LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

E00B356F-EB77-4C2A-AC86-8CDFAE4F0B83.jpeg

Reactions: Gautam and SammyBoi
IAFs maintenance facilities are world renowned for focking with every type of aircraft they get their hands on. It was a test sortie to check some minor work done with something related to FCS of the aircraft outside it’s Homebase which is serviced by HAL.
@Milspec what type of QC these guys maintain ?

Wing Commander Varun Singh has done a huge Service for the Country and LCA programme

Not only he saved the plane but by bringing back the plane safely , ADA and HAL could analyse and solve the problem

A Tejas crash would have been a big setback for the MK1 A , which is progressing rapidly

Wing Commander Varun Singh has done a huge Service for the Country and LCA programme

Not only he saved the plane but by bringing back the plane safely , ADA and HAL could analyse and solve the problem

A Tejas crash would have been a big setback for the MK1 A , which is progressing rapidly
Problem is in IAF which has worst record of workmanship and professionalism.
I doubt pilot has anything to do with it. He did his best and luckily was able to save both his live and his aircraft. Otherwise every year dozens of pilots loose their lives due to fault of someone else.

Maamu, this could well be the smoking gun Paxtanis were looking for . What smoking gun you ask ? Doosra banda ! Remember him ? Does it ring a bell ?

After all Paxtanis on Twitter were going ga ga the day the GoI released a press statement announcing a deal with Russia for 12 Su-30 MKI & 21 MiG-29 asking if the IAF claims 11 Su-30 MKIs were lost & none on 27th Feb then why was IAF procuring 12 of them ? When some Indians pointed out that by the same logic we may have lost 21 MiG-29s too , Paxtani Twitter did what Paxtanis do best - spit & run .

IAFs maintenance facilities are world renowned for focking with every type of aircraft they get their hands on. It was a test sortie to check some minor work done with something related to FCS of the aircraft outside it’s Homebase which is serviced by HAL.

Stuff like this happens early in a program.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
Shit happens.

I doubt pilot has anything to do with it. He did his best and luckily was able to save both his live and his aircraft. Otherwise every year dozens of pilots loose their lives due to fault of someone else.
IAF cannot modify FCS on their own it is a job of HAL and ADA can't u read properly that he was carrying out check sortie.

Hmmm. So, the OEM (HAL) is providing support as of today, in situ at the base. But the problem is IAF's? Interesting viewpoint.

I’m cant say for sure but I believe it’s because the base in question does not have HAL facilities.
But then you have better knowledge of these things than most of us.
You mean to say if you buy a brand new Audi car you will trust a local garage for repairs instead of going to authorised Audi service center or availing their Road side assistance.... Great logic.

But I don't believe that IAF would allow anyone except for HAL personnel to even touch LCA Tejas which in any case is still under warranty...

I’m cant say for sure but I believe it’s because the base in question does not have HAL facilities.
But then you have better knowledge of these things than most of us.

Then do drop in a suggestion that perhaps IAF is messing up somewhere? (It happens. When they install HAL supplied East European sourced spares for Mig-21)

Your statement came out as if you know something that even IAF does not know ... :I
You mean to say if you buy a brand new Audi car you will trust a local garage for repairs instead of going to authorised Audi service center or availing their Road side assistance.... Great logic.

But I don't believe that IAF would allow anyone except for HAL personnel to even touch LCA Tejas which in any case is still under warranty...

HAL has to be in-situ as operational flying has other issues and the SOPs have to be refined. Making them in Sulur was different. The environment was "contained". Now, in operational flying, new intricacies will start creeping up.

What I meant to say is when your tyres goes flat, you don’t wait for OEM to repair it. You use whatever is available Fan bhai

Last edited: