Off-Topic Chit-Chat

IAF isn't interested in mounting Brahmos-NG on Mk1A. That integration isn't worth the effort.
Brahmos-NG would remain confined to MKI.

@randomradio Can you validate ? Any comments ?

Mk1A can be integrated with it. It's gonna become part of our push for exports as well. It can provide a massive firepower boost to countries like Vietnam and Philippines against the PLAN at minimal costs. Merely 1 squadron with the missiles will provide more capability than the 40 MKIs with Brahmos-A, so it's definitely worth it.

Many of our fighter jets will carry it, not just the MKI.

Anyway:
new-brahmos-missile-will-take-down-enemy-force-multipliers.jpg

Thank you Sathya for your well wishes I have recovered, it triggered some heart issues they need to be sorted out otherwise all is well.

Hello Sir thanks for asking, got infected with Covid, a lot is going on in personal as well as professional life. Missed this forum and the beautiful people around here.

Thank you anonymous, sathya yes I have :D

Congrats on beating the virus. And welcome back.

Reactions: BlackOpsIndia
Yeah world revolves around amit. :ROFLMAO:

*Click Bait*
Well, your world certainly does which is why you quoted him.

I've time & again advised you to create your own channel & broadcast "only truth ". Instead you prefer to burn from jealousy on what others do to mint money & focus on them to your own detriment.

It's not a good habit. Take it from someone who's seen more of life than you.But you seem to be one of those ones who'd rather fall in a ditch than go with the benefit of someone's experience.

Well, your world certainly does which is why you quoted him.

I've time & again advised you to create your own channel & broadcast "only truth ". Instead you prefer to burn from jealousy on what others do to mint money & focus on them to your own detriment.

It's not a good habit. Take it from someone who's seen more of life than you.But you seem to be one of those ones who'd rather fall in a ditch than go with the benefit of someone's experience.
Take some actual journalist's work repackage it and post it with misrepresentation/clickbait title without giving credit.

I would prefer earning with some honest work. Also thank you for the wisdom.

Take some actual journalist's work repackage it and post it with misrepresentation/clickbait title without giving credit.

I would prefer earning with some honest work. Also thank you for the wisdom.
Well if you knew it's click bait, why did you click on it. If you didn't & realised it after you viewed it, why did you share it here. All you're doing is increasing traffic on his channel thus unintentionally contributing to his revenue. On behalf of Ameit, let me thank you for this gesture though you didn't intend it.

Not really. I like to click on clickbait to show its clickbait. By which others can identify those easily and avoid such outlets. Take it as a practical tip, unlike your wisdom.
That's where you're wrong. Isn't Republic TV clickbait? Look at their TRPs though. Why do people still go to it then? It's very simple. It's called guilty pleasures. Just like how you visit Trishul & Defense Decode. I see you've a lot to learn about this mystery called life. You're in luck. I'm around & in a generous mood. Do keep coming back to me for more gyaan. Will be happy to oblige.

Yeah, everything depends on the viewer. But i believe people here are better than that. Im sure you would agree.
Thanks for admitting that visiting Trishul & DDC is part of your guilty pleasures trip. BTW - Ameit doesn't depend on this blogs members & guests for his viewership. His channel has around 2 lakh subscribers & on an average each of his videos gets a viewership of a 2-3 lakhs. Do the math, Imagine the money he makes & don't have a breakdown while doing so.

No fun you keep deflecting. I define guilty pleasure differently I guess. Once a source is proven to be BS. It goes into the filter.
You've been criticizing PKS & Trishul for years. Yet that hasn't prevented you from quoting from it or sharing it's articles here. Ditto for DDC now. In anyone's book that's guilty pleasures. For you it's a coping mechanism.

I dont have any problem with PKS. His analysis of the past is worth reading. And he puts effort into going to events and interacting with people, unlike the clickbait generators.

