LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

In your opinion , LCA should be paired up or teamed up with which Existing Fighter in IAF

As a part of a Mixed Fighter package
To utilise its Combat Potential to the
Fullest Or LCAs should operate on their own
As I had stated. LCA is a point defense Fighter and I will use it as such and if it needs to be paired with another aircraft, I will pair it with M2K and Jags.

Ajai is Not a Journalist
He is a Congress party member

His job is to find faults with everything that this Govt does
Respectfully disagree,
He has his own strong views, sometimes they go against the this government, he was also brutal with UPA, and did not miss a chance to double down on IAF's incompetence and general lack of structure in procurement. If there are faults to be found and someone is still cares to find those faults, thats national service in my opinion, as there are enough so called journalists out there with pom poms for the propaganda machine.
Anyone who is raises his voice against the current dispensation does not automatically become congress party member.

Here is Ajai laying into UPA's regime,
Broadsword: Air force resists Antony’s order for indigenous trainer aircraft
Broadsword: Army chief slams BEML on Tatra, awards it Rs 1,500-cr deal
Broadsword: Army chief’s crosshairs on Attorney General
Broadsword: MoD’s offset farce: notes for the CAG
Broadsword: Scuttling a “Made in India” project: the case of the HTT-40 trainer

Was he a Sanghi back then?

Last edited:

The DRDO developed SPS for LCA Mk-2 combines DRDO's DR118 Advanced RWR featuring targeted Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM) based signal jamming & decoy dispensing system with 360-deg coverage pod mounted radar jammer. @ajaishukla makes a valid point.

The question is, can HAL afford to delay LCA Mk-2 waiting on DRDO to complete development and testing and possibly lose the IAF order or at least what is left of its reputation? Clearly, MoD is not applying its mind and @DefenceMinIndia needs to intervene.

Sorry! LCA Mk-1A not LCA Mk-2

after going through few other s , twitter post
seems mig 29 has 2 generator ,while Tejas only1
internal vs external
israel gave permission to ELTA but not elisra of mig 29

and there is chance that in MK2, it could be indigenous

Reactions: Shekhar Singh
Israeli vS Euro radar

with details regarding the capability comparison and price of the competitors not available.

how can we know whats right or wrong ?

Meteor integration was refused initially with Su 30 Mki ( understandable )

now non - European radars ( why ? fear of counter measures )

When for the BVR missile itself such a restriction is imposed , i wonder how Euro - AESA radar will be sold ?

there was a news report before the aesa radar selection, Israel jacked up the price of radar thus tender..
how much are we paying now ?

is the decision linked Su 30 Upgrade ? after having seen the process so far, i guess NOT.

Respectfully disagree,
He has his own strong views, sometimes they go against the this government, he was also brutal with UPA, and did not miss a chance to double down on IAF's incompetence and general lack of structure in procurement. If there are faults to be found and someone is still cares to find those faults, thats national service in my opinion, as there are enough so called journalists out there with pom poms for the propaganda machine.
Anyone who is raises his voice against the current dispensation does not automatically become congress party member.

Here is Ajai laying into UPA's regime,
Broadsword: Air force resists Antony’s order for indigenous trainer aircraft
Broadsword: Army chief slams BEML on Tatra, awards it Rs 1,500-cr deal
Broadsword: Army chief’s crosshairs on Attorney General
Broadsword: MoD’s offset farce: notes for the CAG
Broadsword: Scuttling a “Made in India” project: the case of the HTT-40 trainer

Was he a Sanghi back then?

He was gun for hire back then... so is he now...

Are you by any chance the said correspondent for this newspaper? @randomradio

I ask coz the FOC was supposed to happen by this year end and the article is, for want of a better word, still super optimistic that it will happen as scheduled .

Lol, no. But Bangalore Mirror generally comes out with much better information than mainstream papers about this subject.

All the parameters needed to get FOC have already been met. Now it's up to clearing bureaucratic hurdles in the DRDO and MoD once the IAF accepts the FOC configuration. So it's all pen-pushing from here on out.

Discussions in BR

~ something can happen in Jan 4 same date LCA first flew ? FOC

~ Dr.Christopher promised Kaveri powered tejas before aero India 2019

~ Uttam to fly ?
They are discussing many points like first flight of Mk1a, integration of Uttam AESA, Integration of GE414 without Air intake redesign. FOC of mk1 etc.

FOC is expected this time. No more pushing dates.

Uttam is not connected to Mk1. But even its flight test is expected soon. Getting it ready to fly before air show is very strong.

Kaveri powered Tejas is possible in 2019, but it's very unlikely before air show. But I'd like to be surprised.

Reactions: Shekhar Singh
Kaveri powered Tejas is possible in 2019, but it's very unlikely before air show. But I'd like to be surprised.

Ida yenu Anna, hosa galaate? @Sancho

What's this new confusion?

Eeh ka confusion hai, babua? @Arvind

বিভ্রান্তি ভাই কি?
Bibhrānti bhā'i ki?

എന്താണ് ഈ ആശയക്കുഴപ്പം, സഹോദരൻ?
entāṇ ī āśayakkuḻappaṁ, sahēādaran?

let the thing get the FOC first - we can talk abotu UTTAM, Kaveri, Mk1A later. this has become a joke already - lets not get carried away any further. we need to temper our expectations to the actual reality on the ground now - which is - we need FOC first.

Reactions: Sancho
All the parameters needed to get FOC have already been met. Now it's up to clearing bureaucratic hurdles in the DRDO and MoD once the IAF accepts the FOC configuration. So it's all pen-pushing from here on out.

Gun trials done?

FOC is expected this time. No more pushing dates.

Heh. I know better than to fall for that bro.

You're talking about Safranized Kaveri? No way. If it's to be flying on Tejas next year that means it should have been flying on Il-76 this year. You'll be flying with an entirely different core and there's no way it'll be put straight on a single-engine plane for testing.

Reactions: Sancho
Gun trials done?

It's out of FOC.

You're talking about Safranized Kaveri? No way. If it's to be flying on Tejas next year that means it should have been flying on Il-76 this year. You'll be flying with an entirely different core and there's no way it'll be put straight on a single-engine plane for testing.

Regular Kaveri. Safranized is roughly a decade away.