Maritime Patrol Aircraft : P-8I Neptune, Dornier-228 : News & Discussions

1707503945959.png

GF40MM4XcAAWy3J.jpeg

Co development of A320 based ASW platform with France , is it viable?

Even with 6 more P8I, we will need like 12+ long range platforms. And France too will easily need similar numbers.
Where did you get that 12+ requirement. Given that 9 C295 MMR is also moving ahead.

Co development of A320 based ASW platform with France , is it viable?

Even with 6 more P8I, we will need like 12+ long range platforms. And France too will easily need similar numbers.
A320,why? Its old and smallee than A330 & A350.
But I think A350 based will be more viable than A320,as earlier one is on order on bulk by TATA for air india.

Where did you get that 12+ requirement. Given that 9 C295 MMR is also moving ahead.
The original requirment was 28. So as of now 16 more to be procured. Even with 6 additional P8I, we still needs 10 more.

Regarding c295 MPA..Yeah, a country filled with dumb a** who wants to replace mmrca with Tejas, for them c295 MTA will do the jon of P8.

We have always had an SRMMR (Dornier), MRMR (C-295) and LRMR (P-8I) requirement. But only the LRMR will be capable of ASW, the rest are only for surface search.

Hope we don't delay the follow-on order for 6 more P-8Is for too long either...

18 Neptunes backed up by 15 SeaGuardians with 9 MMMAs taking care of the shorter-range requirements, that's a pretty comprehensive Maritime Patrol capability shaping up.

Tritons too, apart from Dorniers. Triton should be taken up after the last of the Neptunes. The IN has shown interest in 8 jets.