Your inability to come above binaries in life reflects here. Maybe that's my wisdom for you.
Yet, you've gone on record here claiming he deals in semi fiction. In anyone's book that's hardly a source worth referencing. Yet you did so on numerous occasions. You're trying to deal in nuances now when taking absolute positions in the past . That's called attempts at rationalization in retrospect - a coping mechanism, at best.

You were saying something about binaries.

Maybe read again, "his analysis of the past is worth reading" and the future is still semi-fiction.
This is called retrospective rationalization. It's like arguing with randomradio.Constantly engaging with him has rubbed off on you.Anyway, I've my own kids to handle. Can't baby sit kids online. I suggest you re engage with randomradio. Toodles.

What are you writing man?. I'm saying PKS's analysis is good when he is doing it on a past event opposite to his predictions and conjecture about future. I'm not rationalizing his predictions. All are BS semi-fiction which random can do a better job of.
This is getting tedious. Sort of what happens when the joke you attempt to pull on others blows up on you.

You're claiming now that PKS's analysis of past events are accurate & worth reading. In previous discussions you trashed him as merely a writer of semi fiction without qualifing your statement with this exception.

It's these actions that would get anyone to term them as a lack of nuance & rationalization in retrospect. Hope this clarification helps achieve closure for I've no intention of pursuing this which seems to have gone beyond harmless banter into uncharted waters.

You simply don't understand the word retrospect or don't want to. Also misses nuances in every argument and want to put it in a binary.

You are adamant that one cannot appreciate a writter's analysis skill if he has criticised his fiction writing skill.

I don't have to explain what part of a writer I appreciate everytime when I am being critical of him. It is my prerogative. Without that information you can't judge it's retrospective or not.

It is getting tedious? 2022 feel ?

IMG_20200901_114728.jpg

Thank you Sathya for your well wishes I have recovered, it triggered some heart issues they need to be sorted out otherwise all is well.

Hello Sir thanks for asking, got infected with Covid, a lot is going on in personal as well as professional life. Missed this forum and the beautiful people around here.

Welcome back mate!!!! Good to hear that you have chased the virus and back in good health!!!!

Welcome back ! Glad to hear you are ok. My aunt & my cousin had caught COVID too. They have recovered as well. Took quite the toll on them and the whole family. I hope you and your family are coping better.

Not at all. We are not playing the defensive game in a 2 front war. Our objective is to decimate the PA and then move our forces towards China. Once we have our forces moved towards China, whether we play defence or go on the offensive is up to the situation at hand.

Our objective may well be to decimate PA. The fact that we haven't done so in the time we could (w/o being overtly concerned about China)itself speaks volumes of not only what the civilian leadership thought of the IA's capabilities but other related factors like N blackmail by Pakistan. Today the situation is radically different.This isn't including the civilian leadership not providing the IA with the equipment they needed to prosecute such a ( single front against Pakistan) war nor does it account for the civilian leadership's own pussilanimity. May I add all these factors still stand. That too in a single front war not to speak of a 2 front war.

Read the above. Our plan was to take out East Pak, and then go on the offensive against the West.

I think you need to read the above. Having done so repeat it till you internalize it completely. If we couldn't do it in 1971 where we faced a 3 front scenario ( East & West Pakistan + China ) where our friendship treaty with the then SU made them move a few divisions to the Chinese border - enough to alarm the Chinese into moving their armed forces marked for India to counter the SU's mobilisation, we're faced with the same situation today.

Replace E Pakistan with China & the equation remains the same. We did have adequate resources to fight on both fronts of Pakistan but not enough to prevail on both.

Funnily even Ravi says this, but you seem to have dismissed it.

Did I? Or did you?

The minute you said that you failed to understand the topic.

I think we can save the unintended laughs you provide for the end not in between unless like Hindi films of yore where when the melodrama got too heavy a comedy track or a song was introduced as an interlude. I don't mind.

The very topic was about killing enemies from beyond their ability to react. That's where precision weapons come into the picture.

The way you have taken it to mean, air forces had the capability to hit moving targets since WW1. No precision weapons involved here. Just spray and pray with a machine gun.

