Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

I suspect a great deal has to do with the respective services budgets apart from the usual bureaucratic inertia .

I remember having this conversation with @Hellfire some time back .

IIRC it was centred on the LCH & the same procedural rigmarole involved . He detailed those steps & it took some 3-4 yrs , if I'm not mistaken , between issuance of AoN & a firm order for the initial lot .
We really need to cut down on the paperwork.

Reactions: Chain Smoker
20220415_233012.jpg

5 problems, 1 solution? 😂 (Not really problem though, just wanted to use the tagline)

R73, Python, ASRAAM, MICA, Magic...

Once stopgap measures are complete, it increasingly looks like Astra Mk2, Mk3 and this new CCM will become our standard missiles across the board.

2022 has signalled the crucifixion of imports. So contracts at advanced stages may be ending, particularly missiles meant to equip the LCA Mk1A.

RFI for anti armour canister launched loitering munitions released by Indian Army. 60 min endurance, 15km range and 500mm RHA penetration for top attack mode. Initial numbers , 150 for mechanised infantry units.
Canister launch means vehicle mounted?
For launcher s fixed on land at borders ?
Or Urban warfare plans?
Otherwise 15 km seems less.

Astra MK-2 Missile-Is Powered by a Dual Pulse Solid Rocket Motor Which Makes It Deadlier by Increasing Its Range, and According To Latest Reports Astra MK-2 Is Ready for Trials and Four Su-30 MKI’s Are Being Upgraded To Test Astra MK-2’s. The Test Will Be Conducted In 2022.