Mirage 2000H, MiG-29UPG, Jaguar DARIN III - Medium Multirole Aircraft of IAF

We need to do the 21 mig 29 deal and upgrade it upg mk 2 standard. Also need to buy as many Mirages as we can get our hands on and upgrade them with astras. We will be in an attrition war so the more the numbers the better.

Reactions: Rajput Lion
We need to do the 21 mig 29 deal and upgrade it upg mk 2 standard. Also need to buy as many Mirages as we can get our hands on and upgrade them with astras. We will be in an attrition war so the more the numbers the better.
Mig 21 is going out by 2035, not worth the investment. Rather we should go all in on any selected platform instead of piecemeal orders

Integrating Astra 1 & 2 with all our current fighters would definitely boost their firepower. With a capable BVR like Astra 2 their area denial capability also would enhance several fold.

21 Mig-29 deal is apparently cancelled. We need to order more Tejas MK1A and increase its production. We need over 200 MK1As and over 200 MK2s.

Since MK2 is still at least 5/6 years away. We must order more MK1As and get them delivered by 2028(when MK2 goes into production).

Tejas MK1A may not have kinematics of Mig-29UPG or Mirage-2000, but it is/will be much better plane than both.

Right now India's the flavour of the month / yr. If Ireland had an AF & they requested India for an annual exercise, we'd oblige them too.

It's called Sabka saath sabka vishwas.
Irish Air Corps fly prop driven planes mostly, apart from a single Learjet. Some nice medium weight helicopters though, the coast guard is pretty good as well. The Navy has some nice patrol vessels (Samuel Beckett class x3), but yes a woefully underequipped military due to "neutrality". Ireland could easily afford a small but potent naval force if there was any political will for it.

There were some murmurings of defence expenditure last year when the Ukraine war started but it has since faded.

Irish Air Corps fly prop driven planes mostly, apart from a single Learjet. Some nice medium weight helicopters though, the coast guard is pretty good as well. The Navy has some nice patrol vessels (Samuel Beckett class x3), but yes a woefully underequipped military due to "neutrality". Ireland could easily afford a small but potent naval force if there was any political will for it.

There were some murmurings of defence expenditure last year when the Ukraine war started but it has since faded.
Well who in his right mind would invade Ireland . There's no natural resources worth the name nor are the locals there to be considered resources or resourceful by any yardstick.

The only way one can exploit Ireland is to take over the land & reduce the locals there to tenant farmers . Basically it's harking back to what the English Scotsmen & Welsh did to the Paddys there over the past 7-8 centuries ending last century & something I suspect the Brits would be contemplating once the after effects of Brexit are truly felt beginning next decade. Isn't it Paddy ? @BMD

• Haha
The most pointless airforce to ever train with.
No. Exercise Cobra Warrior involves multiple air forces including RAF and others. Don't count out Finland. They have prepared for years to fend off the Russian bear. We can learn a trick or two from them too.

I rate IAF so high because we train with NATO all the time and our tactics have evolved beyond theirs. This is something which RuAF or PLAAF don't have. PLAAF has been trying to learn about NATO tactics through their Pakistani slaves. But of course, even then they fall well short.

Reactions: marich01
No. Exercise Cobra Warrior involves multiple air forces including RAF and others. Don't count out Finland. They have prepared for years to fend off the Russian bear. We can learn a trick or two from them too.

On the contrary it's precisely for the reason you've provided that our exercises with the Finnish AF is a waste of time. Just as we'd look forward to exchanging notes with them, they'd be more than aware that the IAF is probably the only AF in the mix which exercises with the RuAF.

You can well imagine how enthusiastic they'd be to exercise with us. If anything it's be routine exercises with them which translates exactly to a waste of time.

I rate IAF so high because we train with NATO all the time and our tactics have evolved beyond theirs. This is something which RuAF or PLAAF don't have. PLAAF has been trying to learn about NATO tactics through their Pakistani slaves. But of course, even then they fall well short.

Well who in his right mind would invade Ireland . There's no natural resources worth the name nor are the locals there to be considered resources or resourceful by any yardstick.

The only way one can exploit Ireland is to take over the land & reduce the locals there to tenant farmers . Basically it's harking back to what the English Scotsmen & Welsh did to the Paddys there over the past 7-8 centuries ending last century & something I suspect the Brits would be contemplating once the after effects of Brexit are truly felt beginning next decade. Isn't it Paddy ? @BMD
Ireland does punch well above it's weight though. Per capita income is at 80k USD which is skewed due wealth inequality but standard of living is still very high and I think real per capita income is around 55k USD. It has a well diversifed economy and low corporate taxes have allowed IT MNCs like Apple and LinkedIn to set up HQs. It lags behind the rest of Europe in terms of infrastructure and cost of living is one of the highest in the world but overall, it does pretty well for itself.

Who needs Pakistanis when you can just hire some RAF pilots. I get what you mean, any training is always good experience but I meant it's pointless politically.

Who needs Pakistanis when you can just hire some RAF pilots. I get what you mean, any training is always good experience but I meant it's pointless politically.
Pakistan is an important tool for China. They even got access to one of their F-16s for development of their J-10.

They did hire RAF and other NATO air/navy guys. But seemingly that plan has gone bust. IAF is well ahead of PLAAF in both training and tactics.

On the contrary it's precisely for the reason you've provided that our exercises with the Finnish AF is a waste of time. Just as we'd look forward to exchanging notes with them, they'd be more than aware that the IAF is probably the only AF in the mix which exercises with the RuAF.

You can well imagine how enthusiastic they'd be to exercise with us. If anything it's be routine exercises with them which translates exactly to a waste of time.
Then our exercise with JASDF would also deem wasteful? Cause they were too looking to gain info on our MKI and IAF tactics!

I think IAF is no fool to expose its niche tactics with other forces. Also we aren't precisely exercising with Finnish Airforce alone. It is a multi-national exercise and IAF, FiAF are both part of it.

If we exercise with FiAF alone then uncle Vlad won't feel too happy, lol.

Then our exercise with JASDF would also deem wasteful? Cause they were too looking to gain info on our MKI and IAF tactics!

Japan & Russia are rivals as of now not enemies or even potential foes. They just happen to be in opposite camps . There's a big difference there. They exercise with us to understand Russian equipment & their performances better not so much for our tactics as PLAAF & the AF that PLAN fields is either full of Russian equipment or based on their design philosophy .

I think IAF is no fool to expose its niche tactics with other forces. Also we aren't precisely exercising with Finnish Airforce alone. It is a multi-national exercise and IAF, FiAF are both part of it.

Of course not. Ditto for any professional AF . I mean this is a no brainer.

If we exercise with FiAF alone then uncle Vlad won't feel too happy, lol.

I doubt they're happy even with us exercising now with a multi national team all of whom are opposed to Russia.

Japan & Russia are rivals as of now not enemies or even potential foes. They just happen to be in opposite camps . There's a big difference there. They exercise with us to understand Russian equipment & their performances better not so much for our tactics as PLAAF & the AF that PLAN fields is either full of Russian equipment or based on their design philosophy .
Agreed.
Of course not. Ditto for any professional AF . I mean this is a no brainer.
Yup.
I doubt they're happy even with us exercising now with a multi national team all of whom are opposed to Russia.
That's the advantage of Russian/French hardware that we can do whatever with it as we want. Not possible with Uncle SAM items. Hope Rafale-M wins Navy's order too for the same precise reason.

Definite mention of extra mirage 2000 procurement in IAF part of report. Are any available anywhere?

Screenshot (2).png