Today it's about taking out enemies long before their defences come into play. Take the Rafale for example. It comes with the Hammer, it has the ability to kill a moving target long before ground defences can even pick up the Rafale. Your example of dive bombing is no different from what could be done with a helicopter during the Vietnam War, and obviously not my point, since it was a very normal capability. The fighter jets during the Battle of Longewala also hit moving targets using 2nd generation technology. So it's obvious I'm not talking about this.

You do dive bombing today, right over your enemy, then you won't stop diving.

Thanks for the education. It was much appreciated.In case you didn't notice all this started when you claimed that military planners in the early to mid 20th century or even a few decades later couldn't target moving targets for they lacked suitable assets. Now we're resorting to one upmanship as usual.

Not at all. Don't confuse your ignorance by pretending I'm making things up.

My ignorance vs your BS. Fair trade, I'd say.

This is exactly what I said: Today A2G weapons and even artillery can hit moving targets.

Which in turn implies exactly what I've posted above that military commanders lacked suitable assets to target moving vehicles which as we both know wasn't the case but dead horses are meant to be flogged aren't they. I mean what other utility do dead horses provide if we can't even flog them.

Any reasonable person would have understood I am referring to modern precision weapons with standoff capability. And anyone who's had a history of reading my posts with me parrotting my points constantly knows I am referring to precision weapons, since I have never stopped discussing precision weapons every chance I get. So it's you who's incorrectly assuming things on your own. Don't pin this on me.

Alas! Brevity died the day you were born. Loquaciousness has a new synonym. It's official.

What he said is what the army believes, so does the air force. You are free to disagree with the army and air force.

Fair assessment.

I am referring to how Ravi believes the numbers are necessary since he believes the air force is not going to do its part.

As for his unrealistic timeframe, read his twitter post you posted again and then read what you think Falcon posted.

Which is why I asked you have you read the book? You neatly side stepped the answer. This is a question I've posed to @Falcon too for which I didn't receive a satisfactory answer. Let me pose it again.

Invasion of PoK is one thing & sanitizing it another. There's a lot of mopping up to be done before we can declare final victory . We may well reach the Wakhan corridor in 2 weeks or less. We'd then be up against a heavily armed restive local populace within after we've achieved our objectives. Have you considered that? That's what he's meant when he gave a TL of 60-90 days.

We can well divert the IA to the eastern front then & send CAPFs with the RR ( perhaps) & a minimal presence of the IA to undertake such operations . How effective would it be against a heavily armed local populace with a history of having a cottage industry of small arms & ammo apart from a gun culture is anyone's guess.

Hint : Iraq : Hint : Afghanistan.

But you can keep papering over the cracks.

Yeah...... I doubt you have the ability to relate what you said here with what I've said.

Yes. What can I say? I usually start boozing every evening at 5 . Which is why I posted what I did. Pulled it off totally from my hat.

It that so? Really? Ask again.

Ravi thinks we need months to defeat Pak, while Falcon says we need a week or two. So that's a minor difference of opinion, eh?

Already Answered above.

What's there to confront about? He himself says he's not paid too much attention to logistics.
I ask you again. Have you read his book? This is important for he's articulated all the points you've raised & more in great detail in his book. What he's posting on Twitter w.r.t what's happening on the LAC are merely bullet points as it were which flows from all the theories he's written about in his book.

He's predicted the present incursion down to a T with eerie accuracy. Probably one of the few ones if not the only one who did so. The Chinese seem to have taken a leaf out of his playbook .

Correct me if I'm wrong for you have a copy of his book which you were poised to read a few months ago as you had posted then ! @Jaymax

But, you won't confront him on Twitter. Why am I not surprised?

And he's also suggested he's not considered the air force to be of significant use either. He's basically even dismissed the air force's role in CAS, by saying the air force won't support the army's offensive in any major way. He literally made only 1 minor attempt to create an orbat for CAS and then said the IAF won't do it anyway, so he won't bother with it.

Pls refer to the above paragraph.

