Pralay and Shaurya: Conventional Strike Surface-to-Surface Missiles

This was displayed officially in defexpo by DRDO. So, I would say that this is a credible source for Pralay's weight:

dagpisqx4aas6pb-jpg.2394
Missed the 'missile weight' part. So, compared to Iskander it will be 1 ton heavier with very similar performance.

After Shaurya, My thought was srbm would be shortened version of the same. That damn thing is a beauty.

The entire missile will have to be redesigned. It's 0.75m dia versus Pralay's 0.5m.

And that also entails costs in logistics, whereas Pralay can use the same infrastructure as Prithvi.

Also Pralay will be used for salvo attacks, so it needs to be cheaper. Shaurya's definitely more expensive.

Shaurya missile weighs 6.2 tons and has 700-750km range. Why is Pralay having 5ton weight and just 400-500km range? Moreover, Pralay is a SRBM and hence does not need strong body or warhead casing to withstand high speeds of reentry

1.2T difference is pretty big.

why so heavy at 5 tons?
BTW this is what it will look like..I bet you a fiver.
View attachment 3120
This is an Indian missile right?some variation of prithvi? I th8nk parlay will look different from prithvi because it’ll be a ground up reinvention of the system. The prithvi was an excellent system with several limitations most crucially the need to toe along tanks of liquid propulsion. This one will be a complete optimization for a canniseterization of solid propelled system.

The second stage is solid fuel. So it is going to be heavy.
None of Prithvi series had any stage separation and the whole body of the missile fell intact on the target. Pralay will have the same design and will have no stage seperation so i wonder where is "Second stage"?

Pralay would be highly maneuvrable at the terminal stage to escape anti-missile systems. Also, expect it to follow the quasi-ballistic trajectory.
I'm yet to see any credible data on weight, no point arguing.
Phaii jii..
All Prithvi series follow Quasi ballistic path and never leave atmosphere so there is no Re-Entry involved.
Looking at the same "Wing pattern" at the back end of Pralay , it seems to be same aerodynamic design as Prithvi.
Large fixed wings for stability and lift. Then movable small canards at the bottom end for changing direction inside atmosphere .

Phaii jii..
All Prithvi series follow Quasi ballistic path and never leave atmosphere so there is no Re-Entry involved.
Looking at the same "Wing pattern" at the back end of Pralay , it seems to be same aerodynamic design as Prithvi.
Large fixed wings for stability and lift. Then movable small canards at the bottom end for changing direction inside atmosphere .
Prithvi missiles can leave atmosphere or at least go to upper atmosphere levels. That is how prithvi is used to simulate 1500-2000km MRBM for Indian BMD testing. The quasi ballistic path is being used here to make it accelerate downwards from high altitude of ~100km with powered flight and reach speeds of MRBM at the lower levels of atmosphere (stratosphere level below 60km).

So, it is not correct that Pralay is incapable of reaching high altitude and hitting targets. Though, the maneuvering requires it to be within the 60km altitude to have atmosphere thick enough to be aerodynamic. But, the option of leaving atmosphere also exists if needed to as seen in prithvi misssiles

Prithvi missiles can leave atmosphere or at least go to upper atmosphere levels. That is how prithvi is used to simulate 1500-2000km MRBM for Indian BMD testing. The quasi ballistic path is being used here to make it accelerate downwards from high altitude of ~100km with powered flight and reach speeds of MRBM at the lower levels of atmosphere (stratosphere level below 60km).

So, it is not correct that Pralay is incapable of reaching high altitude and hitting targets. Though, the maneuvering requires it to be within the 60km altitude to have atmosphere thick enough to be aerodynamic. But, the option of leaving atmosphere also exists if needed to as seen in prithvi misssiles
Hi,
any relevant news or article where it says prithvi target vehicle travelled 1500-2000 Km?

None of Prithvi series had any stage separation and the whole body of the missile fell intact on the target. Pralay will have the same design and will have no stage seperation so i wonder where is "Second stage"?

Prithvi III was always a two stage missile, solid and liquid stages.

PAD was a Prithvi III. And the PDV replaces the liquid stage with solid stage.

The new target missile, which is likely the Pralay, also has two solid stages.

Prithvi III was always a two stage missile, solid and liquid stages.

PAD was a Prithvi III. And the PDV replaces the liquid stage with solid stage.

The new target missile, which is likely the Pralay, also has two solid stages.
yaar post pics.
As of now i disagree. None of Prithvi had stages and wont have.

PAD is shown in this picture?
This too has no separable stage. The missle wings are for lift, enabling quasi ballistic path. The rear small wings are for course correction inside atmosphere.

Prithvi[1].jpg

This is the solid motor version which has large wings moved back. But there are vernier thrusters at the mid body.
Prithvi_Missile-EPS[1].JPG

Let's wait to see the design ,I feel the
This is the new PDV and Pralay is based on this one. You can see more use of composites and the black dots above mid body which are sideways vernier thrusters for rapid directional changes and maneuvering outside atmosphere, something Prithvi never had.View attachment 3131

You may not see those vernier thrusters in Pralay as it doesn't need to intercept missile (Kill Vehicle), Maybe a clean design without center fins like Iskander.

Phaii jii..
No, Prithvi is a classic ballistic missile. It doesn't follow quasi ballistic path nor does any Chinese missiles painted in green.

Only other quasi ballistic missile in this subcontinent is shaurya. Try reading up about it before giving your wisdom. It's not that hard.

Pralay design is not same as Prithvi. Just like the Mirage 2000 and LCA.

No, Prithvi is a classic ballistic missile. It doesn't follow quasi ballistic path nor does any Chinese missiles painted in green.

Only other quasi ballistic missile in this subcontinent is shaurya. Try reading up about it before giving your wisdom. It's not that hard.

I dont know man..The wings in the "Middle" are too big and "In the middle" for being just a lame Ballistic missile. If they had to make a Ballistic missile, the wings could be shorter and at the back. Should have saved some drag. So there is a reason why Prithvi series have big wings in the middle, and then small movable canards right at the back.

About "Chinese missiles in green", Nasr has Canards at the front and follows Quasi ballistic path.
All the others are ballistic in boost phase and then Re-entry vehicles follow Quasi ballistic to dodge or confuse enemy defenses.

About on what Pralay will be based, lets wait and see when actual pics are out. I bet you a fiver it will be modified PDV.

Prithvi is a quasi ballistic missile. This is presentation of Prithvi trajectory: