Rafale DH/EH of Indian Air Force : News and Discussions

The article add also egypt as a EAU/EGYPT nexus. Qatar and Turkey seem to be more and more keen with a pan arab alliance.
You can also read this one :

UAE is playing all sides. They are trying to tame Turkey while helping Iran sell its oil to other countries, bypassing the sanctions. And they are working with US, Israel and India as well.

All these ME countries will change their minds whenever the opportunity arises. It's pretty unstable.

Last year, the Indian Army had with the Bangladeshi Army exercise Sampriti IX. I don't think those would happen if Bangladesh really felt threatened by India. I haven't heard of joint exercises between India and Pakistan...

Last year, the Indian Army had with the Bangladeshi Army exercise Sampriti IX. I don't think those would happen if Bangladesh really felt threatened by India. I haven't heard of joint exercises between India and Pakistan...
India and China have conducted joint exercises after 1962 and even after multiple of those Galwan happened.

Dunno if i already posted that (or if anyone elses did)
In it, there is an actual description of "active furtivity" by an active colonel of ADAE (former head of "Normandie Niemen Sqd). He clearly mentions half wavelength shift being used for cancellation of incoming signal. He also states that both Rafale and F-35 use this technique.

Reactions: randomradio
Why does the sensationalist Indian media term every news as "breaking"...it's not like we developed this fighter jet nor a JV
And every missile we test is reported by indian media as super sonic missile. Even SAMs,AAMs specifically mentioned as super sonic. So don't give much attention to them.

“Digitally edited pic.” 😉
Yeah. But it's not the photoshop pic that matters. What matters is that the first trial has happened. People are talking a dig on that pic but real good news is that Rafale has started trials and successfully cleared first jump. After a few trials the action will move to INS Vikramaditya for final trials...

• Agree
Reactions: Amarante
If that happens, it's gonna be really bad news for Rafale.
Are you assuming the sea trials will fail? I would tend to think that the people doing the trials will only proceed if the results of the land trials give them full confidence the sea trials will also be successful. Just like the land trials were only done because the simulated trials gave them full confidence it would succeed.

Are you assuming the sea trials will fail? I would tend to think that the people doing the trials will only proceed if the results of the land trials give them full confidence the sea trials will also be successful. Just like the land trials were only done because the simulated trials gave them full confidence it would succeed.

Exactly the point. 'Cause even if the land trials are successful, the Rafale or the carrier will still need modifications to fit inside the elevator. This would require time. If sea trials are conducted, then it's simply a part of the trials process. Once it begins, Dassault will have to back out. Hence bad news.

The Vikramaditya's widest elevator is 9.7m. And the elevator's in the middle of the deck giving the Rafale no wiggle room.
DLtqAnBUIAAoZl3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The smaller one.
DLtqJthUQAA19hz.jpg

You can see why it's impossible.

It's a very tight fit for the SH.

Exactly the point. 'Cause even if the land trials are successful, the Rafale or the carrier will still need modifications to fit inside the elevator. This would require time. If sea trials are conducted, then it's simply a part of the trials process. Once it begins, Dassault will have to back out. Hence bad news.

The Vikramaditya's widest elevator is 9.7m. And the elevator's in the middle of the deck giving the Rafale no wiggle room.

The smaller one.

The wingspan of the Rafale is 10.9 m with its missiles, 10.21 m without its missiles and less than 9.6 m without its wing tips. The nose wheel can rotate 360° and I'm sure Dassault has worked out a movement to get the aircraft into position with limited risk.

DLtqAnBUIAAoZl3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The smaller one.
DLtqJthUQAA19hz.jpg

Is this the carrier we paid 3 billion escalated from 1 billion.?
How did ' Navy ' fell into such trap?