LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

I don't think DCS deals require DSCA notification.

Also, integrating a weapon comes under R&D, so even if JDAMs are bought under FMS, it's not gonna cover R&D. Only once a contract is placed for JDAMs under FMS will we see a DSCA notification.
But is there official source from Indian side?

No one calls it official. I meant MoD PR or other documents.

This move is way too small for an official announcement. At best, someone answers it in an interview once the Mk1A prototype starts flying. I guess we will know for sure only after some JDAMs are bought.

I guess we will know for sure only after some JDAMs are bought.

What will the US demand in return for accepting our request for JDAMs

We would not like to look desperate for JDAMs

The MQ 9 and Follow on order for APACHES are the probable deals that might get closed along with JDAMs

This move is way too small for an official announcement. At best, someone answers it in an interview once the Mk1A prototype starts flying. I guess we will know for sure only after some JDAMs are bought.
Official records are not based on quantity.

What will the US demand in return for accepting our request for JDAMs

We would not like to look desperate for JDAMs

The MQ 9 and Follow on order for APACHES are the probable deals that might get closed along with JDAMs

Why will they demand anything? It's already more money in the bag for them if there's another jet in the world using American weapons.

If a deal is signed, we may not even hear about it because it's so small that it can easily be hidden. 500 bombs at $30k will cost only $15M.
Official records are not based on quantity.

Dunno what you mean.

25 MK 1 TEJAS have been inducted so far . 11 to be received by next year
: IAF Chief

Mk 2 is in prototype stage

And Tejas Fanboys want MRFA to be scrapped in favour of indigenous fighters
The single seaters are almost all ready. We do know that the 27th airframe was delivered few months back. By now 29th would have been delivered and final assembly works would be going on the last 2 , ie 31st and 32nd.

PS: This is my estimate. Purely.

Another thing is that the trainers have started being assembled. And HAL is aiming the trainer rollout by this year end.

For MK1A. Now this is intersting, I have read a couple of handles on twitter who say that the first test bed for Mk1A will actually be a modified LSP aircraft. So if that's true then that should roll out soon.

Let's see.

And for mrfa, as I have said again and again, Su30MKI, LCA, LCA MK2, AMCA and MRFA all are necessary and cannot be a replacement for other . It's foolish even to think so.

And Tejas Fanboys want MRFA to be scrapped in favour of indigenous fighters

That was never gonna happen anyway.

For MK1A. Now this is intersting, I have read a couple of handles on twitter who say that the first test bed for Mk1A will actually be a modified LSP aircraft. So if that's true then that should roll out soon.

Yeah, the Mk1A prototype is based on an LSP.

The closest thing Egypt is now to signing is new deal for 24 Eurofighters. With 200+ F16, 54 Rafale , 40+ new Mig29s and possibly Su35 too, I find the news difficult to believe.

Dunno about Mk1A, but the F-16s can be replaced by the LCA Mk2 from 2030 onwards. And we are offering production tech too.