Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

Might is right, according to @jetray and @Jaymax, so wherever China sets the line, you will have to accept it. An Asian NATO is not in India's interests, so maybe Russia will ask China to move the line for you... probably in the wrong direction but hey.
dude, stop posting rubbish childish posts simply stick to technical discussion. Seriously you are not good at selling sh***, it looks even when worse you claim it is a staple diet in west.

Coming to your claim, no idiot in India believes that russia or even for that matter of fact west will help us. We fight our own battles. There is no such thing as Asian NATO, west is there to make money and they throw India, taiwan or japan for few cents more. Thats what they have done in the past and thats what they will do in the future.

To refresh your selective loss of memory both china & taiwan are america's creation one to fight soviet union another to get toe hold in asia. First west sold sh** to taiwan then later sold the same sh** to china. In south asia they sold the sh** to afghanistan and now they are selling it in ukraine. End result is same, it is still sh** even if it decomposes over period of time it does not become U235 it will still stink and will remain sh**. So stop selling sh*** no one is buying it here.

Damn right it is... China wont go back if we say pretty please. We ll need to bulk up and kick those slant eyed chinks back.
Not that I'm against the act of defending one's territory, but nice racism. My personal opinion is that the Chinese would make a joke of your armed forces. I don't intend that to be demeaning, it's just an honest assessment.

To refresh your selective loss of memory both china & taiwan are america's creation one to fight soviet union another to get toe hold in asia.
Errrr no, they are the USSR's creation. How could you misunderstand history so badly?

Not that I'm against the act of defending one's territory, but nice racism. My personal opinion is that the Chinese would make a joke of your armed forces. I don't intend that to be demeaning, it's just an honest assessment.
I have no love for the Chinese so I ll take your charge.

Your assessment is on point in some areas based on paper analysis but then if there was a place where paper assessments get thrown out at zero hour, it would be war fighting.

i can’t find any OS sat-imagery for Sauraj Jha’s tweet.
—-
i’ve read DS Hooda in BharatShakti. Of course, he advocates an increase in the number of sensors (from "boots on the ground" to satellites) to collect informations, and AI to merge the datas and carry out predictive analysis.

But he also calls for (…) A cohesive surveillance system (…) in which different users can take advantage of complete visibility across platforms available with all the agencies. Concluding: (…) Militaries worldwide use the term ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) to describe integrated operations and intelligence activity that enables accurate decision-making. (…) A rethink in the Indian Army on the whole concept of border management(. It) must include a unified intelligence and surveillance architecture along the LAC.

ps: as the author, Lt Gen DS Hooda (Retd) is a former Northern Command Commander, i have discovered the https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Northern-Command-Indian_Army-flag.svg/640px-Northern-Command-Indian_Army-flag.svg.png ]flag[/url]: awsome!

There's nothing much available for public consumption. If things go hot again, which it will, we should see Twitter OSINT with such images.

Reactions: Amarante
Might is right, according to @jetray and @Jaymax, so wherever China sets the line, you will have to accept it. An Asian NATO is not in India's interests, so maybe Russia will ask China to move the line for you... probably in the wrong direction but hey.

Might is indeed right. So India's gonna have to fight back with very limited help. The only purpose of an Asian NATO is to pull India into fighting American wars, nothing more.

My personal opinion is that the Chinese would make a joke of your armed forces. I don't intend that to be demeaning, it's just an honest assessment.

They have better equipment, we have better training and personnel along with better terrain advantages. They can't drive a tank through our defences. And artillery is significantly less effective in the mountains. So they need to get up close and personal, where they will have to deal with severe terrain disadvantages, and most of their troops are children with little to no fighting experience.

Might is indeed right. So India's gonna have to fight back with very limited help. The only purpose of an Asian NATO is to pull India into fighting American wars, nothing more.

They have better equipment, we have better training and personnel along with better terrain advantages. They can't drive a tank through our defences. And artillery is significantly less effective in the mountains. So they need to get up close and personal, where they will have to deal with severe terrain disadvantages, and most of their troops are children with little to no fighting experience.

