Indian Naval Aviation : Updates and Discussions

IN has concluded contract with HAL to deliver 36 aircraft
comprising 12 Dorniers, 16 ALH and Eight Chetaks and delivery of these aircraft
are being progressed as per contractual timelines. In addition, three out of four
additional P8Is contracted have been delivered in Sep 21 and the fourth P8I is
scheduled to be delivered by end Jan 22. 24 MRH contracted in early 2020 are
scheduled for delivery in India from 2022 onward. Further, AoN exists for
procurement of additional six P8I, six Kamov 31 and 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
(under SP model). In order to keep pace with technology wrt unmanned aerial
assets, case for procurement of ten Naval Ship-borne Unmanned Aerial Systems
(NSUAS) is under contract conclusion stage and a case for procurement of 10
HALE RPAs is being progressed for accord of AoN.

20220404_175440.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Amal and Parthu

Some interesting tidbits about NP5 in this thread.

Can u briefly point out the tid bits?

What I could understand is certain items were to be replaced from Tejas Mk1 to NP 5.

However it's delayed more than 5 years, project definition itself changed including role of test bed for Tedbf., which may have included even more newer items to adopt and certify.

What I could understand is certain items were to be replaced from Tejas Mk1 to NP 5.

However it's delayed more than 5 years, project definition itself changed including role of test bed for Tedbf., which may have included even more newer items to adopt and certify.
Changes in hud, communication, batteries, etc mentioned point wise in the docs.

Take NP5 as a test bed for 2 possible things.

1. Getting a carrier based Trainer Aircraft. Remember our Hawks cannot fly from aircraft carriers like USNs.

2. Using it to collect more data points and eventually start testing LRUs which can go into TEDBF.

Reactions: Sathya

Project definition didn't change requirement changed. This is a prototype which will be useful to get test data. They have funds available and navy said they will support completion of the development which will be useful for TEDBF.