He basically puts up China-Pak orbat in numbers, and then puts up a massive 72-division requirement for the IA to defeat both forces. His work is indeed impressive, but it's not a real world analysis, probably why it was even allowed to be published. IIRC he claims we need 40-50 divisions against Pakistan and 20+ divisions against China. And the way he did it is by calculating the length of the front and then putting up a division for every 40Km or so for the Pakistan front. And then creating a massive reserve force to follow up on the work of the frontline forces.

Isn't the ratio of attacking forces supposed to be 4:1 or 5:1 in the Himalayas or even in the mountainous Kashmir / PoK sector? Are we referring to winning the war only or winning the peace too. Let me further elaborate on the paragraph above. Do we hold the cities great cost while the countryside is infested with armed misreants running riot ? That's the difference between winning the war & winning the peace.

Napoleon fought the Battle of Borodino & entered a burning Moscow sometime later expecting the Russians to surrender except they had different ideas. He went with more than half a million men in his Russian campaign & returned to Paris with less than 6000.

At the end of the day irrespective of the CMs & BMs you fire, the aircrafts you have dominating the sky above, there's no substitute for boots on the ground.

His entire premise is the IA has to fight alone, hence it needs such numbers. Who on earth can agree to such an analysis? The entire army is of the opinion that their entire division to brigade reorganisation will fail without air force support. Completely in antithesis to what Ravi claims.
I think I've elaborated my point in the above paragraphs.

There's no real mention of logistics anywhere in the book. In fact, I read his book to understand what his views were on logistics. But it was literally a zero there. All he talks about is by giving some examples of roads and rail and some general numbers. Not even worth a paragraph. Hence no analysis of logistics at all.
I'm asking you for a third time if you've read the full book & not just snatches ?

LOL!!! The existing orbat of the army versus a civilian analyst who himself claims readers should take his book with a pinch of salt.
He was being modest. You, of course, have nothing to be modest about being an over achiever.

His entire book is based on the assumption that the army is wrong and he is right. Hence why he himself doesn't agree with the army's assessment. So... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Your interpretation & the laughter are yours alone. Which reminds me of that old phrase, something that must invite your "know all" derisive laughter -
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Our objective may well be to decimate PA. The fact that we haven't done so in the time we could (w/o being overtly concerned about China)itself speaks volumes of not only what the civilian leadership thought of the IA's capabilities but other related factors like N blackmail by Pakistan. Today the situation is radically different.This isn't including the civilian leadership not providing the IA with the equipment they needed to prosecute such a ( single front against Pakistan) war nor does it account for the civilian leadership's own pussilanimity. May I add all these factors still stand. That too in a single front war not to speak of a 2 front war.

None of those reasons. I have already answered this in another thread. Until we get the ability to challenge the US, we can't change status quo.

I think we can save the unintended laughs you provide for the end not in between unless like Hindi films of yore where when the melodrama got too heavy a comedy track or a song was introduced as an interlude. I don't mind.

Thanks for the education. It was much appreciated.In case you didn't notice all this started when you claimed that military planners in the early to mid 20th century or even a few decades later couldn't target moving targets for they lacked suitable assets. Now we're resorting to one upmanship as usual.

My ignorance vs your BS. Fair trade, I'd say.

Which in turn implies exactly what I've posted above that military commanders lacked suitable assets to target moving vehicles which as we both know wasn't the case but dead horses are meant to be flogged aren't they. I mean what other utility do dead horses provide if we can't even flog them.

Alas! Brevity died the day you were born. Loquaciousness has a new synonym. It's official.

Fair assessment.

So much BS. Literally nothing to do with anything except reverting back to your usual MO.

Which is why I asked you have you read the book? You neatly side stepped the answer. This is a question I've posed to @Falcon too for which I didn't receive a satisfactory answer. Let me pose it again.

Of course, I've read his book. Even after pointing out intimate details in his book, you haven't picked up on those details. Amazing. Have you actually read his book? Let me repharase it: Did you understand what's he's written in the book?