The Terrain is so bad and tough that
You cannot hold on to every inch of land

You can only have red lines depending on your logistical abilities and length of the supply chain

The Chinese are aware of the number of Casualties that they will have to take BUT their Govt and society will Not accept that Number

Hence this stalemate

Have you ever seen mountainous terrain , especially 5000 metres plus mountains

Do you have any idea about Mountain Warfare

The Terrain is so bad and tough that
You cannot hold on to every inch of land

You can only have red lines depending on your logistical abilities and length of the supply chain

The Chinese are aware of the number of Casualties that they will have to take BUT their Govt and society will Not accept that Number

Hence this stalemate

It's interesting how the Chinese have so many options for so many wars. But they have still not decided who they want to fight first. They have been creating problems at the Russian border now.

Are you sure it's not also about Reptilians?

Yeah, or they could just use their vastly superior air force and SRBMs to pummel you into the ground. Underestimating your enemy is a very dangerous health problem.
I have no love for the Chinese so I ll take your charge.

Your assessment is on point in some areas based on paper analysis but then if there was a place where paper assessments get thrown out at zero hour, it would be war fighting.
Superior drone technology is something else I forgot to mention. They've certainly featured heavily elsewhere recently.

Yeah, or they could just use their vastly superior air force and SRBMs to pummel you into the ground. Underestimating your enemy is a very dangerous health problem.

Superior drone technology is something else I forgot to mention. They've certainly featured heavily elsewhere recently.

Couple of points, in the last 3 direct confrontations after 1962, the Chinese have lost. Or are you not aware of this?

What they have been good at is creeping while our government slept. That has changed. Galwan is a result of the ground commander responding and post that the GoI needing to respond. Have you seen any Chinese moves besides crying all over saying they have not lost any soldiers and releasing irrelevant photos? No.

That should put things in perspective. Casualty numbers like in Russia will result in Xi Pooh having to poo.

We don't need help, we are not expecting help, and even if someone wishes to help, we may not be able to accommodate them.

So the only thing left is we helping others, and we will be expected to make equipment and sovereignty sacrifices to accommodate others in this so-called Asian NATO. The only area where we can cooperate with the US is a naval battle, and that's the only area where we are actually working towards some levels of interoperability.

The gist of what's our position:
Last, in case of a future conflict, a nation has to fight alone. So, the requirement of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ that we've been talking about,” the senior officer stated.

The US will stay out of a Sino-India war. And India will stay out of a Sino-US war.

When it comes to SRBMs and air support, combined, we have the advantage. We have a lot of SRBMs and the terrain favours the IAFm the combination of the two is in our favour. In terms of long range capabilities, they have the advantage, but long range systems will only be used in long wars, not short border wars that could last only a season.

We don't need help, we are not expecting help, and even if someone wishes to help, we may not be able to accommodate them.

So the only thing left is we helping others, and we will be expected to make equipment and sovereignty sacrifices to accommodate others in this so-called Asian NATO. The only area where we can cooperate with the US is a naval battle, and that's the only area where we are actually working towards some levels of interoperability.

The gist of what's our position:
Last, in case of a future conflict, a nation has to fight alone. So, the requirement of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ that we've been talking about,” the senior officer stated.

The US will stay out of a Sino-India war. And India will stay out of a Sino-US war.

When it comes to SRBMs and air support, combined, we have the advantage. We have a lot of SRBMs and the terrain favours the IAFm the combination of the two is in our favour. In terms of long range capabilities, they have the advantage, but long range systems will only be used in long wars, not short border wars that could last only a season.

In any terrain , whether it is plains or mountains, an invading force can make a few gains

But the real question is whether it can hold on to those gains

That is what is happening in Ukraine , where Russia is wasting enormous human and material resources to hold on to occupied territory

And this is what will happen to PLA too

Even if it comes in 10 KM ,it will not be able to hold onto any territory without suffering enormous casualties

The Whole CCP -- PLA domestic power structure will collapse , if 1000 PLA soldiers are killed

And looking at the mountainous terrain of Ladakh and Arunachal
It is Not worth it for XI

Couple of points, in the last 3 direct confrontations after 1962, the Chinese have lost. Or are you not aware of this?

