure that this left wing and secular agenda will fail if BJP tags along with Rajnikanth's party and this idiot and self styled secular Kamal Hassan will fall on the road side. The new set up in TN will not be as bi polar as AIADMK and DMK but one sided between Rajini+BJP and others.

Proportion of Muslims in terms of percentage of the total populace doesn't exceed 6%. Besides , in TN identity based politics rules i.e that of language , caste and region not strictly in that order . Communal identity politics doesn't carry any weight for the reasons given above. The BJP doesn't enjoy any heft in TN . Even the RSS doesn't enjoy much following down there as compared to a state like Kerala .

I heard Rajini isnt doing as well as everyone predicted. what are his chances? I'm not so familiar with TN politics, just the basics.

You do remember right that state populations are also the citizens of the country? One of the most stupid policies any govt can do is ignore its own population for an strategic depth in some other country elsewhere. First lesson of Chanakya needhi Keep your own population with you at all costs.
And every state has an voice over foreign relations on particular issues.

Not at all. There's not a single state in India that's more important than the greater national interest. Entertaining that sort of nonsense is only going to snowball and lead to exceedingly ridiculous demands from more and more states. And I don't remotely see how Chankaya's teachings/beliefs support your point. He spoke of using all means necessary, including hard power, to achieve practical aims; and he spoke of the nation/empire being above all else. Which means, no matter what the population of one state wants, if it conflicts with the greater national interest, you handle them by any means necessary. As far as citizens are concerned; Sikhs of Punjab, Kashmiri Muslims, Northeasterners and Naxals are all Indian citizens belonging to one state or another as well...

But will people vote for him when it's so obvious that he's gonna tie up with BJP sooner or later?

But will people vote for him when it's so obvious that he's gonna tie up with BJP sooner or later?
Didn't affect the AIADMK or the DMK when they allied with the BJP. I don't see why it should affect the front Rajni heads . He's going about things the right way by building up the organization and focussing on the 2020-21 state elections . The central elections next year would be a trailer - something to test the waters . Having said that , I don't think the BJP is looking to align with Rajni for next year though that option is open . Their first preference would be the DMK.

P.S - I think the future of the AIADMK should hold good lessons for all those unifigure regional parties whose existence derives totally from the fortunes of their head viz BSP , TMC and perhaps the PDP. By all indications the AIADMK is on the sunset journey after its tryst with power in the last 2-3 decades of its existence.

Reactions: RATHORE