Invasion of PoK is one thing & sanitizing it another. There's a lot of mopping up to be done before we can declare final victory . We may well reach the Wakhan corridor in 2 weeks or less. We'd then be up against a heavily armed restive local populace within after we've achieved our objectives. Have you considered that? That's what he's meant when he gave a TL of 60-90 days.

There you go. Confusing conventional war with an insurgency.

And no, ask Ravi if you want to, he is referring to a conventional war.

But you can keep papering over the cracks.

Google "conventional warfare".

Yes. What can I say? I usually start boozing every evening at 5 . Which is why I posted what I did. Pulled it off totally from my hat.

Already Answered above.

Pretty much explains all your posts.

I ask you again. Have you read his book? This is important for he's articulated all the points you've raised & more in great detail in his book. What he's posting on Twitter w.r.t what's happening on the LAC are merely bullet points as it were which flows from all the theories he's written about in his book.

He's predicted the present incursion down to a T with eerie accuracy. Probably one of the few ones if not the only one who did so. The Chinese seem to have taken a leaf out of his playbook .

There are only a few important geographies around the LAC that all analysts know of. And all the action has been happening around those areas since the last many decades.

Let me explain what he's said and what you've gotten out of it.
Ravi: So a cricket match is going to be played at Mohali. And balls are gonna be bowled and runs are gonna be run.
You: Oh, wow! That's amazing. He's explained the match to a T. Wah! Take my money! Etc etc.

Why are you so impressed only because a person pointed out some people will be squatting on empty land? Both IA and PLA have operated under these conditions for decades. He was stating the obvious, which is obviously a gem to the ignorant.

Isn't the ratio of attacking forces supposed to be 4:1 or 5:1 in the Himalayas or even in the mountainous Kashmir / PoK sector? Are we referring to winning the war only or winning the peace too. Let me further elaborate on the paragraph above. Do we hold the cities great cost while the countryside is infested with armed misreants running riot ? That's the difference between winning the war & winning the peace.

Napoleon fought the Battle of Borodino & entered a burning Moscow sometime later expecting the Russians to surrender except they had different ideas. He went with more than half a million men in his Russian campaign & returned to Paris with less than 6000.

At the end of the day irrespective of the CMs & BMs you fire, the aircrafts you have dominating the sky above, there's no substitute for boots on the ground.

No relation to what's in the book and what you're saying.

Once again: Google "conventional warfare".

He was being modest. You, of course, have nothing to be modest about being an over achiever.

So he was modestly admitting he could be wrong. Case closed.

Your interpretation & the laughter are yours alone. Which reminds me of that old phrase, something that must invite your "know all" derisive laughter -
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Yep. All you have to offer is ad-hominems, nothing else. Congrats.

And interestingly, it's you being certain that he is right. I am the one doubting what he says. You are the one who brought these "certainties" to a topic that has no real answers. Mr. Russell here is talking about you. Dude, you have very basic comprehension issues. It's clear you haven't understood his book.

Last edited:
None of those reasons. I have already answered this in another thread. Until we get the ability to challenge the US, we can't change status quo.
We don't need to challenge the US. We only need to bide our time. In the years before 9/11 Pakistan had pretty much unwavering US support. Today, you can guess what's it like. The situation today & tomorrow is so fluid there's no saying when the US decides they've had it with Pakistan. But if our armed forces are ill prepared or our vacuous leadership vacillates or any of the other reasons I've touched upon above comes into play , of what good is any US support .

So much BS. Literally nothing to do with anything except reverting back to your usual MO.

I'm told I reciprocate the manner in which my counterpart interacts with me. If you think it's BS, you now know where it's coming from.

Of course, I've read his book. Even after pointing out intimate details in his book, you haven't picked up on those details. Amazing. Have you actually read his book? Let me repharase it: Did you understand what's he's written in the book?
Please point out the word paragraph chapter since it's obvious your comprehension power is far far superior to mine. I can't even begin to say how privileged our lot is to behold your writings & opinions. It's worth it's weight in gold - the kind which comes out of my backside at 7 am in the morning come rain or shine.