What they have been good at is creeping while our government slept. That has changed. Galwan is a result of the ground commander responding and post that the GoI needing to respond. Have you seen any Chinese moves besides crying all over saying they have not lost any soldiers and releasing irrelevant photos? No.

That should put things in perspective. Casualty numbers like in Russia will result in Xi Pooh having to poo.
A lot has changed since then and don't compare skirmishes with war.

• Haha
Reactions: suryakiran

You do understand mountain warfare is not ideal for guided munitions/missiles/artillery? It will boil down to hand to hand combat and that will be the great equalizer.

My personal opinion is that the Chinese would make a joke of your armed forces. I don't intend that to be demeaning, it's just an honest assessment.
As I said earlier , you are not good at selling sh**. If chinese had the power & capability to take on India they would have already done so.

Post 1962 chinese are creeping & crawling but not able to make any big decisive move. Terrain on the Indian side is mountainous while on the chinese (tibetan to be precise) side is flat. So the airforce or SRBM's are pretty much useless if land is to be occupied. As ukraine war demonstrated more than expensive super tech planes it is the infantry that is most required to hold the ground and India has plenty of it.

when you are done with crying & howling , just check what rarified air at high tibetan altitude does to planes.

You do understand mountain warfare is not ideal for guided munitions/missiles/artillery? It will boil down to hand to hand combat and that will be the great equalizer.
It's great for guided munitions from an aircraft and who's to say they would limit fighting just to a mountain top. Stuff needs to get up that mountain from the Indian side first. I would start there, although the idea of fighting over a mountain top is somewhat bizarre, like fighting over a cigarette butt. :ROFLMAO:

As I said earlier , you are not good at selling sh**. If chinese had the power & capability to take on India they would have already done so.

Post 1962 chinese are creeping & crawling but not able to make any big decisive move. Terrain on the Indian side is mountainous while on the chinese (tibetan to be precise) side is flat. So the airforce or SRBM's are pretty much useless if land is to be occupied. As ukraine war demonstrated more than expensive super tech planes it is the infantry that is most required to hold the ground and India has plenty of it.

when you are done with crying & howling , just check what rarified air at high tibetan altitude does to planes.
The Chinese are more concerned with Taiwan, because they have quite rightly recognised that the land in J&K is worth somewhere between f**k and all.

I'm fairly sure fighter jets have a service ceiling well above that. Crying and howling? Over some worthless patch of land you mean?

Last edited:
It's great for guided munitions from an aircraft and who's to say they would limit fighting just to a mountain top. Stuff needs to get up that mountain from the Indian side first. I would start there, although the idea of fighting over a mountain top is somewhat bizarre, like fighting over a cigarette butt. :ROFLMAO:
I thought we were trying to have a serious conversation. But then....

Reactions: Shaktimaan
I thought we were trying to have a serious conversation. But then....
Hell no, I've read enough of your comments on the Ukraine thread to know that isn't even nearly possible. Seriously though, what's up there?

It's great for guided munitions from an aircraft and who's to say they would limit fighting just to a mountain top. Stuff needs to get up that mountain from the Indian side first. I would start there, although the idea of fighting over a mountain top is somewhat bizarre, like fighting over a cigarette butt.
you are under impression that gps guided munitions will fly up & down over the jagged mountains as if it were some bird looking for mac donalds outlet. Yes getting supplies up the mountains is hard but mountain also provides cover to supply chain unlike the flat plains. Once the mountains are occupied it is very tough to dislodge , requires 1:5 or more than that which means a small force can hold back a large one.
I'm fairly sure fighter jets have a service ceiling well above that.
yeah add some 5000lb or 10000lb of load to that plane and see whether it takes of or not.