Line of Actual Control (LAC) : India & Tibet Border Updates

1. Indian deep state is almost exclusively IAS officers and a handful of IFS and IPS(max 7/8 in total).
My own encounter with these folks make me believe that entire establishment is one massive echo chamber. They have a very precise and narrow thinking and they do not want any other ideas. One basic trait they look while recruiting is the ability to work as a hive mind. Interestingly, its more of factions of hive minds.

2. Both the political class( primarily Congress) and bureaucrats fear a situation where the Armed forces gain more primacy and want to keep total control of strategic affairs in their hand.
Very true and Pakistan's repeated coups didn't help either.

3. Congress particularly believed it is politically more prudent to not take military risks.
True. Though IG was a somewhat of an exception.

Congress's fear of the military can be gauged from its belligerent opposition and panic to the post of CDS in Vajpayee times and the dismantling of the TSD of the Indian Army. It genuinely fears a coup and it actually had protocols put in place to prevent it. I mean what do you expect the army to do if it is powerful enough and you want to give away Siachen?
Its not just congress. This issue is a much deeper problem in the polity and perhaps our psyche. Not just military, Indian polity is a very much wary of intelligence as well. IK Gujral almost destroyed entire R&AW. My guess is polity is more worried about these agencies and military aligning with their opponents to remove them from power or pull dirt on them.

Reactions: jetray
Both the political class( primarily Congress) and bureaucrats fear a situation where the Armed forces gain more primacy and want to keep total control of strategic affairs in their hand.
nehruvian fear, after seeing a lot of developing countries go thru military coups they decided to make rip military of all the autonomy. More or less now its the dog in the manger policy. Neither would they follow up on national security matters nor would they allow military to do it. Military should atleast be given a representation at the table when they formulate long term strategy instead of letting bureaucrats running riot.

It is a bad decision & if you recall, I asked why India is not conducting a pre-emptive strike.
As to why it is not, I can only imagine because of the economic & pandemic situation.
If there are any other reasons, I cannot imagine.

Swings in economic health is temporary. As well is the pandemic.

Modi never wanted war with either Paxtan or China. he made surprise visit to Nawaz Sharif's birthday or daughter's wedding (whatever it was), but what he got in return was Pathankot. That changed his mind to turn his friendship gesture in to a foe. But still he prodded the path of proving to Paxtan by inviting their intelligence agencies to the spot of crime. He did not retaliate yet. But Uri put the last nail in the coffin. Rest is history.

Same approach Modi adopted with China and that is why he was doing the balancing act of maintaining relationship with the Quad and the rest, everytime keeping India's interest supreme. After Doklam, he was reluctant to engage with China, till few days were left for the Wuhan meet. He agreed to give prosperity another chance. As in the case of Uri, Galwan put the last nail in the coffin. You can clearly see that Modi is on TOTAL offensive, in a subtle way. You will never know it un till the first shot is actually fired. In foreign policy relationships, there are several steps in the escalation ladder, and Modi has made up his mind to slowly and steadily climb it. He has now decided to be part of the group of China's enemies and will fight the enemy collectively from different fronts to make it bleed to death. Because he is now convinced and has now made up his mind that there cannot be any dealing with a Dhoorth.

None of our opinion and thinking matters, what matters is what Modi is thinking. And you can only infer/guess it from the steps he is taking and the lull you need to sense before the arrival of the storm.

If it is so how do we use it in our BMD program?
AFAIK, the terminal guidance or seeking the target is provided by IIR seekers in PDV. Midcourse guidance is based on INS. Detection and tracking is done swordfish. Swordfish radar is also called as Long Range Tracking Radar -- so yes it is indeed a fire control radar for BMD.

Last edited:
From what I have read and understood about Indian defence and from interviews of retd Gens in the last 1 decade. These are my conclusions:
1. Indian deep state is almost exclusively IAS officers and a handful of IFS and IPS(max 7/8 in total).
2. Both the political class( primarily Congress) and bureaucrats fear a situation where the Armed forces gain more primacy and want to keep total control of strategic affairs in their hand.
3. Congress particularly believed it is politically more prudent to not take military risks.
Congress's fear of the military can be gauged from its belligerent opposition and panic to the post of CDS in Vajpayee times and the dismantling of the TSD of the Indian Army. It genuinely fears a coup and it actually had protocols put in place to prevent it. I mean what do you expect the army to do if it is powerful enough and you want to give away Siachen?

Syndrome with the leaders, bureaucrats and military in India is 'ghar ka sher'. You can't teach good lessons to your adversaries but you rather show or try to dominate your own people, and show off in front of them. Even coup in India by military will be 1000 times more corrupt than babus, becaue then it will happen openly and you will watch them looting you helplessly, why because military comes from same stock of people where politicians come from.. And if you are in some misconception that in Military rule if you will get back Aksai Hind or POJK, then you are highly mistaken.

Reactions: Paro
My understanding is the terrain plays a vital part.
India will be using the S-400s well within our border. Therefore, to destroy it an adversary has to cross over while being tracked all the way.
In this case, China has to use it very close to the border in a mountainous region where the radar's capabilities will get hampered by the terrain to a great extent. Honestly, even though in theory it sounds plausible that Chinese S-400s can be taken out easily, need to wait and see how it pans out in practice (if at all).

Brahmos is one of the deadly weapons in Indo Tibetian border not because of it's speed, accuracy, and terrain hugging mode but one of the coolest features that is vertical jump when you combine all this feature in a single missile which is flying at Mach3 + hugging to the terrain before it hits to the target take a jump over the mountain and hitting hidden military assets...Wallah Habibi :p

Brahmos is one of the deadly weapons in Indo Tibetian border not because of it's speed, accuracy, and terrain hugging mode but one of the coolest features that is vertical jump when you combine all this feature in a single missile which is flying at Mach3 + hugging to the terrain before it hits to the target take a jump over the mountain and hitting hidden military assets...Wallah Habibi

Only if it flies over the plateau , otherwise it will be a waste.

Just heard on news channel that meteor and SCALP has already arrived. And Barak-8 land based from Israel is borrowed for deployment in Ladhakh.

Reactions: Defc0n
One of the Pro Chinese defense forum acknowledged the name of killed soldiers on 15th June. And they aren't happy with CCP. One original picture and translated picture:

I thought there is hardly any Tibetans in PLA and the whole Tibetan people hate China and follows Dalali lama.

Is it true that there is considerable support to China among Tibetans and they serve in PLA?

Is it true that there is considerable support to China among Tibetans and they serve in PLA?
I guess situation will be similar to Kashmiri in our security and defence forces. BTW, there are han-chicoms in Tibet as well.

India should warn Nepal to be ready to bear the consequences if its territory is used for any activity threatening the National Security of India, including electronic monitoring services.
Agencies need to get few scandalous images and/or videos of Chinese crushing nepalese folks. Like ones seen in Pakistan. It will screw Oli over.

Agencies need to get few scandalous images and/or videos of Chinese crushing nepalese folks. Like ones seen in Pakistan. It will screw Oli over.

Oli is already screwed. I remember seeing some post about him ranting about Indian conspiracy to throw him out. However, I believe that a cordial relation with Nepal is mandatory. There is no way we should destroy our relationship with Nepal coz of few Oli and likes..

Reactions: noksss