There you go. Confusing conventional war with an insurgency.

So, an insurgency - whether a high level or a low level one post a war or even during it is something to be waved off with gesture of one's hand, isn't it? I'd rather you'd have come up with a solution of total war by the IA which deliberately targets the civilians in PoK to get them out of that place in much the same way that the PA targeted the Bangladeshis during Operation Searchlight. That could be accomplished by our existing force levels with the CAPF's handling the aftermath leaving the IA free to wheel east.It'd brought us tremendous opprobrium but it's either them or our boys spending decades pacifying the country with their precious lives & our state expending billions. Besides, we could always claim them as collateral damage. But this thought never occurred to you. For good reason too. You can imagine only what your intellect & experience allows you to. This is precisely why I call you an upstart with half baked knowledge.

And no, ask Ravi if you want to, he is referring to a conventional war.
I thought you had major differences with him. You know what to do. At least I would, if I were in your place. But I'm not & you're too chicken to make an attempt or even admit it.

Google "conventional warfare".

Google pacification & no it doesn't have anything to do with a pacifier as much as you need it.

Pretty much explains all your posts.

Remember what did I tell you about reciprocation. Scroll up a few paragraphs.

There are only a few important geographies around the LAC that all analysts know of. And all the action has been happening around those areas since the last many decades.

Did I claim otherwise?

Let me explain what he's said and what you've gotten out of it.
Ravi: So a cricket match is going to be played at Mohali. And balls are gonna be bowled and runs are gonna be run.
You: Oh, wow! That's amazing. He's explained the match to a T. Wah! Take my money! Etc etc.
Pretty much explains what you got out of reading his book. Did I tell you of Rasiklal from my childhood . He came to Bombay from Jaipur to do what else but star in hindi films.One day he happened to chance upon a photograph of Rakesh Roshan with a bald pate . When he learnt that RR was suffering from hair loss he despaired. If that fool could make it somewhat in spite of being bald why couldn't he with his beautiful mane was his reasoning. He was indeed blessed with lustrous hair except that he was as dark as charcoal & slightly squint. Nobody had the heart to tell him that.

Why are you so impressed only because a person pointed out some people will be squatting on empty land? Both IA and PLA have operated under these conditions for decades. He was stating the obvious, which is obviously a gem to the ignorant.

Remember the story of Rasiklal.

No relation to what's in the book and what you're saying.
He didn't say so in as many words.

Once again: Google "conventional warfare".

Google Pacification.

So he was modestly admitting he could be wrong. Case closed.

I guess Bertrand Russell was well Bertrand Russell. Quoting him to you was pearls before swine.
Yep. All you have to offer is ad-hominems, nothing else. Congrats.
Reciprocation. Reciprocation.

And interestingly, it's you being certain that he is right. I am the one doubting what he says. You are the one who brought these "certainties" to a topic that has no real answers. Mr. Russell here is talking about you. Dude, you have very basic comprehension issues. It's clear you haven't understood his book.
Quoting Russell to you was pearls before swine.

P. S - I'd have rather you touched upon the role the air force would play since there's no precedent for it in the 1962 war. PLAAF is at a disadvantage vis a vis the IAF which is more than offset by the numbers they can throw in vis vis ours which is again offset by their lack of front line bases which in turn is offset by the sheer advantage they enjoy with their Rocket forces, artillery, cyber warfare & space warfare capabilities.

Eg : if they perceive our numerous front line Air Force bases doing significant damage to them how'd they respond? Would they knock them off knowing most of these bases lie in an arc on our mainland extending from Ladakh to Assam. How would India respond. We could easily target their bases in TAR & Xinjiang, disrupt their lines of communications & logistics too but if that didn't fetch us results knowing them to be peripheral in every sense to mainland China whereas they'd be inflicting heavy damage on our AF bases across the LAC in mainland India how long would we put up before reciprocating in kind . What kind of escalation would that lead to by the Chinese? Would we intercept their SLOC ? Ponder over them & then consider why Mr Ravi Rikhaye didn't touch on these facts which I believe to be one of the book's failings.

