Indian Missiles and Munitions Discussion

The problem was probably in the GNC kit, not the engine.

In time for what ? There will always be some milestone event coming up. Its important that we keep building. The tech isn't anything too fancy, just big solid rockets with some good guidance systems.
And that GNC kit is supplied by RCI . It happened before also.

• Agree
Reactions: Gautam
Why our slbm looks Marasmic in comparison to say Russia or Chyna.
NoKo’s slbm for reference @hellbent
5D77C5CA-F23C-4AF5-8034-B3750A42FA08.jpeg

Vs

7266FCB3-2C27-445F-8F6E-A4A040667FDF.jpeg

Why our slbm looks Marasmic in comparison to say Russia or Chyna.
This is JL-1 vs JL-2

1602656162370.png

It should give you an idea why our missiles look so stunted. Basically, we are now having a missile deloyed which China had in late 80s to early 90s. Though our subs are a bit better than their Xia class subs.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaktimaan
Look up the TL of the Brahmos & how long did it take us to develop various components of it viz seeker, booster & propulsion systems. FYI - we've still not developed the ramjet engine & it's about 18 years since we've inducted the 1st Brahmos. That should give you a fair idea.

You could refer to the Nirbhay too. We began preliminary work on it in 2010 & we've just about developed the Manik turbofan which isn't a mature time tested product by any yardstick.

• Agree
Reactions: Bali78
Look up the TL of the Brahmos & how long did it take us to develop various components of it viz seeker, booster & propulsion systems. FYI - we've still not developed the ramjet engine & it's about 18 years since we've inducted the 1st Brahmos. That should give you a fair idea.

You could refer to the Nirbhay too. We began preliminary work on it in 2010 & we've just about developed the Manik turbofan which isn't a mature time tested product by any yardstick.

You do realise brahmos is a JV and hence prone to shenanigans of the other partner.

The vijander guys is a Russian fanboy and ironically he is ex military

I am wondering how the heck did he mange to compare indian seekers , data links with foreign ones without access to the Indian sub systems vis a vis corresponding foreign products.

I remember regularly reading his posts a long time back. Then I gave up as I saw increasing inconsistencies.

When the first test of the Nirbhay failed, he claimed India doesn't have any capabilities etc etc. Second test succeeded, he claimed the Russians helped us. 3rd test failed again, he started with the routine of DRDO can't do anything. So the saga continues. I have seen this pattern before.

His reporting of the Astra missiles development is no better. Same story. When news came of the development of a Ku band radar, he claimed DRDO can't do it as they have no prior experience. The rest is history.

How many days has it been since we tested the HSTDV or the SMART ? Both path breaking in their own right. Those missiles are 80s tech ? I used to admire his & Ajay Shukla's reporting. I also used to believe all ex-military guys must be undoubtedly great experts & will never have any ulterior motives. Then a gentleman by the name Panag came along. I rest my case.

Draw your conclusions mate, I have drawn mine.

You do realise brahmos is a JV and hence prone to shenanigans of the other partner.

I am wondering how the heck did he mange to compare indian seekers , data links with foreign ones without access to the Indian sub systems vis a vis corresponding foreign products.

Wasn't the reason why the then GoI proposed the JV with Russia due to our inexperience with such systems & to get a peek at it by our agencies.

Regardless, there's nothing to prevent us from developing our own series of supersonic & hypersonic missiles which we've got down to recently.

Yet it's taken us a full 2 decades & we've still not come up with our own ramjet. We'd get there not just with the ramjet but the scramjet too. There's only the minor issue of decades taken to do it.

He actually has never hidden it. There are numerous videos on YT where he is talking about sponsored trip to Russia for coverage of weapon launch. He is part of the lobby group.
Only fanboys take his adverts as gospel truth.
@Gautaum he is getting paid for all this propaganda. No one sponsors holiday tours in lavish Moscow hotel for nothing