INS Vikrant (IAC1) & INS Vikramaditya - News & Discussions

When I had seen it, it was in the creek on the bank of Lake/creek towards bridge side. I think I might have some old pics as well but unfortunately my old Compaq laptop is gone permanently I guess with decades of information still stored in the hard drive. Seems to be malfunction with either the Charger or battery.
You can use the same Old Laptop hard drive as portable storage device using aftermarket Enclosures.

Reactions: RISING SUN

1640334090357.png

1640334118776.png

@vstol Jockey @Gautam @randomradio @Picdelamirand-oil i have seen in many naval vessels, the bridge's wind Sheild is alway tilted outward. Why not a straight profile or slanted inward towards the personals inside as we see in cars, inward profile is more aerodynamic favoured position I guess. What is the purpose of choosing such non traditional design in naval vessels? Seen such things even in tug boats.

@vstol Jockey @Gautam @randomradio @Picdelamirand-oil i have seen in many naval vessels, the bridge's wind Sheild is alway tilted outward. Why not a straight profile or slanted inward towards the personals inside as we see in cars, inward profile is more aerodynamic favoured position I guess. What is the purpose of choosing such non traditional design in naval vessels? Seen such things even in tug boats.

To reduce type of glare

Only the Flyco windshields are tilted this way to allow the people to watch below and have clear view of the deck. Take a look at any ATC tower, you will find similer windows.

To reduce type of glare
A more detailed answer

This is to avoid a phenomenon called Total Internal Reflection.

This is defined as “the complete reflection of a light ray reaching an interface with a less dense medium when the angle of incidence exceeds the critical angle.”

Basically if the windows were not inclined, then at certain viewing angles, there would be a reflection seen from the inside of the Bridge, which is not desirable. Therefor to avoid this, SOLAS specifies that Bridge windows be inclined at an angle of not less than 15 deg top out.

Why are the windows of bridges of ships always inclined?

Why are the windows of bridges of ships always inclined?

Can you give us an update on IAC-2? Particularly when the IAC-1 has now been through the sea-trials.

CNS:
The IAC-1 under construction at Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) has commenced sea trials and is likely to be handed over to the IN by mid-2022. As we are aware that gestation period for carrier construction is long, we need to start planning the replacement for INS Vikramaditya, which would be in its end of service life by 2040.

Can you give us an update on IAC-2? Particularly when the IAC-1 has now been through the sea-trials.

CNS:
The IAC-1 under construction at Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) has commenced sea trials and is likely to be handed over to the IN by mid-2022. As we are aware that gestation period for carrier construction is long, we need to start planning the replacement for INS Vikramaditya, which would be in its end of service life by 2040.

Propulsion is a problem on R33. 2040-45 will be the time it will go out.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
We are cutting down P8I, Ka31 purchase due to CAPEX strains, we have 0 Minesweepers, Submarine arm is growing ancient, Helicopters is a mess, not enough funds to buy even MALE surveillance platforms and among all this an aircraft carrier.

Do we realise that the 26 Fighter Jet procurement will cost us somewhere between 5-6 billion USD minimum.

We need to have some sense for the procurement plans.