New Single-Engine Russian Fighter Unveiled

I mean I get it that their most major radar company RTI and most major EW company KRET state 10 years behind the west in MMIC technology.

Nobody knows that. They have minitiarized their AESA tech enough to fit into missile seekers, which puts them on par with Western Europe.

But I mean you were given more than 10+ years to have improved modules like their biggest rage of mass producing LTCC modules for lower AESA costs and heat resistance. But instead the aircraft is just a downsize of the already existing N036 radar. Better off sticking to Su-57s for domestic production or go serve your pilots as cannon fodder with these aircraft. Now I am just sticking around for the export potential of it. Is it still too late to create a new airborne radar platform?

The LTS is meant for export. It hasn't been developed for the Russians.

There's nothing wrong with downscaling their existing tech. The jet has been designed to accept export grade tech developed for the Su-57. The problem is how well sensor fusion developed for the export market around a new ICP will actually work with it.

The Russians are offering the jet for joint development, which means the avionics are subject to change as per customer request, as long as the order is big enough. But most air forces will be fine with downgraded PAK FA tech since the jet is meant to be a cheap next gen workhorse.

I suppose its western equivalent would be what the USAF plans to develop as the F-16 replacement later on, as long as it comes with IWBs.

Hydra and lolwa has a lot of pocket money, dont you dare to underestimate these bois. Stephan Cohen can arrange few million Bitcoins too. And not to forget IA Kashkaol Khan N.
All of these bois are super intalligent and wealthy, and can buy whatevevr shit anyone throws in the market.
I may or may not be having money, but the world's fifth largest economy have. Yey our concern is we still flying on vintage mig-21,firing shots from vintage howitzer,doing under water surveillance in vintage subs etc etc...

Nobody knows that. They have minitiarized their AESA tech enough to fit into missile seekers, which puts them on par with Western Europe.

The LTS is meant for export. It hasn't been developed for the Russians.

There's nothing wrong with downscaling their existing tech. The jet has been designed to accept export grade tech developed for the Su-57. The problem is how well sensor fusion developed for the export market around a new ICP will actually work with it.

The Russians are offering the jet for joint development, which means the avionics are subject to change as per customer request, as long as the order is big enough. But most air forces will be fine with downgraded PAK FA tech since the jet is meant to be a cheap next gen workhorse.

I suppose its western equivalent would be what the USAF plans to develop as the F-16 replacement later on, as long as it comes with IWBs.
I didn't actually write that bit, I C&P'd the translation from another forum and got that bit too by accident.

The United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) and the Shvabe holding, which are part of the Rostec State Corporation, have entered into an agreement to develop and supply a 24-hour optical-electronic sighting system KOEPS-75 for the newest Russian light tactical aircraft (LTS) Checkmate, presented at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2021

1627037801086.png

We could really do with some higher limits on picture sizes. @Ashwin

One thing no one among the well wishers of IAF will want, aircrafts flying with just one engine of Russian origin.

Russian engines are reliable. Both JF-17 and J-10 are good examples. And the Su-75 carries a much better engine than the other two.

Well wishers of the IAF will not want this aircraft due to other reasons, namely high cost, over-specced, lack of captive orders etc, relative to our requirements.

Advantage ‘Checkmate’ as UAE Seen Walking Away from F-35 Deal

• Our Bureau 10:46 AM, December 15, 2021
Russia’s single-engine Su-75 ‘Checkmate’ aircraft, promoted as an alternative to the American F-35 could make a pitch for the void left by the F-35, should the United Arab Emirates (UAE) abandon its quest to buy the Lockheed Martin-made fighter.

“It is not by chance that the first international presentation of the new fifth generation fighter is taking place here, at the Dubai Airshow,” said the head of Russian arms export holding company, Rostec, Sergei Chemezov at the show in November. “The Checkmate is discreet and well equipped, ideal in terms of combat effectiveness and cost per flight hour. All this makes the aircraft a unique offer on the international arms market,” he added.

The high-pitch presentation of the Checkmate at the Dubai Airshow when most other arms manufacturers were cautious about international event participation due to the pandemic surprised everyone. Perhaps Moscow had some inkling as to which way the UAE-US F-35 talks were headed and decided to make its own offering.

Moscow-Abu Dhabi fighter jet cooperation

In 2017, Moscow revealed it was beginning a project with Abu Dhabi to co-produce a fifth-generation fighter, reportedly based on the MiG-29. While this project did not take off, talks continued between the two to co-produce a fighter jet. The Su-75 Checkmate may have come at the right time to kick-start Russia-UAE fighter jet cooperation.

In a message to international news organizations Tuesday, an unnamed Emirati official said the UAE had called off talks to buy the F-35 and that “technical requirements, sovereign operational restrictions and cost-benefit analysis led to the reassessment.”

US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken still ‘hopeful’ of F-35 deal with UAE

Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said today that his country hopes to continue to work on implementing agreements to supply the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with F-35 fighter jets and unmanned aerial vehicles.

“We remain ready to move forward if the UAE strives to obtain both,” he said at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur today during his visit to Malaysia. “However, Washington must be convinced that it first and foremost guarantees Israel's "high-quality military superiority" and must "conduct a thorough analysis of any technologies that are sold or transferred to other partners in the region, including the UAE," he said.