Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

Won't agree with that. Our appetite is merely too big for our pockets. And we have bigger pockets than all of the GCC combined.

Hell, our overall annual govt spending is half that of the GCC's GDP. It's our people that are poor, not the govt, relatively speaking.

The stuff they buy for long term use is nothing more than stopgap arrangement to us.
No we do not have bigger pocket than GCC & no we don't have money either for bigger purchases since Indian & global economy is going bust.

• Agree
Reactions: AbRaj
It's not the money I am complaining about. With respect to our economy, social progress, for the Security units under MoD we are allocating more than enough funds.

What I am disappointed at is the disconnect between the three forces itself. Engaged in a turf war for everything. Creating unnecessary duplication. Then our formation of forces and command structure which is of WW2 era. Our forces itself with so much greater numbers of non combatants serving. All these are the issues which are pulling us down.

And the money, well R&D is a problem. We invest more in buying 12 Harpoons for Type209 than on development and testing of Nirbhay platform. That's absolutely criminal. How do we expect results in these circumstances?
Harpoon & Nirbhay is having different roles.
Navy should have asked for 650 mm torpedo tubes for p75I, in order to accomodate brahmos

Harpoon & Nirbhay is having different roles.
Navy should have asked for 650 mm torpedo tubes for p75I, in order to accomodate brahmos
I am not saying anything about the roles. I am saying that we spend way more on 18 Harpoons for 4 submarines, than on the development of a cruise missile which could see a production run of 1000 missiles.

Reactions: Hydra
They anticipated they are both going to be in trouble with other their neighbours and decided to create relations with all powerful countries.

Egypt is dealing with Italy now.

The Pakistanis are nowhere even close to us, never mind way ahead.
Yeas,butbthey managed to wage shadow war for decades and we didn't do nothing to stop or our efforts to curb is unsuccessful,the same nothing country managed to bomb IA installations and we did nothing afterwards.
Now tell m,buy self proclaimed superiority of India doesn't have any practical application.

Egypt is dealing with Italy now.
No way.
Italy is to near the Turkish politics.

Egypt and France are supporting the same camp in the Lybian mess.... So a new honey moon after the freeze is to come (freeze due to the french president talk about human rights in the Egyptian soil : a big mistake)

20200720_195847.jpg

So much for the osint and hyper nationalist keyboard warriors ready to send Rafales for deployment against China on arrival 😂😂

under the 2 hard points on each wings, you can put a pylon with 2 missiles (even 3, as Hammer), as the US do.

But in any case, a new config to open.
This is only for advertisement. I doubt it's an operational loadout. 2+2+2 with 2 tanks is what's going to be the normal operational loadout.
With 2 tanks : 6 MICA + 4 METEOR. just on single pylon...

With 2 tanks : 6 MICA + 4 METEOR. just on single pylon...

Even that seems too much.

Look at how much range is lost for just some extra missiles.

6 missiles at most for 90+% of the missions. So 2+2+2 or 4+2. In some missions, it could be 4+2+2, but it's gonna be very rare. All of them with minimum 2 tanks.

Even that seems too much.

Look at how much range is lost for just some extra missiles.

6 missiles at most for 90+% of the missions. So 2+2+2 or 4+2. In some missions, it could be 4+2+2, but it's gonna be very rare. All of them with minimum 2 tanks.
I agree.
I don't know if a sole fighter used more than 4 missiles in a single mission during a conflict !
The SH18 or F15X pictures with 12+ missiles are only marketing. 6 seems already a maximum.

• Agree
Reactions: Kane
The other defense forum is buzzing with PAF getting 10 J15 and 4 J10CE?

Can some one elaborate the implication on balance of power if the news is true.

The other defense forum is buzzing with PAF getting 10 J15 and 4 J10CE?

Can some one elaborate the implication on balance of power if the news is true.

Let them Create a Two Front situation

Only then we can Request the USAF intervention

One Squadron of F 15s flying from Bagram Airbase in Pakistan will be enough for PAF

Then we can divert Entire Su 30 Fleet for China