Look what I found...
InkedIA RR PC_LI.jpg

AFAIK thats a regular RR dude... WTF is wrong with our special forces??

Attachments

• InkedIA RR PC_LI.jpg
    InkedIA RR PC_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 177
If its being made in India, I'd like to see the army to go Car-816s for the whole 360000 carbine tender. They just can't have too many different guns. Simply not possible to train a regular infantry Jawan on 4 different platforms.

Though I still have reservations about 5.56mm rifles for CQB as opposed to 7.62*39.
But, considering things now, I'd be happy if MoD babus approve this..

• Agree
Reactions: Lolwa and Gautam
The NSG has the DMR variant of the Sig 716 in service. You need a good adjustable power scope for that. BEL's Trinetra is not enough.

Notice the difference in rails of the 2 variants. The DMR is a bit lighter on the front end.
What’s the difference apart from scopes, bipods and slightly extended barrel length ?

We can always order few barrels with extended length and appropriate twist rate if DI is not going to limit the functionality.
Scopes and bipods are standard fit I believe
Not gonna actually happen. IA Northern Comd has floated a tender for upgradation of Dragunov. 90 in first batch, rest later.

We need more DMRs. Dragunov numbers are not enough.
We have 6k-7k Drags. And there is a tender for 3k+ .338 sniper rifle. We have enough for Frontlines. Just gotta upgrade them. If they are still inadequate, the present Sig 716 with a suppressor and a good Low power variable optic will suffice.
Numbers aren't the problem, training is. Army doesn't have institution or even a course for sniper or marksman training. All marksmen in the army are just normal Jawans with really good (accurate) shooting skills. Army cultivates born shooters, as opposed to giving everybody a chance and adequate training..

Reactions: Lolwa
We have 6k-7k Drags. And there is a tender for 3k+ .338 sniper rifle. We have enough for Frontlines. Just gotta upgrade them. If they are still inadequate, the present Sig 716 with a suppressor and a good Low power variable optic will suffice.
Numbers aren't the problem, training is. Army doesn't have institution or even a course for sniper or marksman training. All marksmen in the army are just normal Jawans with really good (accurate) shooting skills. Army cultivates born shooters, as opposed to giving everybody a chance and adequate training..
The dmr's will be in 7.62x51. would be good if we buy the sr-25 or the lmt l129 both DI and exceptional reliable gun designs and training won't be much different to the sig 716 with interchangeable mags and ammunition. Sadly knights armament won't pitch there guns butt lmt has a JV with SSS defense so we could see them winning...