Indian Electronics Manufacturing Developments : News, Updates and Discussions

Nilgiri

Dec 4, 2017
In my opinion it's too little too late. Look at the size of investment in the same field being done in the US. It's close to 35 billion USD.

Yah but got to start somewhere and make cpl educated gambits and forays and see how it unfurls.

There is lot of low end processing to capture after all, and those needs will always be there a long time (esp as robotics and networking need expand, if you look at processing needs of networks being quite low).

Just need to look at how much chinese exports are in so called "sunset" sectors after all....i.e past the propaganda stuff they want you to focus on instead.

This thing will always be there as stepping stone of gathering scale for later tiers. India has very much under-utilised what was on offer (missing several buses)....but I don't think its too late (buses always there for population/leverage of this size, its up to you to catch as they come)....just have to take course corrections and make do best you can.

Indian govt should offer incentive (as much as it can) but let corporates do leg work to analyse and take some educated risk to bring in seed supply chain or two.

Before they didn't even try (relative to what India had as infra + human capital available).

_Anonymous_

Dec 4, 2017
Mumbai
Yah but got to start somewhere and make cpl educated gambits and forays and see how it unfurls.

There is lot of low end processing to capture after all, and those needs will always be there a long time (esp as robotics and networking need expand, if you look at processing needs of networks being quite low).

Just need to look at how much chinese exports are in so called "sunset" sectors after all....i.e past the propaganda stuff they want you to focus on instead.

This thing will always be there as stepping stone of gathering scale for later tiers. India has very much under-utilised what was on offer (missing several buses)....but I don't think its too late (buses always there for population/leverage of this size, its up to you to catch as they come)....just have to take course corrections and make do best you can.

Indian govt should offer incentive (as much as it can) but let corporates do leg work to analyse and take some educated risk to bring in seed supply chain or two.

Before they didn't even try (relative to what India had as infra + human capital available).

Just to put things in perspective.

Reactions: Nilgiri

jetray

Mar 15, 2018
India
This is the way, this is what independent & strategic thinking is all about. Of course most pea brained ppl will say we can buy it off the shelf. Even chinese have a processor thats is comparable to older intel gen , in another 10-15 years they will be free of US control not just technologically but also economically.

Guess which country will still be stupidly left holding the bag after 10-20years ?