World Cup 2022 Thread

Lol. Dude Indians are worse than Murrcans when it comes to soccer talk.
Lol! What the hell is Soccer?
It's Football.....
Argentina! :ROFLMAO:

And Japan beat Germany too.

Some are convinced it's about avoiding other teams in the knockout stage though.
Still will be rooting for messi to win this world cup.

Repeating this line all over this forum is just not funny but Cringey.
Let's not exaggerate, it comes from too low a level to be raised.

dear mods. These two individuals are being MEAN to me. One is calling me a dumb@$$ and the other one is calling me a lowlife. Is this the kind of behavior you are encouraging towards esteemed members like me?

• Haha
Reactions: RASALGHUL
The origins...

-Like the game itself, the word “football” has foreign ancestors. Historians trace American football back to two European cousins, soccer and rugby. Both began as kicking games.

Soccer- the most popular sport in the world – was originally known as “association football.” Newspapers seeking a shorter phrase began to refer to it as “assoc.” That name was soon shortened to “soc” and then grew back a bit to “soccer.”

While rugby also began as a football game, in 1823 something occurred that changed the kicking game forever. A player named William Webb Ellis, instead of kicking the ball over the goal line, picked it up and ran it across. At first, observers didn’t know what to think. Eventually, the agreed it was a good idea. The game was played at the Rugby School and became known as rugby football, later shortened to rugby.

Both soccer-style football and rugby-style football eventually found their way to America. What resulted was an American combination of the two games. It was until much later (1906) that forward passing was allowed. So because the American game was really just another form of the European football games, it too became known as football.

Lol. Murrca made the game better they were bored just using their stinky feet.

Btw what a boring game between US and UK. How the hell can a game end at 0-0?!? It's an outrage... a scandal I tells ya! US dopes should have won against Whales but typical of the teams I root for they blow it in the end. Now the US has to beat Iran to advance which is not going to happen because that is just the curse of US soccer. When they need a win against a team that on paper you should beat they choke!

Who cares if the US went toe to toe with the 5th rank team in the world... it ended in no score draw!

• Haha
Well they (US) didn't choke unfortunately our striker did after getting kneed in his young likely smooth tender Hoden.
LOL! What is your problem with football and people who like this Sport?
Are you jealous that Football is more popular that rugby/eggball/US futball??

LOL! What is your problem with football and people who like this Sport?
Are you jealous that Football is more popular that rugby/eggball/US futball??
I got no problem with a sport where you need to be drunk to enjoy watching. I get it's torture watching a game where it can end 0-0 1-0.

I don't like rugby it is weird and don't have to be smart to play it. Murrcan football you have to be smart, athletic and have balls of steal to play a game where you can end up mentally injured. Lot of US Generals, Admirals and enlisted men played football in high school and college. It involves strategic thinking to defeat your opponent.

If our best athletes (NBA and NFL) decided from childhood to play soccer throughout their lives US would dominate the sport unfortunately they move on from soccer to basketball and football when they reach the age of 10-12 and those kids that aren't good enough to play basketball or football in high school stick to soccer. US national soccer teams have always lacked the size and speed of our basketball and football athletes.

I'll be what we call here in the US a fair-weather fan if the US beat the Nederlands and moves on to next round.

• Haha
Murrcan football you have to be smart, athletic and have balls of steal to play a game where you can end up mentally injured.
Yeah, But it is also highly detrimental.

"The largest study of its kind has found damage in the vast majority of former football players' brains donated for research after they developed mental symptoms during life. Of 202 former players of the U.S. version of the game whose brains were examined, 87% showed the diagnostic signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a neurodegenerative disease associated with repetitive head trauma. Among former National Football League (NFL) players in the sample, that number jumped to 99%."

Lot of US Generals, Admirals and enlisted men played football in high school and college. It involves strategic thinking to defeat your opponent.
Real Football(Soccer) also Involves Strategic Thinking.
It's not just running after a ball and shooting it, when it is in front of goal.

Yeah, But it is also highly detrimental.

"The largest study of its kind has found damage in the vast majority of former football players' brains donated for research after they developed mental symptoms during life. Of 202 former players of the U.S. version of the game whose brains were examined, 87% showed the diagnostic signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a neurodegenerative disease associated with repetitive head trauma. Among former National Football League (NFL) players in the sample, that number jumped to 99%."

Yep. When you have men that weigh almost 300lbs and height is 6'6plus and run faster than most men in the world hitting you full force every week for years stuff like that will happen.
Real Football(Soccer) also Involves Strategic Thinking.
It's not just running after a ball and shooting it, when it is in front of goal.
Do soccer players have to study books this thick?
nflplaybook.png

5ef25e9028dc7.image.png

images.jpg

And these playbooks are only to learn your teams plays during the season every week you learn your opponents ways through a lot of film review while at the same time you have to practice the plays you think your opponent will use. It's brutal.