LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

While discussions keep in mind there are actually two AAMs I Derby and I Derby ER actually.

While normal I Derby has max envelope between 50-80 km depending upon altitude,etc the ER has 100+ km range.

We as of today cannot say for sure that it was ER version which was test fired from LCA. But we do have the ER missile for our SPYDER system.

Reactions: Sathya
Their brochure says 80NM for air to air. Thats muat be the range for ideal conditions i guess. If its 80 NM i doubt it can direct Derby ER to its full range.

As of 2014-15 while still trying to market IAI Kfir upgrade, Israel offered two systems. One system had 2032 radar and I Derby package.
So the normal I Derby is fully capable to be used to its full potential from that radar.

As of 2014-15 while still trying to market IAI Kfir upgrade, Israel offered two systems. One system had 2032 radar and I Derby package.
So the normal I Derby is fully capable to be used to its full potential from that radar.
Here we are talking about derby ER version & ELM2032.

sukhoi_lca_formation_dsc_9145_1920px_wm.jpg

Reactions: STEPHEN COHEN

According to Indranil, next set ot tejas will be inducted in group s.

How many are in advanced stage of assembly?

Will they be able compete with Rafale production now.

How nice it would be to induct 5 rafale & 5 Tejas side by side.

According to Indranil, next set ot tejas will be inducted in group s.
Groups ? of how many ?
How many are in advanced stage of assembly?

Will they be able compete with Rafale production now.
I have no idea. Stopped following Tejas program a while back.
How nice it would be to induct 5 rafale & 5 Tejas side by side.
It would be great. Groups of 5 then ?

Groups ? of how many ?

" FOC aircraft were facing some butting issues. I don't know if they have been resolved already. But as soon as it is done, expect mk1s to come out of the assembly lines in a hurry. . "

His post elsewhere.

-----++---
Group of 5 is my wishing unfortunately.

Groups ? of how many ?

Went through the article.
3 are ready including one that delivered already.

3 are in various stages of construction

Another 2 for this financial year - 3+3+2 = 8 per year.

Screenshot_2020-10-01 csir-award-2020 pdf.png

CSIR-NAL was mandated to develop Advanced Composites Technology for the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA-Tejas) with support from ADA in 1990’s because of strategic technology denials. NAL developed in-house technology and played a stellar role in the realization of Technology Demonstrators (TD), Prototype Versions(PV), and LimitedSeries Production (LSP) culminating in Series Production (SP) aircraft. NAL developed 165 parts for the LCA program and transferred the manufacturing technology for 152 parts to HAL in 2005. Subsequently, NAL took upon the challenge of streamlining various manufacturing processes for the remaining13 critical complex cocured parts to meet standards of series production.NALexecuted an order of 20 sets of composite parts with the production partner M/s Tata Advanced Materials Limited (TAML)while meeting the stringent quality requirements of regulatory authorities. This has led to a follow up order of 20 sets with more in the pipeline. This is testimony to the successful commercialization of composite technology developed byNAL. The Cocuring Technologydeveloped by CSIR-NAL for LCA-Tejashas resulted in a40% reduction in the part count, a 50% reduction in the number of fasteners,30% reduction in the assembly time and weight reduction of 20%.An investment of about Rs.100 crores has led to a foreign exchange saving of over Rs.3000crores.For this outstanding achievement, CSIR-NAL is being conferred the ‘Technology Award forBusinessDevelopment&Technology Marketing, 2020’.

Eh.....Which one ?! I don't recall writing about jigs.

""" Aircraft parts if not built to ICY standards, then every time it needs a pipe or panel, a standalone one will need to be manufactured. It will cause serious maintenance headache.

The video showing first forward fuselage built to ICY standards indicates aircraft built and inducted before are not to ICY standards. They will either require stand alone maintenance or need retrofit with ICY standard parts at a later date.

Achieving ICY was a gradual process.

So to summarize from these news reports -
SP3 - 50 Panels and 340 pipelines are achieving ICY
SP4 - Around 100 Panels and 700+ pipelines are achieving ICY
by SP7 - All 147 panels and for 830 pipelines out of 934 pipelines are achieving ICY
SPXX onwards - forward fuselage achieving ICY (October 2020)

This is the reason why the first two squadrons are based at Sulur, Coimbatore, close to HAL Bangalore, so that non-unique parts can be custom built at HAL Bangalore for repairs/maintenance.

Those doing rona dhona on large orders being not placed need to track when ICY is completely achieved so that proper mass production can commence and aircraft maintenance can be standardized at IAF bases.

BTW this is normal growth profile for an aircraft, just like a baby takes 18 years to become a voting adult.

Just like a human doesnt get a job unless he reaches a certain age and maturity.

Reason I am highlighting this is to counter the rona dhona and fake conspiracy theories of IAF not ordering/inducting Tejas."""