LCA Tejas Mk1 & Mk1A - News and discussions

Cross posting, HAL update on Mk1A

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Trickery on part of HAL?

They are supposed to deliver 8 Trainers in current FY right?

If 2 trainers will be from mk1a order, this means that from IOC/FOC order only 6 out of 8 will be delivered?

You see what they are doing? Since all the trainers are to be of same standards. And HAL is contractually obliged to deliver 3 Mk1a order aircrafts by current FY, they will say that the delays are in ioc/FOC order. Not the recent mk1a order. And thereby try to bury the things , hoping no one questions them.

Reactions: marich01 and Ashwin
Trickery on part of HAL?

If 2 trainers will be from mk1a order, this means that from IOC/FOC order only 6 out of 8 will be delivered?

You see what they are doing? Since all the trainers are to be of same standards. And HAL is contractually obliged to deliver 3 Mk1a order aircrafts by current FY, they will say that the delays are in ioc/FOC order. Not the recent mk1a order. And thereby try to bury the things , hoping no one questions them.

I think it's Mk1A deal included Fine for delays.

Probably Not for Mk1 orders.

May be Mk1 delays are genuine which they don't want to impact Mk1A delivery timeline s

Reactions: marich01
I think it's Mk1A deal included Fine for delays.

Probably Not for Mk1 orders.

May be Mk1 delays are genuine which they don't want to impact Mk1A delivery timeline s
All the 18 trainers across all orders are of same standards and all the long lead items were most probably ordered in single order.

That's why I am just pointing out this small manipulation.

• Agree
Reactions: marich01 and Sathya
Trickery on part of HAL?

Yes, happens in a lot of field, creative use of loopholes we call it :D
Anyway imo some trainers may have already been made. After all its the schedule that matters. So up to them how to send those in. I won't be too fussed, esp if some newer certified gears make it into the airframe.

Reactions: Sathya
Posted full HAL call transcript in industry section if you need to read for any updates that were given in the analyst meeting. Nothing too different just a better writeup compared to the iffy audio writeup before.

4 new systems, likely the SPJ pod, Ew suite, maws and maybe radar. This was not said explicitly, but very likely as we can understand.

Reactions: Sathya and marich01