OTOH, you're destined for ORF. Till such time it's our privilege to be suffering you here.

We don't need to challenge the US. We only need to bide our time. In the years before 9/11 Pakistan had pretty much unwavering US support. Today, you can guess what's it like. The situation today & tomorrow is so fluid there's no saying when the US decides they've had it with Pakistan. But if our armed forces are ill prepared or our vacuous leadership vacillates or any of the other reasons I've touched upon above comes into play , of what good is any US support .

I'm told I reciprocate the manner in which my counterpart interacts with me. If you think it's BS, you now know where it's coming from.

Please point out the word paragraph chapter since it's obvious your comprehension power is far far superior to mine. I can't even begin to say how privileged our lot is to behold your writings & opinions. It's worth it's weight in gold - the kind which comes out of my backside at 7 am in the morning come rain or shine.

So, an insurgency - whether a high level or a low level one post a war or even during it is something to be waved off with gesture of one's hand, isn't it? I'd rather you'd have come up with a solution of total war by the IA which deliberately targets the civilians in PoK to get them out of that place in much the same way that the PA targeted the Bangladeshis during Operation Searchlight. That could be accomplished by our existing force levels with the CAPF's handling the aftermath leaving the IA free to wheel east.It'd brought us tremendous opprobrium but it's either them or our boys spending decades pacifying the country with their precious lives & our state expending billions. Besides, we could always claim them as collateral damage. But this thought never occurred to you. For good reason too. You can imagine only what your intellect & experience allows you to. This is precisely why I call you an upstart with half baked knowledge.

I thought you had major differences with him. You know what to do. At least I would, if I were in your place. But I'm not & you're too chicken to make an attempt or even admit it.

Google pacification & no it doesn't have anything to do with a pacifier as much as you need it.

Remember what did I tell you about reciprocation. Scroll up a few paragraphs.

Did I claim otherwise?

Pretty much explains what you got out of reading his book. Did I tell you of Rasiklal from my childhood . He came to Bombay from Jaipur to do what else but star in hindi films.One day he happened to chance upon a photograph of Rakesh Roshan with a bald pate . When he learnt that RR was suffering from hair loss he despaired. If that fool could make it somewhat in spite of being bald why couldn't he with his beautiful mane was his reasoning. He was indeed blessed with lustrous hair except that he was as dark as charcoal & slightly squint. Nobody had the heart to tell him that.

Remember the story of Rasiklal.

He didn't say so in as many words.

Google Pacification.

I guess Bertrand Russell was well Bertrand Russell. Quoting him to you was pearls before swine.

Reciprocation. Reciprocation.

Quoting Russell to you was pearls before swine.

P. S - I'd have rather you touched upon the role the air force would play since there's no precedent for it in the 1962 war. PLAAF is at a disadvantage vis a vis the IAF which is more than offset by the numbers they can throw in vis vis ours which is again offset by their lack of front line bases which in turn is offset by the sheer advantage they enjoy with their Rocket forces, artillery, cyber warfare & space warfare capabilities.

Eg : if they perceive our numerous front line Air Force bases doing significant damage to them how'd they respond? Would they knock them off knowing most of these bases lie in an arc on our mainland extending from Ladakh to Assam. How would India respond. We could easily target their bases in TAR & Xinjiang, disrupt their lines of communications & logistics too but if that didn't fetch us results knowing them to be peripheral in every sense to mainland China whereas they'd be inflicting heavy damage on our AF bases across the LAC in mainland India how long would we put up before reciprocating in kind . What kind of escalation would that lead to by the Chinese? Would we intercept their SLOC ? Ponder over them & then consider why Mr Ravi Rikhaye didn't touch on these facts which I believe to be one of the book's failings.

OTOH, you're destined for ORF. Till such time it's our privilege to be suffering you here.

Such a useless post. Only filled with strawman arguments, red herrings and ad-hominems. However a pretty normal post for you. So the usual.