Indian Army General News And Updates

General SawhEINSTIEN telling us why he Quit the Army
I have a different view and I may be wrong on every count. India is a country of 1000's of contradictions along the lines of Language, Food, Clothes, Religions, Caste etc. Every country and its armed forces will love to learn how Indian Armed forces have cracked this code to unite its citizens who have volunteered to fight for the flag, in spite of all differences / divide. If our Armed forces have achieved nothing else, this itself is a herculean task and almost every fauji (except a few) will vouch that they will serve the nation again, if there were to be reborn. There are few who will not trade this to any other type of life. That is the tradition that has been built and credit to our armed forces leadership in continuing this tradition. The idea of having region based regiments should have been the primary reason for such unity, as they fight for Naam, Namak aur Nishan. This level of micro unity that in turn leads to Desh Bakti at a larger level. The same may not be possible if the regiments weren't regional. How do you turn a youth to a solider who is ready to lay down his life for a concept of Nation when a section of our country questions the very idea of standing up to the National Anthem or saluting our Tiranga? The Indian army does that and they in turn, fight until the last man and the last bullet. We won't have a Rezang La today, if that wasn't the case. How do you inculcate the idea of never to retreat and instill the idea of Vijay ya Veergati. It is through the process of regimentation and to follow the leader and his/her orders. Every one of the Armed forces will tell you that they win and loose as a team, as a unit and there are no lone wolves but they hunt as a pack of wolves. Hence every army will have either zero tolerance for insubordination or very little tolerance when the individual might be like our own Sher Shah (aka Capt. Vikram Batra). There is something called the art of negotiation and the ability to convince your leaders. There will be shortcomings in every organization and our armed forces are no exceptions. There are many practices that we have inherited from the British and over the years have been dropped / changed them to go with the time. There will be many that will be retained for various reasons that may not be palatable to many, including me. But when you talk to those who served our armed forces, you will find those with grievances and so is Pravin Sawhney. I salute his service to the nation and will take his criticism with a pinch of salt, with the thought that the current leadership listens to his view. They should make the necessary changes if the suggestions were found benefitting our Nation.

I have a different view and I may be wrong on every count. India is a country of 1000's of contradictions along the lines of Language, Food, Clothes, Religions, Caste etc. Every country and its armed forces will love to learn how Indian Armed forces have cracked this code to unite its citizens who have volunteered to fight for the flag, in spite of all differences / divide. If our Armed forces have achieved nothing else, this itself is a herculean task and almost every fauji (except a few) will vouch that they will serve the nation again, if there were to be reborn. There are few who will not trade this to any other type of life. That is the tradition that has been built and credit to our armed forces leadership in continuing this tradition. The idea of having region based regiments should have been the primary reason for such unity, as they fight for Naam, Namak aur Nishan. This level of micro unity that in turn leads to Desh Bakti at a larger level. The same may not be possible if the regiments weren't regional. How do you turn a youth to a solider who is ready to lay down his life for a concept of Nation when a section of our country questions the very idea of standing up to the National Anthem or saluting our Tiranga? The Indian army does that and they in turn, fight until the last man and the last bullet. We won't have a Rezang La today, if that wasn't the case. How do you inculcate the idea of never to retreat and instill the idea of Vijay ya Veergati. It is through the process of regimentation and to follow the leader and his/her orders. Every one of the Armed forces will tell you that they win and loose as a team, as a unit and there are no lone wolves but they hunt as a pack of wolves. Hence every army will have either zero tolerance for insubordination or very little tolerance when the individual might be like our own Sher Shah (aka Capt. Vikram Batra). There is something called the art of negotiation and the ability to convince your leaders. There will be shortcomings in every organization and our armed forces are no exceptions. There are many practices that we have inherited from the British and over the years have been dropped / changed them to go with the time. There will be many that will be retained for various reasons that may not be palatable to many, including me. But when you talk to those who served our armed forces, you will find those with grievances and so is Pravin Sawhney. I salute his service to the nation and will take his criticism with a pinch of salt, with the thought that the current leadership listens to his view. They should make the necessary changes if the suggestions were found benefitting our Nation.

My humble request to you is to write your lengthy comments in proper
PARA GRAPHS

This is difficult to read

PARA GRAPHS

My apologies for the long winded comment. I am new to any type of forums and hence the case. That said, my sincere appreciation to your constructive feedback. I will break my comments into paragraphs and post again. Thanks a ton!!!
PARA GRAPHS

I have a different view and I may be wrong on every count. India is a country of 1000's of contradictions along the lines of Language, Food, Clothes, Religions, Caste etc. Every country and its armed forces will love to learn how Indian Armed forces have cracked this code to unite its citizens who have volunteered to fight for the flag, in spite of all differences / divide.

If our Armed forces have achieved nothing else, this itself is a herculean task and almost every fauji (except a few) will vouch that they will serve the nation again, if there were to be reborn. There are few who will not trade this to any other type of life. That is the tradition that has been built and credit to our armed forces leadership in continuing this tradition.

The idea of having region based regiments should have been the primary reason for such unity, as they fight for Naam, Namak aur Nishan. This level of micro unity that in turn leads to Desh Bakti at a larger level. The same may not be possible if the regiments weren't regional. How do you turn a youth to a solider who is ready to lay down his life for a concept of Nation when a section of our country questions the very idea of standing up to the National Anthem or saluting our Tiranga? The Indian army does that and they in turn, fight until the last man and the last bullet.

We won't have a Rezang La today, if that wasn't the case. How do you inculcate the idea of never to retreat and instill the idea of Vijay ya Veergati. It is through the process of regimentation and to follow the leader and his/her orders. Every one of the Armed forces will tell you that they win and loose as a team, as a unit and there are no lone wolves but they hunt as a pack of wolves. Hence every army will have either zero tolerance for insubordination or very little tolerance when the individual might be like our own Sher Shah (aka Capt. Vikram Batra).

There is something called the art of negotiation and the ability to convince your leaders. There will be shortcomings in every organization and our armed forces are no exceptions. There are many practices that we have inherited from the British and over the years have been dropped / changed them to go with the time.

There will be many that will be retained for various reasons that may not be palatable to many, including me. But when you talk to those who served our armed forces, you will find those with grievances and so is Pravin Sawhney. I salute his service to the nation and will take his criticism with a pinch of salt, with the thought that the current leadership listens to his view. They should make the necessary changes if the suggestions were found benefitting our Nation.

Ladakh would have happened regardless of whether we prepared for warfighting. The Chinese never prepared to take on us. There target is the U.S we are just a roadblock to be removed. Had we focused on fixing our economy in the 80's instead of the 90's. We won't have faced this dilemma now.
Also blame the political class and civil bureaucracy who continue to be a hindrance and lack any objectives which has resulted in the limited capacity of the IA.
As much as I hate to say it atleast the British knew what they were doing. The British Indian army was a expeditionary force which was controlling all of the Asian land mass. From British Egypt to Hong Kong. The BIA fought everywhere. The Ottoman's were defeated by the BIA. Nehru literally destroyed whatever we got and if not for the defeat in '62 we might not even have an army because of that gora worshipping buffoon...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bali78

What happened to the AK-203 factory ?
Its already ready. The production will start once the deal is signed with Putin. Ak203 is going nowhere and most probably will replace in RR and Ghatak units...

Whats the criteria for selection and training in BSF.
I saw a very embarrassing video of Indian BSF "soldier" getting vaccination and crying like a baby.
I got my root canal without anesthesia or numbing injection, because the dentist forgot.