LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Tejas mk2 thread has sometweets of mine,

where I "discuss" some "interesting issues" ,

on Tejas Mk1 with our "esteemed","knowledgeable prrofessor ProdyutDas"

Who"writes" , "highly informative " articles on Tejas

in "vayu Aerospace", whose editorial board , filled with "similaraerodynamic genius" like our Das,

Hilarious reading folks,

ofcourse it was very disappointing for me to end that convo with this tweet,

Tejas mk2 thread has sometweets of mine,

where I "discuss" some "interesting issues" ,

on Tejas Mk1 with our "esteemed","knowledgeable prrofessor ProdyutDas"

Who"writes" , "highly informative " articles on Tejas

in "vayu Aerospace", whose editorial board , filled with "similaraerodynamic genius" like our Das,

Hilarious reading folks,

ofcourse it was very disappointing for me to end that convo with this tweet,

An aircraft is a platform which does many things. Tejas is an excellent platform which does its job outstandingly. As a fighter pilot, I can tell you that air combat gets over within 30 seconds and Tejas has outstanding instantenious turn rate(ITR) being a tailless delta platform. It may suffer in sustained rate. But with helmet mounted sights capable of guiding missiles, who needs sustained turn rate. Its more about shoot and scoot and Tejas has variety of such weapons which allow it to do so. You can never beat the ITR of a compound delta plan form. F-16 in all its variants has never won any combat against M2K. But what the Professor forgot was that Tejas has beaten every platform of IAF in three dimensional weapon delivery. From A2A to Ground targets and anti ship role. The professor is wrong on many counts as he has no knowledge of what modern combat is all about.

Look at the source.

A very small number of Hammer were procured for Rafale. As a stop-gap till Spice PGM is ready.

Btw, Where is the US FMS notification related to JDAM?

I don't think DCS deals require DSCA notification.

Also, integrating a weapon comes under R&D, so even if JDAMs are bought under FMS, it's not gonna cover R&D. Only once a contract is placed for JDAMs under FMS will we see a DSCA notification.