Indian Army Artillery Systems : News and Updates

1632653650377.png

We don't have any officially defined requirement in this category. 155/52 or 45 towed 155/39 ULH , 155 Mounted and 155 SPH is all the Army currently is officially pursuing.
IA can always go for a quick purchase of items that are not very costly and yet effective. But i suppose that the more we bring in such miscellaneous stuff, the same will be reciprocated by the Chinese is greater numbers.

Maybe Bharat Forge is looking at export customers such as African countries that are fighting insurgencies. That way GoI makes inroads there and yet hides behind private entities.

IA can always go for a quick purchase of items that are not very costly and yet effective. But i suppose that the more we bring in such miscellaneous stuff, the same will be reciprocated by the Chinese is greater numbers.

Maybe Bharat Forge is looking at export customers such as African countries that are fighting insurgencies. That way GoI makes inroads there and yet hides behind private entities.
If i am not wrong,They have orders from Saudi Arabia for this Howitzer.

• Informative
Reactions: thinkingcap81
Get a private entity to manufacture the Dhanush for interim. OFB is failing to deliver.

Bharat 52 will be a good option. OFB won't let go of Dhanush, even if they deliver after 2030.

Anyway, ATHOS will go ahead. The tender has to be cancelled for a GTG of 400 guns. But if they go for the tender itself, then we will see production in India, with the ATAGS following up after 5+ years in large numbers, to replace all our old 105mm guns. The FARP doesn't cover our full requirements after all.
Why won't it be ordered? 😞

The army wants 155mm for mounted guns, not 105mm.