LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

1707631824990.png

In a significant development towards Tejas Mk1A programme, the Digital Fly by Wire Flight Control Computer (DFCC) was integrated in prototype LSP7 and successfully flown on 19th Feb 2024. DFCC has been indigenously developed by the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru for the Tejas - Mk1A.

Is this what we are going to integrate in Mirage 2005 too?

A source in HAL told Janes that the company aims to deliver the first two aircraft by 31 March. “The IAF has requested the handover of at least one Mk 1A aircraft before this date,” the source said.

“The production of the first two LCA Mk 1A aircraft is almost complete, and we need to ensure that all systems, parts, and components of the aircraft pass inspections in preparation for the handover to the IAF,” the source said.

Janes understands that HAL is working to avoid a potential rejection of the aircraft by the IAF because of a production defect, however minor. “We are trying to ensure that the aircraft will pass the final inspection,” the HAL source said.

Planes also go through factory acceptance test, pre dispatch inspection at vendors place I guess . HAL was trying to complete at least 1 fighter and 2 trainers delivery by this FY closure ie 31st March. In case any delay, they will take the small LD (or argue the case if delay not attributed to them). Production capacity is expanded now so delivery won't be a problem for next batches, they would do earlier than scheduled.

• Haha
Reactions: Hydra and Parthu
Planes also go through factory acceptance test, pre dispatch inspection at vendors place I guess . HAL was trying to complete at least 1 fighter and 2 trainers delivery by this FY closure ie 31st March. In case any delay, they will take the small LD (or argue the case if delay not attributed to them). Production capacity is expanded now so delivery won't be a problem for next batches, they would do earlier than scheduled.
I would be more than happy if they are atleast able to complete the delivery of 8/18 trainers and atleast 4 Tejas mk1a by the end of 2024.

Reactions: marich01
It's FOC Mk1 from No18.
wheels are down, and it was flying very stable. I'm not sure what can be the cause of the failure ? Its a brand-new plane (FOC variant). Should investigate thoroughly. But one thing is now proven, the safety systems are working as expected.

It's really bad day for defense.
it is said Modi will be attending first flight of Mk1A.
Don't know vat what stage additional 90 Mk1A , orders are at.